NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone for your participation here. Info is coming in fast & from at least 2 continents.

A little off topic. but does anyone know the record for the fastest moving WS thread? This one is zooming!

The problem with the photos as regards the leg is that I have seen photos of Zahra with two different sytles of prosthetic leg. One is more resemblant of a human leg, shape, etc.

The other is of the slender titanium-ish looking variety where it is just a slender pole running from the shoe and then fitted at the stump.

We can't know what we are dealing with til LE or someone tells us if one of those legs was a replacement for the other or whether she wore both at teh time of her disappearance. I tend to think it is one or the other as it was reported her prosthetic (singular) was missing along with her but without knowing which one it was, how can we know whether it can be partially chipped or not?

sigh. I hate it when I hit the informational dead end!

bdp, I have a disabled daughter as well. She's eight, and though she has not overcome nearly as much as Zahra did, I know what you mean by hitting close to home.

Thanks to everyone for your participation here. Info is coming in fast & from at least 2 continents.

A little off topic. but does anyone know the record for the fastest moving WS thread? This one is zooming!

Don't know but Haleigh Cummings was moving 40-50 pages a day average in the basement.

That's exactly what I have heard also. Even the most expensive prosthesis have to fit perfectly, and with a growing child like Zahra, I can't see her getting the level of care she should have. :cry: MOO

Me too :sick:

I grew up in NW Hickory, my wife is from Sawmills, the father of one of my best friends lives on Hartland Rd, and I have a 10 year old daughter with disabilities. Needless to say, this hit close to home.

Welcome, bdp. :)

The Sandra Cantu thread was amazingly fast. There, we had a missing child plus no clear idea of who might be responsible, plus, since the case was in California, many, many news sources online - plenty to sleuth with that one.

Just some thoughts that I have had about this.

Something to add a new twist on things. Zahra was most likely on disability and receiving disability benefits. A "Missing" child would continue to get benefits. A deceased child would not. Possible motive for covering up a child's death?

If she was receiving disability, family services would not and did not lose track of her due to the family moving.

Her prosthetic leg is most likely made of light weight material so that a child could easily use it. Probably a material that would float. I believe it's very possible that Zahra's leg was put through the wood chipper and not her body. There would be tons of evidence if a human body was put through a chipper....it would not be an easy mess to clean up to remove all evidence.

It's doubtful that human remains remained on the residence or in a vehicle for a long period of time. As we have all learned from the Caylee Anythony case, the smell would be intolerable after only a few days.

The drug para. is most likely something along the line of pipes, bongs or rolling papers. Just simply because the "ransom" note said something about a pot smoking son. (criminals tend to slip in some truth between the lines). The green vegetation may be pot. They really can't say it's pot until it has been proven to be that....so they just describe it.

I highly doubt a child would be on hard drugs such as methadone. The drug of choice for neuropathy is Neurontin....which is a non narcotic drug and highly effective.

There has to be some pretty good indications for them to go to the expense of draining a pond. I'm guessing that someone is talking at least a little.

I grew up in NW Hickory, my wife is from Sawmills, the father of one of my best friends lives on Hartland Rd, and I have a 10 year old daughter with disabilities. Needless to say, this hit close to home.

I also have a 10 year old daughter, who thankfully does not have any disabilities. I had a disease when I was about 9, 10, 11 years old where I could not walk for 3 years - Legg-Perthese disease. They don't really understand what causes it. I had to wear a brace on my right leg that was sort of like a prosthetic leg. My entire right leg sat inside this metal brace that had a huge rubber "cup" thing that cradled my hip. It extended down past my leg by about 3 or 4 inches. I grew up in South Carolina with no air conditioning, so in the Summer, I would have HUGE blisters and welps on my upper thigh where the brace rubbed the skin raw. I was always smiling, and always tried to be brave for my family because of my disability. I see the exact same attitude in Zahra's pictures. It just breaks my heart. I think she was brave because she wanted to be brave and strong for her Dad.... where was HE when the witch was hurting Zahra??

My, those poor searchers...I wonder if they start all over again tomorrow? If dad knows, he had better cooperate...:(

Don't know but Haleigh Cummings was moving 40-50 pages a day average in the basement.

Ahh, yes... the basement days. Man, that did fly fast!! I hardly worked those days!! (uh... not that I work too hard now.. ahem. lol)

Levi show is great tonight.
Thanks LEVI..........http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage

LE doesn't believe adam an his tears

blood on wood chips and on the property where dad lived

adam involved everyone thinks

dogs are very reliable

under concrete, in water etc

people go where they are very familiar

children rarely victims by strangers......more by family

Zahra was abused and needed help so bad.

Social service was contacted.....no comment

father probably abusive also

talking about Richard the woodchipper killer

Susan says LE has to solve and build the case for prosecutors against parents.

Must prove case on silver platter!

having EB in jail is allot of pressure and negative attention will upset her big time

FLIGHT risk is written ALL over this case!

fake ransom note. mentions Coufeys and so familiar to Coufeys business, home and land.......that is why LE started there also.

Home school is a brilliant idea for child abusers.

Zahra never went out to play, neighbors never saw her.

notes, bills, taken out of house for ransom note......mentions JBR note

In court beyond a reasonal doubt...LE is smart and doing right.

My, those poor searchers...I wonder if they start all over again tomorrow? If dad knows, he had better cooperate...:(

You know what I heard tonight... and I can't remember where.... that the property that pond was on was 6 acres? 60? ahh... anyway, there were many ponds on it. :(

The passports... it seems odd to me that they were in a vehicle. Why would someone carry passports around in a vehicle unless they expected to need them on the fly, or had recently used them? I don't think anyone in the family had recently been out of the country, so that leaves someone planning on a need to fly - quickly. It seems to point to a crime that happened a while back, and there was idiotic planning that involved a ridiculous ransom note to "throw LE off" the case, with plans to bolt at some point. Guess LE was smarter than they figured. I would be focusing recovery efforts around the last address they lived at.

If the three passports were found in the intact vehicle (not set on fire) I would speculate they were going to travel out of the country. Once away, they would say Zahra was kidnapped. just my speculation and thoughts.

Levi show is great tonight.
Thanks LEVI..........http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage

LE doesn't believe adam an his tears

blood on wood chips and on the property where dad lived

adam involved everyone thinks

dogs are very reliable

under concrete, in water etc

people go where they are very familiar

children rarely victims by strangers......more by family

Zahra was abused and needed help so bad.

Social service was contacted.....no comment

father probably abusive also

talking about Richard the woodchipper killer

Susan says LE has to solve and build the case for prosecutors against parents.

Must prove case on silver platter!

having EB in jail is allot of pressure and negative attention will upset her big time

FLIGHT risk is written ALL over this case!

fake ransom note. mentions Coufeys and so familiar to Coufeys business, home and land.......that is why LE started there also.

Home school is a brilliant idea for child abusers.

Zahra never went out to play, neighbors never saw her.

notes, bills, taken out of house for ransom note......mentions JBR note

In court beyond a reasonal doubt...LE is smart and doing right.

wow, Levi and I are on teh same page on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike