NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if EB drove both vehicles? I know that the Chevy Tahoe was a work vehicle for AB. The Chevy Tahoe is where the blood was found in the center console and 3 swabs of blood where lifted. Was EB allowed to use the company vehicle and I wonder if anyone ever saw EB drive that vehicle? The canine gave a positive alert to both vehicles for the presence of human remains! The canine did not alert to the premises. So, IMO Zahra was taken somewhere else.

On October 19, 2010, LE announced publicly that they were going through the process to obtain Zahra's serial number for her prosthetic.

Almost 10 days ago.

Long before the prosthetic was ever found.

October 19, 2010

Hickory police also announced today that they are asking for Zahra's medical records, including the model, serial number and composition of the artificial leg she received from an Australian medical facility. Deputy Police Chief Maj. Clyde Deal told ABC News that this was standard procedure for any case.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-zahra-baker-911-tapes-released/story?id=11916819

Thank you for pointing this out. I didn't catch it when I heard and read it on my own. Just wow.. :lipssealed:

This is why I have said I am so baffled by the posters who think AB is a victim of his spouse and he is just clueless. As I have said, I have respect for their opinions and I actually want to believe as they do because it would mean that Z had a loving parent in the house and bright spot to her home environment.

But I don't believe that, didn't believe before the call was released, but after it is released it is so calm, so patient, and so spoonfeeds a story they clearly worked out well in advance.

There is no way this is a parent that found out moments ago that his child is missing (whether by kidnapper, or because his spouse is leading him to believe it) and has put absorbed all that has happened with mistaken identity, the kidnapper thinking the car belongs to his boss because it is the work vehicle, thinking it is the boss's house because he owns it and they rent it, that he hasn't seen his kid because she is moody, and they must have taken the leg because he knows that is gone too.

Supposedly he isn't involved, he is just slow and maybe naive? He absorbed this story in great detail in the course of minutes and during great emotional trauma?

That dog don't hunt for me.....

Hi there!
My initial thought was Thursday, October 7th, however, it could be Thursday Sept. 30th. It is all about how the "Thursday before she went missing" is interpreted.

The way it was said to Pete was the Thursday before as in October 7th. I agree that if it was before that she would have said the week before or a week or so before she went missing. The wording definitely lead him to believe it was the Thursday before (2 days) before she went missing.

The Channel 9 broadcaster Dave Faherty told my husband that EBs daughter had bailed AB out of jail. IMO that would make sense if BS was the daughter he is talking about. Especially IF she had been with Zahra that Thursday. She would know in her heart that AB was at least telling the truth about that part.

A body was possibly transported. Something was in the car for them to hit on, but what they can't tell us. Was it transfer scent? Was it a body? Was it bedding? Was it clothing? Was it from being on one person who got into both cars or two separate people in the two cars? How I wish they could talk.
True, the odds are this means that she was moved and is no longer there, but the minute LE starts making assumptions is the minute something is missed.

I wondered if her body was burnt and then put in the chipper. Normal people would never think of doing something like this because normal people have empathy which also prevents them from abusing children. The way LE are dissectng the yard and the house and all the other search location does lead me to believe they do know what happened exactly and they are looking for evidence in trace amounts over a large area. They do not seem to be expecting to find a body. Burned clothing snaps from pants ,earings, metal fillings from teeth, remains of drug paraphernalia. IMO.

It appears that Adam Baker was well aware that Zahra must have taken off her prosthetic that night before bed, because he indicates that the prosthetic leg was TAKEN by the kidnappers:

I havent heard the call. I just thought that if he brought Zahra into the county and she disapears it would be most peoples first thought that maybe the biomom had taken the child. If he was innocent and clueless isnt that a normal responce ,I thought it was a normal responce to trama to try and rationalize it.

BS, somewhere on facebook (I thought the love 4 Zahra page but could be wrong) made a comment about the last day she spent with Zahra and what they did on that day and how much she enjoyed it. That's all I can remember. I got the impression at the time the day with Zahra was months ago but I could be completely wrong on this, it was just my impression of the way she was writing. If anyone has all of BS's comments she made on facebook they may have it. I don't. I know we can't copy and paste her comments here nor can we link to that site as it is gone, but maybe if anyone has those comments they could be emailed to LE. Just a thought.

I wish someone could come up with this as well because I've been pondering it. IIRC there was a specific movie mentioned which I will not name as I cannot link to it being that it's FB and has to be treated very objectively. I always try to remember that you simply can't verify WHO makes the post. Anyway, I checked the release date for that movie and it was December of 2009. Iniitially, that concerned me but I'm leaving room for a showing in a discount theatre before DVD release. IDK....just speculating on that.

The red goo glove, just for reference, relating to similarities.

Haleigh Cummings

A gooed up glove was found in a search done by Cobra and a search called for, non-LE organized. There was a throw down dispute about people non-LE qualified handling/contaminating possible evidence. Leading LE to ask J.Q. public not to search in that case.

The glove was eventually turned into LE but has never been heard about again, silence

Please forgive me, I have been reading and following but can't recall if LE released the vehicles back to their owners?

(just trying to determine if a certain quantity of blood showed that she could not be alive, for example...I am really stuck on the why a homicide investigation. With the leg being where it was, it almost seems possible that someone took her and for some reason tossed the leg...)

I don't recall it being in the news, but it doesn't seem what LE would do in a homicide investigation with potential evidence in both vehicles. MOO

It appears that Adam Baker was well aware that Zahra must have taken off her prosthetic that night before bed, because he indicates that the prosthetic leg was TAKEN by the kidnappers:

IMO that statement can be looked at in another way. If AB was being led to believe that Zahra was kidnapped from her bed, even he would find it odd that the leg was missing and apparently taken.

That was actually the only statement in the 911 call that made me think that AB was in disbelief about the whole situation.

MOO

BS, somewhere on facebook (I thought the love 4 Zahra page but could be wrong) made a comment about the last day she spent with Zahra and what they did on that day and how much she enjoyed it. That's all I can remember. I got the impression at the time the day with Zahra was months ago but I could be completely wrong on this, it was just my impression of the way she was writing. If anyone has all of BS's comments she made on facebook they may have it. I don't. I know we can't copy and paste her comments here nor can we link to that site as it is gone, but maybe if anyone has those comments they could be emailed to LE. Just a thought.

I don't remember the postings but what I do remember was her saying that she hadn't seen since they moved, that she was unaware that they moved before the case blew open. I get the Brittany's confused, but I was wondering the same thing when the locals posted her saying this. Seems like the story has changed, but LE has pretty much said family statements are inconsistent and they are seeking independent sightings?

I have been reading this site for several days now and Zahra has captured my heart in the same way that Tori Stafford did. The waiting and not knowing what happened to this beautiful child is unbearable, perhaps because she is, as Tori was, the same age as my granddaughter and I can't imagine the pain of losing her much less in such a violent and tragic way.

The reason for my post is that I don't believe that LE is searching the property for human remains, at least outside the house. In two cases that I know of, when LE found the body or even searched a site where they thought the body might be found, the general public was kept far from their investigations. When Tori's body was found the utmost dignity and respect was shown and even photos from the air failed to reveal anything.

While I sincerely appreciate everthing PunKn', her hubby and Sherlocky are doing to keep us up to date on the investigation I really doubt that they would be allowed that close with cameras if LE is looking for remains. Evidence is on that property for sure or they wouldn't be there and perhaps crime scene evidence which was disposed of, thus the HRD dogs, but not little Zahra herself or there would be a lot more effort to conceal their work. That said, we don't know what's going on inside the house.

I'm still trying to figure out the dogs hitting on two vehicles but I'm sure there will be an explanation eventually.

All only my opinion of course

I do agree that they are probably not looking for a body. At most I would think it might be bone fragments. IIRC it was said a tip telling them to dig lead back to the house so it would stand to reason they have some idea of what they are looking for.
The house is in a very public and busy area. There are businesses to the left of the house, a parking lot behind the house, a restaurant toward the back side of the house . A business and parking lot are also across the street from the front of the house. It would be very hard to completely keep people out. I'm not saying it couldn't be done....but it would be harder than a more rural area to secure. You could stand inside any of the businesses and take pictures if you had access to them.
My husband and I believe the way they were sifting and looking that whatever they are looking for would stand out. They didn't have to bend down to look, they weren't using a 'fine tooth comb' ya know. I am leaning toward it being evidence someone tried to dispose of. Just not sure what kind of evidence at this point.

A replt to this: Originally Posted by cyberborg
Which brings up the valid contention that ... if decomp was identified in the cars then ... a deceased body was most likely transported. If a body was transported then it isn't at the home anymore.

If there is decomposition that would mean deceased

Thanks a lot. I know. My contention was possibly 'transported' (not 'deceased').

I wonder if EB drove both vehicles? I know that the Chevy Tahoe was a work vehicle for AB. The Chevy Tahoe is where the blood was found in the center console and 3 swabs of blood where lifted. Was EB allowed to use the company vehicle and I wonder if anyone ever saw EB drive that vehicle? The canine gave a positive alert to both vehicles for the presence of human remains! The canine did not alert to the premises. So, IMO Zahra was taken somewhere else.

Odd because at some point if she was murdered at the house ,then there should have been something for the dog to hit on.

May I add that from discussing this case with someone I know who has a below the knee amputation, it is almost certain that Zahra wouldn't have worn the prosthesis while sleeping. In fact, it most likely didn't fit properly,as it appears it hadn't been replaced since moving from Australia, Zahra wouldn't have been wearing it except when absolutely necessary. She would've been in too much pain. MOO

This is absolutely correct. Have never known anyone to wear their prosthesis at night, it's with relief and a huge sigh when it comes off. Can't imagine the sigh of relief when one that does not fit properly is taken off. Believe me, it's not a good thing when these don't fit properly. I've had patients with the skin gone and the bone exposed due to improper fit. This results in further amputation. A prosthesis that does not fit correctly results in further health complications. If those complications are not addressed, then it can result in decubitus, infection, gangrene, and death.

Sorry, I missed the part where the HRD dogs did not alert at the house? Can someone point me to that info.

Has anyone asked why - why EB and AB reported Z missing? No one in the neighborhood seemed to know Z existed, so she wouldn't have been missed. EB could have easily told her own family that Z had returned to Australia to live with her grandmother - I'm pretty certain no one would have checked to see if that was true. I'm guessing because EB knew she couldn't keep Z's disappearance hidden from AB and once he learned Z was missing he would be upset and question her, blame her and call police.

I may be wrong, but I have said from day one, I just don't think AB was involved in Z's disappearance/murder. I think still EB had total complete control in that house and what she said was law. I think she probably abused AB as well as Z and I also believe that AB did all he could to keep EB happy and to stay away from her as well.

Um I've never smelled a burning body but I've heard that the stench is overwhelming and I think the neighbors would have smelt that.

I don't remember the postings but what I do remember was her saying that she hadn't seen since they moved, that she was unaware that they moved before the case blew open. I get the Brittany's confused, but I was wondering the same thing when the locals posted her saying this. Seems like the story has changed, but LE has pretty much said family statements are inconsistent and they are seeking independent sightings?

I thought it was BB who described a day with Zahra on FB, and Zahra telling her mom KD that it was the best day she ever had. I also thought it was her who said she wasn't aware that they had moved.

AF has testified that she was in touch with her mother right up until her arrest and I would think that BS would have at least known about the move from her.

MOO

Odd because at some point if she was murdered at the house ,then there should have been something for the dog to hit on.

Not odd if they dumped the mattress and bedding her body would have left its scent on. If her deceased body was not in contact with anything remaining in her room there would be nothing for them to hit on.

She is gone.
Her mattress is gone.
Her bedding is gone.
And she left the property somehow.
They hit on the vehicle.

moo

The way it was said to Pete was the Thursday before as in October 7th. I agree that if it was before that she would have said the week before or a week or so before she went missing. The wording definitely lead him to believe it was the Thursday before (2 days) before she went missing.

The Channel 9 broadcaster Dave Faherty told my husband that EBs daughter had bailed AB out of jail. IMO that would make sense if BS was the daughter he is talking about. Especially IF she had been with Zahra that Thursday. She would know in her heart that AB was at least telling the truth about that part.

Well, I'm completely baffled now. BS must not have been being truthful on the facebook page or didn't want to mention that she had seen Zahra only 2 days before she went missing. Either that or she is not being truthful now - is this why the police are asking for sightings outside of the family? They can't trust anything that is told to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500