ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still extremely little information. For some reason they refuse to say the address he was last seen at, or the direction of travel.

Either they know nothing or they know something.

The weather in that area is beautiful today. No reason he couldn't walk for help.

The Fargo Police Department and NDSU will host a news conference at 12:30 p.m. today.
A fellow student said Monday he saw a missing North Dakota State University student at about 4 a.m. Saturday
In an interview Monday, the recipient of the tweet, Cody Mead, also an NDSU student, said that Bearson and “Jake” found a ride to Mead’s house in north Fargo after that tweet.
“Jake” refers to Mead’s roommate, Jake Wenzel, who went to high school with Bearson, Mead said. Mead met Bearson for the first time that night.
Mead said after Wenzel and Bearson arrived at his house in North Fargo, they “hung out for a while” before Bearson left between 3:40 and 4 a.m. That was the last time Mead saw Bearson before he heard that he was missing Saturday afternoon
http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsu...w-student-says-he-saw-him-about-4-am-saturday

The article doesn't say if Tom left with Jake or by himself.

Well, that news conference (available at my previous post) really was nothing more than giving out his name. Questions by reporters were mostly met with ..can't answer that or don't know... It sounds like the school campus police are more involved but are cooperating with Fargo LE.

Ok, I think I just answered my own question. If you look at the tweet and go to the profile of the one he was writing to, that person says Tom was at his house after that tweet. Not sure why he tweeted he was lost and going to die if later he went to this other guys house. ??

It was probably meant as a joke; everything looks more sinister with hindsight and it's particularly tricky with the character limitation on messages.

Well, that news conference (available at my previous post) really was nothing more than giving out his name. Questions by reporters were mostly met with ..can't answer that or don't know... It sounds like the school campus police are more involved but are cooperating with Fargo LE.

Exactly. They have been treating this more like a crime from the get go than a missing person. They still don't release the street address where he was last seen.

Does anyone out there know the street address for the house where he was last seen at?

They said the 800 block of 14th St North.

OK well, this is ridiculous.

Here's the general address where Tom was last seen.

800 block of 14th St. N Fargo, ND

Go on Google earth. Look at the location of this and it's location to both the interstate and the Red River to the East.

OK well, this is ridiculous.

Here's the general address where Tom was last seen.

800 block of 14th St. N Fargo, ND

Go on Google earth. Look at the location of this and it's location to both the interstate and the Red River to the East.

I put it into mapquest and it looks to be about a mile south of campus. If he was walking back to his dorm, he would not have crossed the river.

Bearson's family asked university police at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday to check on his welfare,

The police search has included what Vettel described as a "cursory" search of the nearby Red River.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...dsu-sartell-high-school-tom-bearson/16053665/

He went to his friend's house with Jake, his roommate. Friend said Tom left around 4AM. Sounds like Jake did not leave with Tom. Tom never returns to their dorm room. There isn't any information on whether Jake wondered where Tom was after not returning to their dorm room.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...dsu-sartell-high-school-tom-bearson/16053665/

He went to his friend's house with Jake, his roommate. Friend said Tom left around 4AM. Sounds like Jake did not leave with Tom. Tom never returns to their dorm room. There isn't any information on whether Jake wondered where Tom was after not returning to their dorm room.

This article states Jake was Cody Mead's roommate, not Tom's...

<snip> The last tweet from Bearson's Twitter account was sent at 1:23 a.m. Saturday and reads, "dude it's jake come pick us up." It also reads, "We are so lost and we are going to die. Just get somebody."

In an interview Monday, the recipient of the tweet, Cody Mead, also an NDSU student, said Bearson and "Jake" found a ride to Mead's house in north Fargo after that tweet.

"Jake" refers to Mead's roommate, Jake Wenzel, who went to high school with Bearson, Mead said. Mead met Bearson for the first time that night.
Mead said after Wenzel and Bearson arrived at his house in North Fargo, they "hung out for a while" before Bearson left between 3:40 and 4 a.m. That was the last time Mead saw Bearson before he heard that he was missing Saturday afternoon, he said.

I apologize ahead of time if I am violating any copyright laws. I am not to my knowledge.

map comparison.jpg

This article states Jake was Cody Mead's roommate, not Tom's...

<snip> The last tweet from Bearson's Twitter account was sent at 1:23 a.m. Saturday and reads, "dude it's jake come pick us up." It also reads, "We are so lost and we are going to die. Just get somebody."

In an interview Monday, the recipient of the tweet, Cody Mead, also an NDSU student, said Bearson and "Jake" found a ride to Mead's house in north Fargo after that tweet.

"Jake" refers to Mead's roommate, Jake Wenzel, who went to high school with Bearson, Mead said. Mead met Bearson for the first time that night.
Mead said after Wenzel and Bearson arrived at his house in North Fargo, they "hung out for a while" before Bearson left between 3:40 and 4 a.m. That was the last time Mead saw Bearson before he heard that he was missing Saturday afternoon, he said.

Yes, from what I comprehend from all this, Jake W. is Cody M.'s roomate. Jake W. went to high school with Tom. Tom and Jake were together and ended up going to Cody M.'s house, which was also Jake's house. Then Tom walked on at about 3? 4?am.

I put it into mapquest and it looks to be about a mile south of campus. If he was walking back to his dorm, he would not have crossed the river.

Oh exactly. The river never makes any sense in these cases. Didn't make one single bit of sense in Patrick Kycia's case either.

I am REALLY hoping that this kid just was overwhelmed by college and drinking and is just AWOL for a few days...but my gut tells me a different story.

Oh exactly. The river never makes any sense in these cases. Didn't make one single bit of sense in Patrick Kycia's case either.

I am REALLY hoping that this kid just was overwhelmed by college and drinking and is just AWOL for a few days...but my gut tells me a different story.

Search of the river is underway, per Fargo PD twitter page.

Also says the K-9 search didn't yield any leads.

https://twitter.com/FargoPolice

Yes, from what I comprehend from all this, Jake W. is Cody M.'s roomate. Jake W. went to high school with Tom. Tom and Jake were together and ended up going to Cody M.'s house, which was also Jake's house. Then Tom walked on at about 3? 4?am.

I need a class in reading comprehension since I misread the roommate thing completely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname