NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCMOM are you a local from Hickory or the surrounding area?

I live in Granite Falls. My daughter went to school in the same grade as Zahra, different class. I am not from here originally. I am from Illinois.

I wished I had 50 bucks to throw away to do one of those deep background checks on a certain person...LMAO No posters...let me make that clear!

property search, does that pull up cars too..are they counted as property?

BBM...

Looks like Dubs was assigned before EB was declared indigent.

According to this article from 10/23 - http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/23/dubs-defend-elisa-baker-ar-478734/

"Lisa Dubs confirmed Friday that she has been assigned to Baker’s case as provisional counsel. According to court records, Dubs’ role is to “Conduct a preliminary investigation, determine if the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel, and protect the defendant’s rights pending appointment of trial counsel. North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley assigned Dubs to Baker’s case Monday."

So...
Monday 10/18/2010 - AB arrested
Monday 10/18/2010 - Indigent Defense Svc assigned Dubs to EB
and IIRC - AB's first court date is 11/18/2010 - so, no he hasn't been to court yet...looking for confirmation of the court date now...

I think LE explained the reason for EB's provisional counsel. EB admitted to being involved in the kidnapping of Z and if LE gave her best counsel EB can't complain about any suggestions made in regard to her association with writing a ransom note if it were argued that it could be based on her record of misdemeanors. JMO

If she has implicated herself in a felony it makes sense to me that the court appointed attorney appoint the most qualified attorney to determine how much trouble EB could be in.

I can handle reading the posts on this board and I can theorize as much as anyone can speculate. I don't see anyone picking on me, I see lots of possibilities and no reason why I can't see that my cousin could be totally innocent in the disappearance of Z.

Also I can see he has been in trouble with the law. If you go back through my posts. You would be looking at other possibilities or questions I had that could have included AB. At the moment I am following the here and now of this thread while I am trying to catch up.

Can you tell us something of Adam's early life before EB? Would you feel comfortable doing that?

Earlier there was discussion by some about whether or not LE is searching for Z's remains or if they are just looking for evidence. I had been wondering the same so I went digging for information and found a report that made me feel a lot better.

Published Oct 30th..
As the search for missing Zahra Baker moves toward its third week, members of law enforcement and recovery teams scoured two main areas Friday in hopes of discovering the 10-year-old North Carolina girl's remains.

Friday's search radiated out from the brushy area in Caldwell County where the leg was found in an effort to hopefully find the remains of the girl. Said area was located not far from a former residence of Elisa Baker and is a known dumping ground.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5952112/zahra_baker_case_search_continues_for.html?cat=8

Glad to know they are still trying to bring her home. No matter who ends up in court I just want her to have a respectful resting place.

Is there any confirmation as to which players were using drugs?

Confirmed I guess is only BB and her partner (nephew of Elisa) as per BB's interviews. Plenty of speculation on the rest of them due to things they have said themselves.

So she was faking periods leading up to the fake pregnancy story? He must have had kids on his wish list when they got together then. And yeah, wow, that is sick.

So, IF (stressing the IF) she were faking being pregnant, wonder what the culmination of that scam would have been?

Fake it for attention? Attention because she's "pregnant" and then attention when she "miscarries" the pregnancy?

Fake it to try to hold on to her husband? (Or to hold on to someone else who she thought was moving on from her but from whom she hadn't moved on?)

Attempt to fake it right up to delivery (which would happen when she was alone, naturally) and have some babies lined up to pass off as her own?

Again, this is just some out-there "what-iffing" based on what NCMOM had been told about a fake pregnancy.

Must be true love :croc:

Don't you find the timing to be bizarre not to mention creepy? They weren't getting married when Zahra first went missing so it isn't like all the plans were in place, so why do that while this is going on?

Don't you find the timing to be bizarre not to mention creepy? They weren't getting married when Zahra first went missing so it isn't like all the plans were in place, so why do that while this is going on?

Ok I missed this. I assumed that the wedding talk was in relation to some other case but now not so much! Who's getting married???

So, IF (stressing the IF) she were faking being pregnant, wonder what the culmination of that scam would have been?

Fake it for attention? Attention because she's "pregnant" and then attention when she "miscarries" the pregnancy?

Fake it to try to hold on to her husband? (Or to hold on to someone else who she thought was moving on from her but from whom she hadn't moved on?)

Attempt to fake it right up to delivery (which would happen when she was alone, naturally) and have some babies lined up to pass off as her own?

Again, this is just some out-there "what-iffing" based on what NCMOM had been told about a fake pregnancy.

All of the above on the motivation....and babies lined up? *Shudder at the thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member