NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is what I think, the saw was to cut into pipes, or to take them off to test for any blood. (if they cleaned up blood there could still be some in the pipes) since they are cut, they needed to temp drain in case of backup...or overflow. *shrug*

I remember seeing those boards in pics on the side of the house before they started searching the house yesterday. I cant find the link yet so I am going through my history on the pc to see where I seen those pics at. Until I find the link I will say this is JMO....

You can see them in the 1 second mark in this video ... sorry I added wrong link ... here's the one I meant to put up ...
http://charlotte.news14.com/content...er-house-in-ongoing-search-for-zahra?ap=1&MP4

and in the first second of this video ...http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/father-says-kidnappers-started-fire-1998695.html
(This is 10 days after Zahra went missing) so those boards have been there all along and someone just moved them.

MOO

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 334 (187 members and 147 guests)

Wow, quite the crowd here!

Waiting for the (information) dam to break??

Ok here is what I think, the saw was to cut into pipes, or to take them off to test for any blood. (if they cleaned up blood there could still be some in the pipes) since they are cut, they needed to temp drain in case of backup...or overflow. *shrug*

I'm thinking this too Lera. Or they used them to cut drywall maybe. Either way I don't think it was the floor boards now :)

JMHO.

Come on Rad, Tweet Something or we will start worrying that LE sent out a search for you!

I thought the same thing as your hubby until I just read your post!:blushing: Thanks for clearing that up!:dance:
Must be a common mistake lol
I can't believe how quiet the media is today as far as Zahra goes.

You can see them in the 1 second mark in this video ... http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25550639/index.html

and in the first second of this video ...
http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/father-says-kidnappers-started-fire-1998695.html
(This is 10 days after Zahra went missing) so those boards have been there all along and someone just moved them.

MOO

Good find! That tells me they aren't evidence more than likely. We had speculated that last night too.

Woot we are on a roll here love it! :)

JMHO.

Back from the HIckory house and my coworker was so kind to come with me. Met PunkNLuv and Hubby there with the little one. :)

I did not go around to the front of the house because it seemed most of the action that could be seen was in the backyard. FBI is on the scene now and are helping dig or sift through the mulch piles. The backhoe or bulldozer (?) would pick up a scoop and place it for the workers to rake through. They parked the backhoe right in the view of them raking so we could only see bits and snips.

I did stand beside the PD crime scene guy and spoke with him a bit. He was very nice and cooperative but of course couldn't give any information. I did ask him general questions such as was a dog out there. He said yes but they already left. Since I was at one point considering training my beloved St Bernard for cadaver search, I asked him about the dogs and where did the dog and handler come from, if they were from this area because I do know they have a K9 unit on the PD.

He told me this county does not have a cadaver dog and they have to rely on other counties or someone else to provide them. The K9 units on our local PD are for drugs and protection. I thought that was interesting and I asked him if they really had a need for these sort of dogs. He told me that they probably do but you don't really want to have much of a need for them (searching for bodies).

I asked him how they were holding up and they were doing a fantastic job. He did say they were working extremely long hours and they are all very close to the case now and "emotionally attached". He said no one has complained once about the long work days at all.

As we were speaking, the workers stopped raking, he got his camera out of the truck to go to the pile to take photos and also got a small clear plastic bag. He took photos, came back to the truck, placed the small clear bag into the brown manila envelopes you saw in the other photos last night. He sealed it with tape, wrote in a log book (?), labeled the envelope and placed it into a plastic USPS tote.

My big camera died as he was doing this but luckily I keep a small handheld camera in my car so the other photos are not as good when taken with this camera. I then had to get back to work but not before running by my house and hubby running my battery charger out to me as I flew into the drive. Now camera is charging and I am back at work giving you guys updates. ;)

Photos are still uploading. Link to come when they are finished.

Sadly, I don't think there is anything for them to find. Just little clues to poor little Z's demise. As much as I want the closure for Z's grandmother (i.e a body to take back home for a proper burial). In this case I don't think it's going to end the way we all want it to.

I really... REALLY... wanted the wood chipper to be not an option. Now I'm speculating that the story LE fed the media about it (dog hit on engine only, no other evidence, etc) may have been just that, a story, designed to put AB more at ease while he was out & about and had not been charged. KWIM?

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums...30/dmommy1/?action=view&current=P1010035.jpg&

I can't see very clearly. But I think that the hose is just hanging out of the window there and draining. Do you all assume as I do that that window is probably in the kitchen of the house?

If they were draining a waterbed of either the parents or the 3rd BR wouldn't it be easier to use the window in that room where the WB was located? Just thinking.

JMHO

that is definitely the kitchen window.

When I looked at the video of the search in the yard and saw all of the pink flags, i just wanted to throw up. I still do and that was hours ago. I pray that is not really what happened to that precious child.

I thought the mom had no involvement with her daughter since birth. Not surprising, she didn't know where Zahra lived.....

carmenugt, Good point...what's the bio-mom been doing the last 11 years?

What kind of excuse is there for a mother that seemly 'hides' and doesn't come

forward for their own abused child when she goes

missing??

Good find! That tells me they aren't evidence more than likely. We had speculated that last night too.

Woot we are on a roll here love it! :)

JMHO.

Sorry my first link was wrong but have fixed it with the correct one. :blushing:

NEW THREAD COMING SHORTLY.

I want to make mention, the majority of the mods are busy with RL this week... so unfortunately RL has caught up with all of us at the same time limiting our availability to be here as much as we would like.

ANYONE can open or start a new thread! If you see a new thread needs to be opened and a mod is not immediately available, please go ahead and open one, and then alert us/the mods so we can lock the old one. When openeing PLEASE add a NEW THREAD OPENED in giant letters at the end of the old thread.

It would very very much help us out when we just happened to have these times when unfortunately all of us are busy - doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

thanks!

NEW THREAD COMING SOON!

They have a dog back out at the house. They took him under the house and then brought him back out. He is now sitting beside the hole in the back that they have focused on most of the day.

I have about 70 pictures I took earlier. Working on uploading them now. My husband is back up there right now. He took some pictures of the dogs and I will upload them when he comes back home.

Sherlock Homey also was there taking pictures with her mac daddy camera. Her battery died but she will get a charged battery and go back later.

I will link the new pictures in my signature when they are ready!!

The one only time I have ever attempted to spend the night on a waterbed (at a friend's house), it sprang a leak. DH and I woke up soking wet and sinking fast.LOL!

The bed had to be drained and this was done by draping a garden hose out the upstairs window just like in the photo.

OMG, I had one back when the el'cheapo's weren't even heated..hated it..the x was the one that wanted it. Then my son had one in later years..and always sat down on it w/stuff in his back pockets. Having a Jack Russell Terrier and a waterbed is not a good combination either, lol! ..patches for the bed were never far away.. until I just couldn't deal with it anymore!

The one only time I have ever attempted to spend the night on a waterbed (at a friend's house), it sprang a leak. DH and I woke up soking wet and sinking fast.LOL!

The bed had to be drained and this was done by draping a garden hose out the upstairs window just like in the photo.
We always avoided letting the water drain that close to the foundations of our house. A queen size mattress would hold almost 200 gallons of water, and the hose would stretch well into the yard to prevent a muddy lake there.

When I looked at the video of the search in the yard and saw all of the pink flags, i just wanted to throw up. I still do and that was hours ago. I pray that is not really what happened to that precious child.

:hug: CG if it's any consolation I don't think all of those flags are marking evidence. JMHO.

They use them for a variety of reasons.

Also, if indeed the woodchipper was used. Given the close proximity of the house next door. The businesses close by, the streets. I doubt if they used it in their own backyard. That would be hard to conceal. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean