Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

So where we stand...we don't know for sure if LE found anything in their search of the area that Owens told them about, right? They never said that they found anything or didn't find anything? Zebb is still missing? :(
Yes, still missing!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

The Strange Case of Zebb Quinn’s Disappearance
17 years after he disappeared, has his killer been brought to justice?

"On March 17, 2015, Robert Jason Owens was arrested for the murder of celebrity chef and former Food Network Star contestant Cristie Schoen Codd, her husband Joseph Codd, and their unborn child. As part of a plea deal, Owens admitted to killing the Codd family and dismembering their remains. When the police searched Owens’s home, they found “fabric, leather materials, and unknown hard fragments” buried under a layer of concrete, as well as human remains in Owens' wood stove.

The murder of the Codds wasn’t the first time that Owens had been involved in a mysterious disappearance, and it would soon become clear that those unknown fragments and human remains were remnants of an earlier case.

Some 15 years earlier, Owens seems to have been the last person to see Zebb Quinn alive...

While Robert Jason Owens remained the chief suspect, it wasn't until the murder of the Codd family that he was finally charged with a crime. According to Owens, he ran over the Codds while on painkillers and then dismembered and hid their remains in a panic. He never confessed to the murder of Zebb Quinn, but in 2017 a grand jury finally handed down an indictment charging Owens with Quinn's death some 17 years before. Authorities said that the indictment was "the result of years of investigative work and persistence," but whether it was ultimately prompted by new evidence discovered during the investigation into the murder of the Codd family hasn't been revealed by the police."

https://the-line-up.com/zebb-quinn-...day Newsletter 2018-05-16&utm_term=The Lineup

zebb-quinn.jpg

Link: http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/zebb-quinn.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lawyers clash in Zebb Quinn murder case; documents reveal details in mystery

Wasn’t RJO due for court this fall (2019) or was it 2020?
He’s claiming a family member had killed ZQ. I’d like to know what the situation with the car was and the ZQ trial, also the family member RJO is claiming did it died a few yrs ago. So what now for ZQ? My heart goes out to the Quinn family.

Lawyers clash in Zebb Quinn murder case; documents reveal details in mystery

Wasn’t RJO due for court this fall (2019) or was it 2020?
He’s claiming a family member had killed ZQ. I’d like to know what the situation with the car was and the ZQ trial, also the family member RJO is claiming did it died a few yrs ago. So what now for ZQ? My heart goes out to the Quinn family.

It wouldn't surprise me if Owens had an accomplice in covering up the murder, and now he's pinning the entire thing on him because he's dead.

Didn't a trailer burn down on Owens' property after he was arrested?

It wouldn't surprise me if Owens had an accomplice in covering up the murder, and now he's pinning the entire thing on him because he's dead.

Didn't a trailer burn down on Owens' property after he was arrested?

Yep a trailer sure did burn down. I seen robbery as the main motive as well, but it seems like how the car was staged etc it would be more than just a simple robbery. Baffling case that’s for sure. I don’t know when we will ever learn anything new about it

Yep a trailer sure did burn down. I seen robbery as the main motive as well, but it seems like how the car was staged etc it would be more than just a simple robbery. Baffling case that’s for sure. I don’t know when we will ever learn anything new about it

I have not yet been convinced that the way Zebb's car was left had anything to do with his murder. I think it is very likely it was left wherever it was left when Zebb exited it with the keys left inside, and that it was stolen and used and left in the parking lot by others unrelated to the original crime.

I have not yet been convinced that the way Zebb's car was left had anything to do with his murder. I think it is very likely it was left wherever it was left when Zebb exited it with the keys left inside, and that it was stolen and used and left in the parking lot by others unrelated to the original crime.

I can see that. Or RJO getting someone to borrow zebbs car to throw everyone off track maybe? Was the DNA ever tested in his car? Cuz LE had found things that were not zebbs.

Was it ever explained why Zebb received a page from his auntie's phone? Obviously Owens couldn't have broken into the aunt's house and sent it, as he was with Zebb at the time. There was definitely someone else who had a part in events that night.

Was it ever explained why Zebb received a page from his auntie's phone? Obviously Owens couldn't have broken into the aunt's house and sent it, as he was with Zebb at the time. There was definitely someone else who had a part in events that night.

I think it is possible that Missy paged him from his aunt's house, just drawing him into her drama which may have been routine, but that she was actually not involved with the murder. Perhaps this was not the first time, but he would always get really worked up about it, and we only know about this time because it was coincidentally the night of the murder.

Unfortunately we may never know more than we do about this aspect.

I’ve always been so confused about the page coming from ZQ aunts. I’m pretty sure that they were up to something that night because of the way they were all acting and then the aunt claiming someone broke in and moved pictures around. As suspicious as they may seem, they are not suspects. I think whatever janky stuff they were up to was not related to ZQ but like @tarheelslim was saying about the page being part of Misty’s drama.

But why claim a break in?
So darn confusing.

I think it is possible that Missy paged him from his aunt's house, just drawing him into her drama which may have been routine, but that she was actually not involved with the murder. Perhaps this was not the first time, but he would always get really worked up about it, and we only know about this time because it was coincidentally the night of the murder.

Unfortunately we may never know more than we do about this aspect.

But wasn't the auntie allegedly at Misty's mother's place that night, along with Misty and her bf? So, what was Misty doing sending a pager from the aunt's house?

There's also the sighting of a woman matching Misty's description driving Zebb's car before it was parked. I wonder how reliable that sighting was? The tip-off might've come from someone connected to Owens, trying to put Misty in the frame.

I agree that if Owens continues to keep schtum, we'll probably never know the full story. Although if one of them had been involved, I'm surprised Owens hasn't thrown them under the bus by now.

But wasn't the auntie allegedly at Misty's mother's place that night, along with Misty and her bf? So, what was Misty doing sending a pager from the aunt's house?

There's also the sighting of a woman matching Misty's description driving Zebb's car before it was parked. I wonder how reliable that sighting was? The tip-off might've come from someone connected to Owens, trying to put Misty in the frame.

I agree that if Owens continues to keep schtum, we'll probably never know the full story. Although if one of them had been involved, I'm surprised Owens hasn't thrown them under the bus by now.

Yeah they were at Misty’s moms that night. Then a page came from aunties phone number to Zebbs beeper, after asked about it zebbs auntie said that her house was broken into, nothing missing, just photos moved around.
It’s so bizarre, truly odd case.
Although, it’s been said that Owens told his attorneys right away about what happened to Zebb. So who knows what he told them. Then in the letter Owens wrote to his wife he was blaming a family member of his. No mention of Wesley or Misty.

Yes, I think that it is possible that Misty broke into Zebb's aunt's house just to hang out and to page Zebb. I think it is possible that this was normal behavior for her and not related to the murder. I think that Zebb would get worked up about it whenever Misty got him involved in her drama.

Yes, I think that it is possible that Misty broke into Zebb's aunt's house just to hang out and to page Zebb. I think it is possible that this was normal behavior for her and not related to the murder. I think that Zebb would get worked up about it whenever Misty got him involved in her drama.

Why would Misty break into the auntie's house? That's not adding up to me.

The only fact we know is that Zebb received a page from the auntie's house. Some people speculate that Owens deliberately broke into the house and sent the pager ex post facto but this is farfetched imo. Zebb wasn't even close to his auntie, so why would Owens make that connection? Furthermore, Owens never specified that Zebb received a page from the auntie. He just said he received an urgent message, went to make a phonecall, and then sped off. If Owens was trying to implicate someone, it's unusual that he never mentioned her, Misty or anyone else. I've seen one theory that Zebb rear-ending Owens' car actually precipitated the murder. Owens might have been pissed off at Zebb for winging his vehicle, drove after him, got him to pull over, things escalated and foul play?

I still think the Auntie and the others are suss. She never reported her house had been broken into until the police approached her about the page. She couldn't report a robbery because then police might query why she didn't report it sooner, so she just said some "pictures had been moved around". Maybe she was telling the truth *shrug* There's still more to this story, and that's without getting to the puppy, lipstick and the hotel keycard.

Why would Misty break into the auntie's house? That's not adding up to me.

Just a troublesome teen doing her thing? I'm sure a lot of things she did wouldn't make sense to us. I'm wondering if she broke in to the house just to get away from the dinner party she was at and to page Zebb.

I still think the Auntie and the others are suss. She never reported her house had been broken into until the police approached her about the page. She couldn't report a robbery because then police might query why she didn't report it sooner, so she just said some "pictures had been moved around". Maybe she was telling the truth *shrug*

If what I proposed is true (we will probably never know so this is all conjecture), then the aunt would not have noticed that her place was broken in to until she started scanning things more deliberately than normal and then noticed that a few pictures had been moved around (which sounds like something a teen wandering around a house they're not supposed to be in might do).

As far as I know there's never been any evidence that anyone other than Owens was involved in the murder, and considering he later did commit more murders on his own it would make sense that he did this on his own as well.

Just a troublesome teen doing her thing? I'm sure a lot of things she did wouldn't make sense to us. I'm wondering if she broke in to the house just to get away from the dinner party she was at and to page Zebb.

Was it a place she was known to hang out at? She could go anywhere but she decides to break into her mom's friend's house?

Someone sent Zebb a pager from that house on the night he went missing. If the page is a red herring, then why hasn't anyone admitted to it, unless they're worried it could incriminate them in some way?

I think there is a lot of coincidences and red herrings in Zebbs case. Whatever motives Owens had with the Codds I feel are similar to those wit Zebb. We know robbery/theift was a factor in the Codd case but I never heard what the reason for killing them was.

I think there is a lot of coincidences and red herrings in Zebbs case. Whatever motives Owens had with the Codds I feel are similar to those wit Zebb. We know robbery/theift was a factor in the Codd case but I never heard what the reason for killing them was.

I always felt like the car accident may have happened and he just flipped when Zeb hit his car. It's beyond obvious he is responsible for his disappearance. It will be interesting to hear testimony of the lipstick-painted car and the puppy inside the car. So bizarre!

I always felt like the car accident may have happened and he just flipped when Zeb hit his car. It's beyond obvious he is responsible for his disappearance. It will be interesting to hear testimony of the lipstick-painted car and the puppy inside the car. So bizarre!

oh I know right!?
Do you know when his testimony will be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769