Still Missing NC - Zebb Quinn, 18, Asheville, 2 Jan 2000 *Arrest in 2017*

Owens is scheduled to appear in court at the Buncombe County Courthouse on Monday, July 11, more than 22 years following the disappearance of Zebb Quinn. Quinn, a friend of Owens’, was 18 at the time. He was last seen Jan. 2, 2000. Owens is believed to be one of the last people to see him. Surveillance footage captured the two entering a convenience store that night.

Robert Jason Owens, who was indicted in July 2017 with first-degree murder in the death of Zebb Quinn, was initially scheduled to appear in court on Monday in Buncombe County, but District Attorney Todd Williams said due to the victim's family not being able to be in court, the case has been continued. July 25, 2022 is a possible, but unconfirmed date for the next hearing, DA Williams confirmed on Monday.

Owens pleaded guilty on Monday to accessory after the fact to murder. In written statements released by the Buncombe County District Attorney, Owens says he saw a family member shoot and kill Quinn with a .22 rifle.

The family member Owens named is now dead.

Attachments

• 17D9D46D-C23B-4392-BC80-27E6439A0E18.png
    17D9D46D-C23B-4392-BC80-27E6439A0E18.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 7
Owens is a lying sack of *advertiser censored*. He still wouldn't admit to murdering JT and Cristie Codd, claiming it was an accident. Now he's conveniently blaming his dead uncle for murdering Zebb, while he hid the body. He's already banged up for life but he still refuses to take responsibility for these murders.

Owens is a lying sack of *advertiser censored*. He still wouldn't admit to murdering JT and Cristie Codd, claiming it was an accident. Now he's conveniently blaming his dead uncle for murdering Zebb, while he hid the body. He's already banged up for life but he still refuses to take responsibility for these murders.
He has really enjoyed taunting this family. Thankfully they are better and stronger than he will ever be. And that kills him.

Owens pleads guilty to a lesser charge of accessory after the fact. But hopefully his mom and sister will get some measure of closure. This establishes that Zebb was indeed murdered, although nobody buys his b.s. that his dead uncle did it.

Owens is one of those that makes me see red...Infuriating. Worthless sack of crap that won't admit to his horrendous crimes years and years after while their families continue to suffer.

I do have a few questions, though. What's the deal with the pager? Did Owens steal it?

Just thinking, if the courts are accepting Owens's plea, doesn't that mean Misty's boyfriend should be charged with conspiracy to commit murder?
I’ve always thought so.

Good evening! I just found this case and have been reading about it a lot today. With that being said, I’ve also been googling everything, Is Misty’s ex boyfriend on death row? There is someone with the same name, similar crime, same age range. I haven’t been through all of the posts yet, but I was wondering if this was him. Obviously Owens is involved, from his guilty plea, but he is saying his uncle did it for the boyfriend at the time. I suppose if it is him on death row, nothing more could be gained from getting that conviction, but from a family stance, I would want to know. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any early life information on Zebb? The only real info I can find is his mother's name and that he was thoughtful etc. I'd like to know more about any possible siblings for something I'm writing

Did Owens explain the puppy and lipstick in his confession? I could only stand to read so much horse excrement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back