Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this lady, whom none of them know well, suddenly offers an 8 month pregnant woman a modeling job?

This is VERY, VERY concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Police hope use of technology will lead them to a missing Fargo woman[/h]
"It's not like Savanna to just leave without a trace and not answer phone calls," said Ashton Matheny, Savanna's Boyfriend.

Her boyfriend of seven years, Ashton Matheny says they were having a texting conversation when she abruptly stopped replying.

"We were replying right after each other you know iMessage. She'd reply, then seconds later, I'd reply. That's how we were texting and then all the sudden it just stopped," said Matheny.
Experts say before a phone dies or is shut off, there are ways to track the last place a cell phone pinged in comparison to a tower.
"The Percall measurement data is usually very accurate, the problem is the band or arc along, which, you don't know along that arc, it can be several miles," said Minor.
http://www.wday.com/news/4316252-police-hope-use-technology-will-lead-them-missing-fargo-woman

Wondering if they searched the neighbors vehicle, as well? It could be easy to lure someone for a ride on the pretense of being generous or kind. Making a crime scene away from the apartment building. Was this neighbor needing a maternity model? If not for the specificity of that reason wouldn't another "model" be a better option? If she was modeling for the neighbors personal clothing maybe the neighbor could be pregnant or is/was pretending to be pregnant?? Hoping my macabre ideas are just that and Savanna and her baby are safe!!!!

http://www.dglobe.com/news/4316286-somethings-wrong-disappearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery

"Savanna was supposed to give her brother a ride to work shortly before 3 p.m. on Saturday. Her mother sent the brother upstairs about 2:30 p.m. to get Savanna, but nobody answered the door when he knocked. Then Savanna's father, Joe Greywind, went upstairs and knocked on the door. The woman who lives there answered, and she told him they weren't finished working on the dress."

:thinking:

Some background, another story with the same updates as above, plus:

Savanna lived in an apartment at 2825 9th St. N. in Fargo with her mother, father and 16-year-old brother. She worked as a certified nursing assistant at Eventide Fargo, a senior citizens residence on 51st Street South. She had moved to Fargo in January 2016 for her job. Other family members moved to the city a few months later.

She and her boyfriend were expecting a child, a daughter, in late September. They had signed a lease on an apartment in north Fargo and planned to move there on September 1. She has no other children.

A member of the Spirit Lake tribe, Savanna was born in Belcourt, N.D. Her father is a Spirit Lake member, while her mother is a member of the Turtle Mountain tribe.

Her family moved to Fargo when she was young, but returned to the Spirit Lake Reservation, near Devils Lake, when she was 9 years old. She graduated from Warwick Public School on the reservation and then attended Lake Region State College in Devils Lake, earning a certificate as a certified nursing assistant. She went to work at a senior citizens home there that was later purchased by Eventide.

She met her boyfriend in middle school in Devils Lake, and they have been together for seven years. Like her, he is a Spirit Lake member. He had been living and working in Minneapolis when she became pregnant, and had moved to Fargo in anticipation of their daughter's birth.

http://www.westfargopioneer.com/new...appearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery

From above link,

What made these police suspicious enough to search the neighbors apartment three times? And was she there to model a dress (at eight months pregnant) or have something of hers altered? Something seems suspicious to me and for once it's not the boyfriend I'm thinking of. IMO of course.

To answer your question as to the "modeling" request:

"[She] left her family's apartment on 10th Street North to help an upstairs neighbor who needed a model while sewing a dress, but she never came home and hasn't been heard from since . . . .
Norberta LaFontaine-Greywind, Savanna's mother, said she ordered a pizza before going upstairs to help the neighbor, but never returned to eat it."

http://www.dglobe.com/news/4316286-somethings-wrong-disappearance-pregnant-fargo-woman-still-mystery

So, if this article is accurate, the neighbor requested her help, not the other way around.

Hoping she's ok but very worrisome. My daughter is 22 (a very young 22).

I wonder what the mother meant when saying something about prior experiences with the upstairs neighbor. (from the dglobe article above)

Yeah. That article is much longer than I anticipated. Look at it again, guys, and make sure you got the whole picture. I thought I'd read to the end, but I hadn't.

I can see why LE felt compelled to search this neighbor's apartment three times. And they should be getting more from her -- especially phone records -- if she is so innocent, she won't mind turning those over to them.

"On Saturday, a woman living in a third-floor apartment knocked on their door and asked Savanna if she would act as a model so she could pin a dress she was sewing. She offered to pay her $20. Savanna agreed . . .. The family didn't know the woman well, and her mother was wary of her because of previous experiences. Her mother sent the brother upstairs about 2:30 p.m. to get Savanna, but nobody answered the door when he knocked. Then Savanna's father, Joe Greywind, went upstairs and knocked on the door. The woman who lives there answered, and she told him they weren't finished working on the dress."

READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE!
ETA: Probably doesn't even have a sewing machine! Beyond fishy. (IMO!)

I'm not sure how to search housing records in the US. Is someone able to check if there's also a male registered as living at this neighbour's address?

My mind is all over the place on this one, as to where she is or what happened to her. I even have thoughts of something similar to the movie "Rosemary's Baby", where in this case she's hidden somewhere waiting for the baby to be born, and Ruth Gordon is the seamstress!!

Ok, I better go back and stick to whatever else we find in MSM for now.

"The family didn't know the woman well, and her mother was wary of her because of previous experiences."

I wonder what the previous experiences were that already had the mother wary of the neighbor....

ETA ~ sorry everyone. My page was not refreshing {though I thought it had} and after I posted this the last few posts finally refreshed and this was already brought up.

I'm not sure how to search housing records in the US. Is someone able to check if there's also a male registered as living at this neighbour's address?

It sounds like this is an apartment complex. Most apartments have a high turnover of renters. It could have dozens of names associated with the address in public records. The public records for occupants is also usually a few years old, in my experience. JMO, sleuthing the apartment's previous occupants won't be much help (to us anyway, hopefully LE has knowledge of who has lived there recently).

My mind is all over the place on this one, as to where she is or what happened to her. I even have thoughts of something similar to the movie "Rosemary's Baby", where in this case she's hidden somewhere waiting for the baby to be born, and Ruth Gordon is the seamstress!!

Ok, I better go back and stick to whatever else we find in MSM for now.
I had a hard time falling asleep last night after reading that last article. It really does sound like something out of a horror movie and I was very creeped out thinking about what could have happened. I want this girl found.

if it were foul play by the upstairs neighbor.. how the heck did they get Savanna out of the building in broad daylight or manage to conceal her from searchers?

I'm wondering how quickly the first search took place. Usually, it doesn't happen that fast. There would have been time to get her out of the building. (IMO)

Wondering if they searched the neighbors vehicle, as well? It could be easy to lure someone for a ride on the pretense of being generous or kind. Making a crime scene away from the apartment building. Was this neighbor needing a maternity model? If not for the specificity of that reason wouldn't another "model" be a better option? If she was modeling for the neighbors personal clothing maybe the neighbor could be pregnant or is/was pretending to be pregnant?? Hoping my macabre ideas are just that and Savanna and her baby are safe!!!!

This crossed my mind as well. "Oh, sorry. Don't have the $20 -- let's ride over to the ATM and I'll give you a little extra for your trouble!" The fact that her phone went silent to me says a LOT! I think she was incapacitated by someone. And the most likely suspect is the person(s) she was with when she went "missing."

This article needs a little work, IMO. Can they at least get the address right?

"The woman, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, left her family's apartment on 10th Street North to help an upstairs neighbor . . ..

Savanna lived in an apartment at 2825 9th St. N. in Fargo with her mother, father and 16-year-old brother. "

[So, which is it? Did she live on 10th St. North, or 9th St. North?
Wonder if the correct address was searched -- if we know what it is?]

"'At this time, there is nothing to suggest criminal activity,' Fargo Deputy Police Chief Joe Anderson said."
[How many times have we heard this? The sad truth of it is that when there is something to suggest "criminal activity," then it's too late!]

This crossed my mind as well. "Oh, sorry. Don't have the $20 -- let's ride over to the ATM and I'll give you a little extra for your trouble!" The fact that her phone went silent to me says a LOT! I think she was incapacitated by someone. And the most likely suspect is the person(s) she was with when she went "missing."

ITA with this! I wonder what time she went to the upstairs apartment? I'm not feeling good about this at all :(

They need to listen to the mother, sister and boyfriend of Savanna. They know her well. There are so MANY red flags here, that I am just sorry to say that I fear the very worst. That neighbor needs to be grilled intensively, and those near and dear to her (the neigbor) as well. She is bad news (IMO). I do not get a warm fuzzy feeling about her at all.

"The family didn't know the woman well, and her mother was wary of her because of previous experiences."

I wonder what the previous experiences were that already
had the mother wary of the neighbor....

ETA ~ sorry everyone. My page was not refreshing {though I thought it had} and after I posted this the last few posts finally refreshed and this was already brought up.

BUMPING THIS! ITA! Listen to Savanna's loved ones. SOMETHING IS OFF HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500