NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this is a redundant question, but I'm new and woefully unable to keep up with the speed of this thread right now...

I am looking into this, but suspect someone with more legal knowledge than I coulod answer a lot more quickly than I can find it.

With all the talk of whether or not AB has lawyered up, etc., I am wondering: What are the legalities surrounding the right (or lack thereof) of noncitizens to a court-appointed/paid for attorney???

Depending on AB's status here, is it plausible that he hasn't gotten an attorney because he can't afford one, and as a noncitizen, doesn't have the right to a free one? Just me pondering, and I don't know if anyone has definitively discerned his status--does anyone know? TIA

I didn't have time to go through this whole thread (!) but if no one has answered this yet, yes AB would have the right to court-appointed counsel if he cannot afford to hire his own attorney.

Also from what we know of the house, the window the hose is coming out of is in the kitchen. If they were draining a water bed wouldn't they use a bedroom window?

I remain :waitasec:

ETA: Hi AZ! Glad to see you made it over here... though I'm not sure how you find the time. :blowkiss:

Thanks SB.

(thanks to all the posters that have replied to my questions about the crawl space access too, I appreciate it)

Our local shared last night that they thought a recip saw was taken into the house. (I dont doubt the local, just have to treat it as allegedly until MSM states it KWIM?)

I was just wondering because we speculated on whether it was to cut floor boards for access to crawlspace. Just pondering. Thanks!

I linked the video in my post with the man putting on the jumpsuit ... post #952

How are waterbed mattresses sealed? Drained?

waterbed mattresses used to look like a huge airbed mattress, but would instead hold water (they were much heavier gauge plastic than air mattresses). You fill them with water thru a hose from the spigot, there is a cap and then a locking cap you put over that. you cannot move a waterbed mattress (aka bladder) without draining it first and even then - very little water in the mattress makes it extremely heavy to move. you drain them with a hose - usually by filling the hose with water and then quickly removing the hose from the spigot (or using a siphon) to pull the water back out of the bladder - almost like a pump would. also a sharp object poked into the mattress works too - but i don't recommend it!

How are waterbed mattresses sealed? Drained?

There is a plug on the top, similar to a beach ball you blow up. It's about an inch in diameter or so wide. Big enough to get a hose into it.

MotionlessTube.jpg

My hubby thought the song lyrics in Blinded by the Light Manfred Mann said wrapped up like a douche I had to tell him it was revved up like a deuce,

OMG. I never knew this. Always just thought the song was almost nonsensical. LMAO

Why is it sooooo quiet?!?! Wonder if they just arent finding anything??

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums...30/dmommy1/?action=view&current=P1010035.jpg&

I can't see very clearly. But I think that the hose is just hanging out of the window there and draining. Do you all assume as I do that that window is probably in the kitchen of the house?

If they were draining a waterbed of either the parents or the 3rd BR wouldn't it be easier to use the window in that room where the WB was located? Just thinking.

JMHO

Also from what we know of the house, the window the hose is coming out of is in the kitchen. If they were draining a water bed wouldn't they use a bedroom window?

I remain :waitasec:

I thought that too unless there is evidence on the window they don't want to disturb.

They were such a PAIN back in the day!...

The one only time I have ever attempted to spend the night on a waterbed (at a friend's house), it sprang a leak. DH and I woke up soking wet and sinking fast.LOL!

The bed had to be drained and this was done by draping a garden hose out the upstairs window just like in the photo.

Yep yep yep. I've slept on nothing but waterbeds for the past 40 years. The older ones had a wooden frame (app 8 - 10" high) then you had boards (like the ones shown in that pic) that laid flat on top and then another (smaller) wooden frame that actually holds the liner and bladder. ANYTHING could be put in that space between the two frames.

I have a softsider now and it actually sits up off the floor like a regular bed.

They would have had to have that bed already drained to get to those boards in the pic. Anyone know how long that hose has been in that window. Maybe SherlockHomey or PunKn would be able to tell us.

I still miss my waterbed and it's been 15 years.. (memory foam helps but still not the same. lol) They were awesome when I was pregnant made it so much easier to get comfortable and sleep.

Thankfully though, THE SOUL can never be scattered....

And it appears by all accounts little Z had quite the wonderful soul.

Fly up to heaven on the wings of angels little Z. :angel:

I linked the video in my post with the man putting on the jumpsuit ... post #952

I saw SSB thank you so much :)

I'm just pondering why they took that saw in there (if they did, I'm assuming they did so right now because of the source being a local on scene?)

I see now it wasn't for the floor boards, just ruling things out in my noggin' :)

JMHO.

My hubby thought the song lyrics in Blinded by the Light Manfred Mann said wrapped up like a douche I had to tell him it was revved up like a deuce,

I thought the same thing as your hubby until I just read your post!:blushing: Thanks for clearing that up!:dance:

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums...30/dmommy1/?action=view&current=P1010035.jpg&

I can't see very clearly. But I think that the hose is just hanging out of the window there and draining. Do you all assume as I do that that window is probably in the kitchen of the house?

If they were draining a waterbed of either the parents or the 3rd BR wouldn't it be easier to use the window in that room where the WB was located? Just thinking.

JMHO

That's why I was wondering if they were pumping water up from the crawlspace and down the kitchen sink drain.

If they are considering there is evidence all over the yard, they wouldn't want to pump the water out there, so the drain is the next best thing. :waitasec:

It looks like a hose from the kitchen to me.

Also, the white door looks more than a crawl space. It is either a basement of some type or storage room. The door is taller than that of a typical 'crawl space'. IMO

So, re waterbeds...it would be quite difficult to hide something IN the mattress.

Why is it sooooo quiet?!?! Wonder if they just arent finding anything??

Sadly, I don't think there is anything for them to find. Just little clues to poor little Z's demise. As much as I want the closure for Z's grandmother (i.e a body to take back home for a proper burial). In this case I don't think it's going to end the way we all want it to.

That's why I was wondering if they were pumping water up from the crawlspace and down the kitchen sink drain.

If they are considering there is evidence all over the yard, they wouldn't want to pump the water out there, so the drain is the next best thing. :waitasec:

Hmmm, interesting! You think there is a portable pump inside the crawlspace and they have the hose running up from the CS to the kitchen sink?

I think you prolly got it Celtic! Considering those terrible storms and rain.

Good job :)

JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members