ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by starpatch
Oh MY..I just enlarged the photo....my stomach gripped when I saw the scatch marks on the rear passenger window....

Oh, boy, would I like to get my hands on that dirty SOB....

Hammer...you caught something I had missed before.....you did good. I betcha your theory is right....Dru was injured and she did what she could to try to alert someone .....

So very sad!

Dang you guys. I enlarged the photo too........have photoshop. I couldn't see what you saw. Scratch marks would really be meaningful Hope to heck LE see's this too,. Would one you guys PLEASE sent his info to LE? Wouldn't take a minute and would really be helpful.

xxxxxxoo
mama

I just think it would be evident to LE who saw this first hand. It would be obvious whether the scraping was on the inside, or outside and there would very likely be fingerprints too.
It also occurred to me that the scrapings could have been made from the outside, by someone looking for the "condition" of the person in the back seat :-(

Originally posted by Love_Mama
Dang you guys. I enlarged the photo too........have photoshop. I couldn't see what you saw. Scratch marks would really be meaningful Hope to heck LE see's this too,. Would one you guys PLEASE sent his info to LE? Wouldn't take a minute and would really be helpful.

xxxxxxoo
mama

I don't see the scratch marks either. At first I thought the sun was melting it. Upon closer inspection, it DOES look like a credit card. But I'm with another poster...wondering why they would only scrape that part of the window. I don't think it's Dru's handprints though. I don't think they would be that vivid through the frost. JMO.

Hi Idaho Mom

If Dru is dead, there is one thing I feel very strongly. Whoever took her from that parking lot and sacrificed her for his own pleasure, there is only one punishment I can see that would be just. It is to see him castrated and let the blood run down his legs until he dies. That is how strong I feel about such an arbitrary crime of passion that snuffs the life of an innocent and helpless person to give the perp satisfaction.

And I don't even believe in the death penalty!

I do apologize if I offended anyone here by my direct feelings on the subject. It is my heart speaking through these words.

:snowflake :Scandi

I think that is probably a mild punishment considering the way I read the posts here.
And I do agree. Sex predators need to be castrated on the outset of thier prison sentences.
Lets see them try to re-offend after that.

I have been wondering about his previous victims and their scenarios. How long did he keep them before letting them go...or did they escape? Does anyone know?

And shouldn't the fingerprint analysis on the sheath be in by now? Does it match Rodriguez?

I have also had horrible thoughts that since he had been caught in the past maybe he wouldn't want to leave a witness alive to testify against him and risk spending the rest of his life in prison. I hope I am wrong. I have been wrong before. I never thought Elizabeth Smart would come home alive! There is hope. But the blood found scares me! Although, DNA (as far as I know) has not been confirmed.

Still praying for Dru!

Scandi-
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Actually, I think we need to start a "leper colony" of sorts for these people. An island in the middle of nowhere!

Originally posted by mindys
Yak, how are you?? I know how deeply you felt this. You were the reason I first heard of Dru. Job well done friend, it isn't over yet. Please keep at it. I appreciate all and I can bet ya the family does too!

I'm good - thanks for your kind words. I've been feeling a little down ever since I read some of the nasty comments people were posting at Dru's website. I just don't understand how some people can be so cruel. What a sick society we live in. I really feel for Dru's family. Nobody should have to go through something like this.

Not much happening in the local news. Contrary to what has been stated on this forum, local law enforcement is not calling off the search for Dru. There will probably not be any more huge searches utilizing hundreds of volunteers, but LE has stated that they will continue to conduct searches with LE personnel until Dru is found. They are not giving up.

I would like to make a comment on the scratches on the window of Rodriguez's car. Even though I haven't seen any of the enhanced photos, I don't want anyone to jump to conclusions about what they think they are seeing. Speaking as someone who grew up in this great frozen state, let me tell you that frost can make some really strange marks and patterns on window glass. That's not to say that the marks couldn't have been made by Dru, but it's just as likely that it is a natural phenomenon. If anybody is willing to e-mail me a copy of the enhanced photo, please send me a PM. I'd be very grateful.

Yakwoman

Originally posted by Yakwoman

I would like to make a comment on the scratches on the window of Rodriguez's car. Even though I haven't seen any of the enhanced photos, I don't want anyone to jump to conclusions about what they think they are seeing. Speaking as someone who grew up in this great frozen state, let me tell you that frost can make some really strange marks and patterns on window glass. That's not to say that the marks couldn't have been made by Dru, but it's just as likely that it is a natural phenomenon. If anybody is willing to e-mail me a copy of the enhanced photo, please send me a PM. I'd be very grateful.
Yakwoman

Yakwoman--
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the marks were definitely made by Dru. I just find the theories about it very interesting. Who's to say it's not possible? Having never lived in a very cold environment, however, I will take your word that it could be a natural phenomenon. Again, I'm sorry if I have been out of line.
Misty

Hi Prism and Idaho MOm!

Thanks, as I thought I might have been a bit too verbal about how I feel.

I feel sad tonight. Them stopping the search is not good news. They must have learned something from this guy the 3 times they questioned him! I think that police chief is just like Sgt Corona in Orange County - a guy that digs at the truth and uses every available resource to find his clues and zone in on the perp.

Now I know they know a lot more then they are telling us - they will release the info that is sealed on Tuesday. Wouldn't you think if this guy had done this he would tell the truth knowing his goose was cooked. Hey, if I was him I'd be singin' like a canary! I guess I'm expecting too much, as after about a week with him in custody I would think we'd know more now.

:snowflake Scandi

Originally posted by scandi

Now I know they know a lot more then they are telling us - they will release the info that is sealed on Tuesday.

Scandi,
Where did you hear this??
Misty

Is anyone starting to wonder if Rodriguez is the wrong guy?
God bless you, Dru.
Misty

Remember the "other" missing college students from MN/ND. Unfortunately one's remains have been found. What about Erika Dalquist, Jashua Guimond and Christopher Jenkins. All college students.

Is it possible that there is a serial killer on the loose after college students?

Originally posted by MissMisty
God bless you, Dru.
Misty

Misty. They said they found Dru's blood in his car.

xxxxoo
mama

God bless you, Dru.
Misty

Not me hon. They got the perp.

Originally posted by camsmom
Remember the "other" missing college students from MN/ND. Unfortunately one's remains have been found. What about Erika Dalquist, Jashua Guimond and Christopher Jenkins. All college students.

Is it possible that there is a serial killer on the loose after college students?

Check out the link on page one of the sex offenders out there that IdahoMom posted. What we have is a problem that needs to CHANGE NOW, about how we handle all these creeps.

Scandi,
Where did you hear this??
Misty

Misty, if you google Dru's full name, its in there.

I wonder what other evidence they have. Ever since I heard about the blood in the car I'm so afraid something terrible has happened. He must've stabbed her as he did his previous victim. (IE blood in the car) I pray for her safe return. I hope today is the day she comes home.

I wanted to comment on a couple of things that I am sure are just coincidental...........The previous woman whom Rodriquez attempted to abduct was an artist. Dru is also an artist. I also saw the woman (Ardi Whalen) on Today and Dru and her have similiar facial features (cheeks, rounder face, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey