NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly. How is it relevent that AB worked for a tree service company? Let's say my husband is a landscaper by trade, and someone sets a fire to my flower bed, and I'm totally clueless as to how or why said fire occurred. Would I find it relevent to mention to 911 dispatcher that my husband worked as a landscaper? If I were truly clueless, I wouldn't even draw the line between the 2, I'd simply state what I know for a fact, that I woke up and somehow there was a fire in my flower bed. Now, we know that EB wrote the ransom note, so we know that she had something to do with the fire being set. We'd expect HER to offer irrelevent info to "set the scene", but why this PARTICULAR info? Then we look at AB's 911 call, and lo and behold, he not only offers the exact same irrelevent info, but he drives it home to the point of redundancy. He also adds the addition irrelevent info that not only was he working in the yard when EB runs to tell him Z is missing, but he was working with yard equiptment. The concern from both EB and AB seems to be centered around the yard, the mulch, and the equiptment. This is where they fear they may have tripped up, and they are anxious shift attention to the boss, the company, the phantom kidnappers. They are drawing lines for whoever is listening, because they afraid the listeners might fail to draw those lines themselves, kwim?

BBM

But then he says in the 911 call that he just got up a little bit ago, so which is it? And is that one of the conflicting stories LE said they were getting?

Mabe EB was saying that because of the mulch the fire might spread quickly.... Being devils advocate here......

I am now under the impression that is because she wanted to set up the bosses son.

The red head pot smoking son mentioned in the ransome note. It really seems so obvious it is almost crazy.

Except that the boss doesn't even HAVE a son. And that fact makes me curious as to why EB would add that info in the note. Did she mistake another redheaded male for the bosses son, a co-worker perhaps, a nephew of the boss? Or does she add this info simply because she knows it doesn't make sense. Buy time...write something about someone who doesn't exist...tie up LE so that we have a little more time to go over our tracks and make sure we didn't slip up anywhere.

Except that the boss doesn't even HAVE a son. And that fact makes me curious as to why EB would add that info in the note. Did she mistake another redheaded male for the bosses son, a co-worker perhaps, a nephew of the boss? Or does she add this info simply because she knows it doesn't make sense. Buy time...write something about someone who doesn't exist...tie up LE so that we have a little more time to go over our tracks and make sure we didn't slip up anywhere.

We thought for a while he didn't have a son, but then it was revealed on NG or JVM that he did.

My thoughts exactly. How is it relevent that AB worked for a tree service company? Let's say my husband is a landscaper by trade, and someone sets a fire to my flower bed, and I'm totally clueless as to how or why said fire occurred. Would I find it relevent to mention to 911 dispatcher that my husband worked as a landscaper? If I were truly clueless, I wouldn't even draw the line between the 2, I'd simply state what I know for a fact, that I woke up and somehow there was a fire in my flower bed. Now, we know that EB wrote the ransom note, so we know that she had something to do with the fire being set. We'd expect HER to offer irrelevent info to "set the scene", but why this PARTICULAR info? Then we look at AB's 911 call, and lo and behold, he not only offers the exact same irrelevent info, but he drives it home to the point of redundancy. He also adds the additional irrelevent info that not only was he working in the yard when EB runs to tell him Z is missing, but he was working with yard equiptment. The concern from both EB and AB seems to be centered around the yard, the mulch, and the equiptment. This is where they fear they may have tripped up, and they are anxious shift attention to the boss, the company, the phantom kidnappers. They are drawing lines for whoever is listening, because they afraid the listeners might fail to draw those lines themselves, kwim?

I dont think it is where they tripped ,I believe it is where they wanted attention lead to. The company. The mention of it set the stage,then the ransome note and the super negitive statement about the son. The police contact the boss from the start with placed him in plain police veiw. Now of course the mention of drugs was to make LE go "humm..who is this pot smoker?" The million dollar ransome was to make the note look juvenile.

EB really thought that LE would look into them. I bet she is still shocked they didnt. or at least going over her mistakes in her head.

BBM

But then he says in the 911 call that he just got up a little bit ago, so which is it? And is that one of the conflicting stories LE said they were getting?

My personal feeling is that he is having trouble keeping the fire story and the missing child story separate in his mind. He "just woke up" to the fire...he was "working in yard" when EB tells him Z is missing. He tripped up, plain and simple.

Wait...what? I didn't know he didn't have a son. Curiouser and curiouser! Where is that reported?

We thought for a while he didn't have a son, but then it was revealed on NG or JVM that he did.

Yep, one of the better mysteries of the case. Thanks for the info it was NG or JVM - I couldn't remember where it came from and couldn't find it online in print while googling around yesterday.

My personal feeling is that he is having trouble keeping the fire story and the missing child story separate in his mind. He "just woke up" to the fire...he was "working in yard" when EB tells him Z is missing. He tripped up, plain and simple.

I think if he had been out of the house and "working" he would have said "I just got home..." I think he forgot to stick to the script in the later interviews, like maybe he was trying to distance himself from EB.

How does one get back to the last thread??

go to page one Imamaze's first post on this thread and she has a link leading back to the previous one :)

I dont think it is where they tripped ,I believe it is where they wanted attention lead to. The company. The mention of it set the stage,then the ransome note and the super negitive statement about the son. The police contact the boss from the start with placed him in lain police veiw. Now of course the mention of drugs was to make LE go "humm..who is this pot smoker?" The million dollar ransome was to make the note look juvenile.

EB really thought that LE would look into them. I bet she is still shocked they didnt. or at least going over her mistakes in her head.

I said that I think this is where they FEARED they had tripped up. Note how when AB is asked by a reporter if they checked on Z during the fire, AB hesitates before saying, "No, because I was in a big panic...". Not just any old panic, a BIG panic. In most lies, you find a grain of truth if you look hard enough.

I know that some here think AB is innocent. But I just don't buy the "slow, hound dog thing" he is trying to pull off. I think he has learned how to act along the road, possibly because Zahra was so sick, and there was alot of attention on them at times with the benefits and things. It's not his first rodeo so to speak.

Wait...what? I didn't know he didn't have a son. Curiouser and curiouser! Where is that reported?

A redheaded pot smoking one ! (JK)
IMO
I actually thought from the ransome note it may be a step-son and EB hatered of the word step child prevented her from wrighting that.

I am now under the impression that is because she wanted to set up the bosses son.

The red head pot smoking son mentioned in the ransome note. It really seems so obvious it is almost crazy.

I read many threads back that the boss doesn't even have a son.

A redheaded pot smoking one ! (JK)
IMO
I actually thought from the ransome note it may be a step-son and EB hatered of the word step child prevented her from wrighting that.

A "redheaded, pot smoking" one, ideed. Why would the writer of the note (whom we now know to be EB, by her own admission) feel the need to be so specific? Does the boss have more than 1 son? Again, we see far too much additional, irrelevent information being doled out, and whenever I see that, I want to know why. EB wants the reader to know exactly who she is talking about, and to insert the idea that this person has a connection to drugs. What isn't clear to me is WHY she wants the reader to know this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz