NCAA Sanctions: "DP" for Penn Football, or...?

Should the NCAA give Penn State the "death penalty"?

• Total voters
Penn State students are celebrating sanctions being lifted. WTF

As well they should. We Are...Penn State!

We are... the school that covered up for Sandusky since 2001 (at least).

The sanctions were, in part, intended to be corrective. That seems to have been working.

It is the NCAA's decision to make.

We are... the school that covered up for Sandusky since 2001 (at least).

The sanctions were, in part, intended to be corrective. That seems to have been working.

It is the NCAA's decision to make.

Great point. I'm glad the sanctions were lifted to reward the PSU leadership and the sane alums who advocated changes.

If the Paternos, Lubrano and the lunatic fringe had gotten their way and PSU had fought the sanctions, the NCAA might still be investigating.

As things worked out, the NCAA sanctions are over before the PSU 3 have even gone to trial and while a federal investigation is still being conducted (at least it appears the FBI is still investigating).

The students and atheletes of PSU today should be free to celebrate. This is not their doing. It's time for the school to move forward, IMHO.

The students and atheletes of PSU today should be free to celebrate. This is not their doing. It's time for the school to move forward, IMHO.

Move forward, with the understanding of the past and accepting the responsibility for it.

BTW: I am an alumnus.

Great point. I'm glad the sanctions were lifted to reward the PSU leadership and the sane alums who advocated changes.

If the Paternos, Lubrano and the lunatic fringe had gotten their way and PSU had fought the sanctions, the NCAA might still be investigating.

As things worked out, the NCAA sanctions are over before the PSU 3 have even gone to trial and while a federal investigation is still being conducted (at least it appears the FBI is still investigating).

I doubt if they would be investigating. It looks like the NCAA was planning to use their procedure for termination or suspension of PSU's membership. It would have gone to the NCAA's Convention in January 2013. The effect would have been to end all intercollegiate sports at PSU.

Move forward, with the understanding of the past and accepting the responsibility for it.

BTW: I am an alumnus.

Why do the students need to accept the responsibility for what happened? My son has a full understanding of the situation, but he still takes a great deal of pride in his school and the education he received there. He's given back to the school and even now mentors students (as an alumnus). And every Saturday in the Fall, we watch Penn State football. Now, if I can only get tickets to the Rutgers game. :)

Why do the students need to accept the responsibility for what happened? My son has a full understanding of the situation, but he still takes a great deal of pride in his school and the education he received there. He's given back to the school and even now mentors students (as an alumnus). And every Saturday in the Fall, we watch Penn State football. Now, if I can only get tickets to the Rutgers game. :)

We all do need to accept it.

We may be be back, and that is good, but we need to remember why we needed to come back.

RR0004, you've made me think about this. 99.999% of the people who were punished did not do anything wrong.
What was done and covered up was horrendous. It would have been respectful to the victims, if people did not go out and celebrate. Being happy and excited for the upcoming season is understandable, but celebrating was inappropriate. The fact that students could not comprehend that, bared to me, the true soul of penn state. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back