NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I believe the way they were sifting and looking that whatever they are looking for would stand out. They didn't have to bend down to look, they weren't using a 'fine tooth comb' ya know. I am leaning toward it being evidence someone tried to dispose of. Just not sure what kind of evidence at this point.

RSBBM... thank you for bringing this up, PunK. It crossed my mind this afternoon that in all those photos of the men raking, no one was on their knees; everyone seemed just to bend at the waist to look over what they were sifting through, and that does indicate that they weren't trying to differentiate say, a root fragment from a bone fragment.

Whatever it is that they are looking for, it's heartening that they were identifying and bagging evidence.

I wonder if EB drove both vehicles? I know that the Chevy Tahoe was a work vehicle for AB. The Chevy Tahoe is where the blood was found in the center console and 3 swabs of blood where lifted. Was EB allowed to use the company vehicle and I wonder if anyone ever saw EB drive that vehicle? The canine gave a positive alert to both vehicles for the presence of human remains! The canine did not alert to the premises. So, IMO Zahra was taken somewhere else.

that would be a reasonable explanation for a decomp hit with only one person in two vehicles at separate times.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't PunKnLuV post in the last thread that she spoke with one of teh CSI guys on scene regarding the dogs? Can't recall if they went into the depth of whether the dogs used were trained in blood search or decomp.

I do agree that they are probably not looking for a body. At most I would think it might be bone fragments. IIRC it was said a tip telling them to dig lead back to the house so it would stand to reason they have some idea of what they are looking for.
The house is in a very public and busy area. There are businesses to the left of the house, a parking lot behind the house, a restaurant toward the back side of the house . A business and parking lot are also across the street from the front of the house. It would be very hard to completely keep people out. I'm not saying it couldn't be done....but it would be harder than a more rural area to secure. You could stand inside any of the businesses and take pictures if you had access to them.
My husband and I believe the way they were sifting and looking that whatever they are looking for would stand out. They didn't have to bend down to look, they weren't using a 'fine tooth comb' ya know. I am leaning toward it being evidence someone tried to dispose of. Just not sure what kind of evidence at this point.

Zahra is only AB's blood child right? EB's daughter isn't his child right? Call me cynical but if he was my step dad and even if I thought he might be innocent I wouldn't be posting bail unless my MOMMY demanded it.

WTH????

This article says that LE already HAS the serial number for Zahra's prosthetic leg!!!

Did I miss something here? Why did LE search the landfill AFTER they found out the model number for the leg???? This was 8 days ago!

October 20, 2010

Adkins said that information gleaned from several interviews led the police to the landfill where they could be searching for days.

Adkins would not disclose what the piece of evidence was, but police interest in the landfill came about a day after authorities combed through Zahra's medical records and found the model and serial number for her prosthetic leg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-bake...nce-north-carolina-landfill/story?id=11926357

This is absolutely correct. Have never known anyone to wear their prosthesis at night, it's with relief and a huge sigh when it comes off. Can't imagine the sigh of relief when one that does not fit properly is taken off. Believe me, it's not a good thing when these don't fit properly. I've had patients with the skin gone and the bone exposed due to improper fit. This results in further amputation. A prosthesis that does not fit correctly results in further health complications. If those complications are not addressed, then it can result in decubitus, infection, gangrene, and death.
You are absolutely right! The lady I speak of had her amputation less than two years ago and is already on her third prosthesis, trying to get the "right fit". She said often she is in a lot of pain. Although this person could be Zahra's grandmother, I can only imagine what Zahra went through as she grew, especially since hers was above the knee where her growing thigh would probably have to squeeze into the prosthesis,,,,,which could lead to the complications you have described. MOO

I wish someone could come up with this as well because I've been pondering it. IIRC there was a specific movie mentioned which I will not name as I cannot link to it being that it's FB and has to be treated very objectively. I always try to remember that you simply can't verify WHO makes the post. Anyway, I checked the release date for that movie and it was December of 2009. Iniitially, that concerned me but I'm leaving room for a showing in a discount theatre before DVD release. IDK....just speculating on that.

That was it! Oh thank you! :)

Did BS make the movie comment because I remember that one?

Snipped. .
I agree that it is evidence and most likely crime scene evidence with blood traces or proof of decomposition. Given your description of the area and the "busyness" I think if they thought there was any possibility of remains or parts of remains the site would be tented, even if they had to move the tent as they moved through the area.

Thanks again for your dedication to keeping us up to date on what is happening there.

Has anyone asked why - why EB and AB reported Z missing? No one in the neighborhood seemed to know Z existed, so she wouldn't have been missed. EB could have easily told her own family that Z had returned to Australia to live with her grandmother - I'm pretty certain no one would have checked to see if that was true. I'm guessing because EB knew she couldn't keep Z's disappearance hidden from AB and once he learned Z was missing he would be upset and question her, blame her and call police.

I may be wrong, but I have said from day one, I just don't think AB was involved in Z's disappearance/murder. I think still EB had total complete control in that house and what she said was law. I think she probably abused AB as well as Z and I also believe that AB did all he could to keep EB happy and to stay away from her as well.

I've also wondered why they mentioned Zahra at all to LE, but apparently EB's family knew Zahra existed even if neighbors did not. So maybe they had killed her that day and then lit the fire as a decoy to have an excuse to call and report the kidnapping. I think if they could have just never mentioned Zahra to anyone, they wouldn't have, but there were those pesky relatives who knew she existed.

Just a guess.

Not odd if they dumped the mattress and bedding her body would have left its scent on. If her deceased body was not in contact with anything remaining in her room there would be nothing for them to hit on.

She is gone.
Her mattress is gone.
Her bedding is gone.
And she left the property somehow.
They hit on the vehicle.

moo

I was under the impression that it was a chemical process that would actually seep into the air ,wall,etc . I thought that is how the gas test for decomp worked.

May I add that from discussing this case with someone I know who has a below the knee amputation, it is almost certain that Zahra wouldn't have worn the prosthesis while sleeping. In fact, it most likely didn't fit properly,as it appears it hadn't been replaced since moving from Australia, Zahra wouldn't have been wearing it except when absolutely necessary. She would've been in too much pain. MOO

It makes me sick to think she didn't have adjustments or a replacement prosthesis and had to use one that was the improper length and an ill fit. I feel certain she could've gotten free treatment through some program or facility if anyone had cared enough to look into it.

Just one more cruel insult...so heartbreaking. Yet, precious little Zahra kept her sunny disposition and smiled through that and so much more...a lesson in the triumph of the human spirit if ever there were one.

:rose: Justice for Zahra :rose:

Wasn't the post on facebook from someone in Aus that took ZB to the movies and it was the only time she had been to the movies?

Also I think this whole thing involves money. We know about all the bouncing cheques etc so I reckon they were in deep. I just think that they stuffed up their plan (whatever it was).

Sorry, I missed the part where the HRD dogs did not alert at the house? Can someone point me to that info.

speculating with known facts. Known fact the dogs hit on various vehicles in back yard and on the engine compartment of chipper per LE and MSM. There werre no mentions that I recall fromeither LE or MSM, so if dogs did hit on anything in house, we do not know, nor does MSM, therefore not a known fact. Could be a fact, but not a known one.

I tend to think the dogs didn't tho. If they had, the search now being done of the home would have been done that first day IMO

If I am mistaken then I know you will correct me :)

It appears that Adam Baker was well aware that Zahra must have taken off her prosthetic that night before bed, because he indicates that the prosthetic leg was TAKEN by the kidnappers:

Wow, great catch. Not she must of had it on when they took her, because it isn't here. But, her leg was taken with her.

Has anyone asked why - why EB and AB reported Z missing? No one in the neighborhood seemed to know Z existed, so she wouldn't have been missed. EB could have easily told her own family that Z had returned to Australia to live with her grandmother - I'm pretty certain no one would have checked to see if that was true. I'm guessing because EB knew she couldn't keep Z's disappearance hidden from AB and once he learned Z was missing he would be upset and question her, blame her and call police.

I may be wrong, but I have said from day one, I just don't think AB was involved in Z's disappearance/murder. I think still EB had total complete control in that house and what she said was law. I think she probably abused AB as well as Z and I also believe that AB did all he could to keep EB happy and to stay away from her as well.

If that were the case, why didn't he protect his daughter and leave? If his family could afford a ticket here from Australia certainly they could've brought him and Zahra back there. MOO

That was it! Oh thank you! :)

Did BS make the movie comment because I remember that one?[/QUOTE

I honestly have had the hardest time keeping track of who's who so I could not say definitively. I do however, remember the movie trip, Z's gushing about her "first" movie (I'm still not sure that I buy that-JMO) etc. I am inclined that it WAS BS but admittedly have been confused on that front.

Hey.... Does Peliman have a slimmer twin on the thread... :floorlaugh:

:innocent:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5703778&postcount=17"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16[/ame]

I've also wondered why they mentioned Zahra at all to LE, but apparently EB's family knew Zahra existed even if neighbors did not. So maybe they had killed her that day and then lit the fire as a decoy to have an excuse to call and report the kidnapping. I think if they could have just never mentioned Zahra to anyone, they wouldn't have, but there were those pesky relatives who knew she existed.

Just a guess.

I too think the way to get away with this or at least buy some major time was to move again which would not have been out of character for them at all.

I think they didn't have the money to make a move of any major distance to start over somewhere where no one knew they had a kid.

And they thought they were smarter than they are.

It makes me sick to think she didn't have adjustments or a replacement prosthesis and had to use one that was the improper length and an ill fit. I feel certain she could've gotten free treatment through some program or facility if anyone had cared enough to look into it.

Just one more cruel insult...so heartbreaking. Yet, precious little Zahra kept her sunny disposition and smiled through that and so much more...a lesson in the triumph of the human spirit if ever there were one.

:rose: Justice for Zahra :rose:

She certainly was an example for all of us to follow. When we're having a bad day from now on think of Zahra's beautiful smile and how much pain she endured yet smiled anyway. :rose:

May I add that from discussing this case with someone I know who has a below the knee amputation, it is almost certain that Zahra wouldn't have worn the prosthesis while sleeping. In fact, it most likely didn't fit properly,as it appears it hadn't been replaced since moving from Australia, Zahra wouldn't have been wearing it except when absolutely necessary. She would've been in too much pain. MOO

If we could see a picture of a replica of the prosthetic or even a detailed picture of Z's actual prosthetic we might be able to see if it is an item which can be adjusted at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500