NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe looking for her leg in pond???
there has to be a very good reason to take wood chipper apart piece by piece......something was found and something was not found!!! JMOO
Now what wasn't found???
If clothes were found in the fire, was Zahra nude?
no cloth found in woodchipper?

O/T 27th miner on way up!!!!

Ha.. Did you see the video of the pond with the pump truck next to it?? Didn't look very big..

Looked small. Could be the one that is on the google map close to 2830 Hartland Road. If I had any money! I would be on it!

Thanks for the new thread IMMA BE!

Id like to take a minute to address the guests who may be hesitant to register and join in.I also read through a few threads before registering but got to the point where I had to join in. I have been afraid to join in on a discussion or thought what question I wanted answered would come across as not to bright but finally took the plunge. All my questions have been answered with the utmost respect and I have met many wonderful people and learned more than I will ever remember. WS is a amazing place of the biggest hearted WONDERFUL people. The only complaint Ican come up with is it is so very addicting my hubby said he feels like a WS widower when Iget involved in a interesting thread.On the other side of it he gets lots of cuddling when I need comfort and has even sat at the computer with me and read along. So please join us!!! END OF RAMBLE :)

Id like to take a minute to address the guests who may be hesitant to register and join in.I also read through a few threads before registering but got to the point where I had to join in. I have been afraid to join in on a discussion or thought what question I wanted answered would come across as not to bright but finally took the plunge. All my questions have been answered with the utmost respect and I have met many wonderful people and learned more than I will ever remember. WS is a amazing place of the biggest hearted WONDERFUL people. The only complaint Ican come up with is it is so very addicting my hubby said he feels like a WS widower when Iget involved in a interesting thread.On the other side of it he gets lots of cuddling when I need comfort and has even sat at the computer with me and read along. So please join us!!! END OF RAMBLE :)

BBM: Oh, honey... it just gets worse... LOL :)

Just got the pumping equipment into the pond. Should start pumping it out any time now. Will take about an hour.

I tried to find the pond on google, but I couldn't. It must be a very tiny pond to drain in a hour though. I didn't see anymore ponds, lakes in the area of the search either.

25355064_640X360.jpg

Zahra Claire Baker

TIMELINE: Missing 10-Year-Old Zahra Baker

HICKORY, N.C. -- The following is a timeline of events in the case of the missing 10-year-old Hickory girl, Zahra Baker.

• THURSDAY EVENING: Zahra's dad, Adam Baker, said he last saw his daughter in bed on Thursday evening after he returned home from work.

• SATURDAY MORNING: Zahra was reportedly last seen sleeping in her bed in her Hickory home by her stepmother, Elisa Baker.

• SATURDAY AFTERNOON Zahra Baker was reported missing by her father and stepmother.

• SUNDAY MORNING: Zahra's stepmother was arrested on several charges unrelated to the case. The charges include writing bad checks and failing to return property.

• SUNDAY AFTERNOON: Police gathered surveillance video from businesses near the home to put together a better timeline of events leading to her disappearance.

• SUNDAY AFTERNOON: Investigators also followed up on a call for service by the Hickory Fire Department at the home where Zahra lives with her parents for a small fire that started on the front lawn.

• SUNDAY AFTERNOON: A dozen Hickory police officers went door to door throughout Zahra's neighborhood Sunday afternoon, talking to dozens of residents and handing out Zahra's photograph. Officers looked into basement windows, and walked deep into the woods.

• MONDAY MORNING: Zahra's dad, Adam Baker, appeared on "Good Morning America" to plead with anyone with information to come forward.

• MONDAY AFTERNOON: Hickory police chief, Tom Adkins, held a brief press conference to update the public on the 10-year-old's disappearance.

• MONDAY AFTERNOON: A search warrant released Monday reveals more details about the case of a missing 10-year-old girl from Hickory girl. According to the search warrant, investigators showed up at Zahra Baker's residence responding to a brush fire outside the home on Saturday morning when they found a ransom note inside of a Chevrolet Tahoe that was parked outside.

• TUESDAY AFTERNOON: Hickory police have obtained a warrant for Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, after she admitted to writing and leaving the ransom note that was at the fire scene on Saturday, the day Zahra was reported missing. Elisa is being charged with felony obstruction of justice after being interviewed Monday night at the Catawba County Detention facility about the disappearance of Zahra.

• TUESDAY EVENING: Police are searched a wooded area late into the night on Tuesday and into Wednesday morning dozens of miles from where the missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker was last seen. The scene is down a dead end dirt road off of Hartland Road, north of Morganton, where police spent more than seven hours looking for clues around a wood chipper and in mulch piles.

• WEDNESDAY MORNING: The girl's stepmother, Elisa Baker, was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday, accused of trying to throw off investigators with a fake ransom note. A public candlelight vigil for 10-year-old Zahra is expected to take place Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at East Hickory Baptist Church on 16th Street, Southeast in Hickory.

Just wanted to repost and say sorry yes me flipping the A and R was a typeo. I am at work and so not proof reading :( Which I will now do sorry.

Wanted to thank you guys for the links, as hard as they are to read its pretty much the only way we are getting info atm.

Happens to me all the time! I figured that's what happened...thanks for replying...:)

Bless his heart.

Can you just imagine this happening in your own family? Prayers for him and his family. JMHO.

These kind of crimes effect people even on the outside peripheral of the case more than anyone knows.

We have support groups for victims but there are no support groups for the families of the accused/guilty and trust me they suffer pain,lost heartbreak.

I've been there I get it, and I can never forget it nor can I forget those who didn't ask be dragged into this kind of nightmare.

I tried to find the pond on google, but I couldn't. It must be a very tiny pond to drain in a hour though. I didn't see anymore ponds, lakes in the area of the search either.

Google Maps this...

2830 Hartland Road Morganton NC

This is where the father used to work and had access to machinery. Pond is behind the house. HTH!

Oh yeah, it is very tiny. In fact, "tiny" is a generous way to describe it!

This it? The red triangle represents the mulch pile location, or at least pretty close to it.

pond.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member