GUILTY NE - Juliette Geurts, 2, beaten to death, Gering, 11 July 2008

I believe Brandon.
I have thought from the beginning that he didn't have a reason to hurt them.

The boyfriend and the mother have to deal with the children more frequently and more long term.
The friend can just leave anytime he wants if they annoy him.

It also helps that this friend, Brandon has done more to get Justice for Juliette than her own mother (or the mother's boyfriend.)

Unfortunately, the DNA may not mean much... (unless it alone indicates another crime entirely) since if they weren't getting bathed they likely weren't getting their clothes washed either. So the DNA could have been from days/weeks before that. Although there is a limited time that Dustin was in the picture... so that does help. And if the clothes were purchased at a certain time, that would help. There are ways to narrow it down...

Both the Fox42 and the 9News videos (which both worked for me) did nothing but make me cry.
Although the information also makes me angrier nothing was done before Juliette died.

Did any neighbors call CPS
when they noticed the kids were neglected?
Did they happen to mention that two babies lived in the house when they called to complain about the loud, alcohol fueled parties every weekend?
Call me crazy but that would be like the FIRST thing I would say, that would be MY concern.

These people were angry that THEIR peace and quiet was being disrupted.

They gave no thought to what the babies INSIDE that house were going through.

People need to look outside their own bubble, stop being so self centered and start caring about the neglected kid next door.

We would have less children who ended up as something out of "a horror movie," like Juliette.

But hey... as long as the cops make them turn down the loud music... it's all good right?
:banghead:

justice2f.jpg

~On Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 at 9pm (Colorado Time) there will be coverage on the Fox 42 News network: KPTM in Colorado, covering the latest developments in Juliette's case...The link is to their Facebook page mentioning the upcoming airing of the story:

http://www.facebook.com/fox42news

The link has a minute and a half preview video that you can watch right now...

"FOX 42 News (KPTM)
New developments in the murder of a toddler three years ago. Shelley Russell will have more on the investigation Wednesday night on the Fox 42 News at Nine"

~I wanted to share this, Written by anniehamilton805 October 11, 2010 at 2:52 am

http://anniehamilton67.wordpress.co...rts-be-questioned-for-juliette-geurts-murder/

"Recently I heard about Juliette Geurts, a two-year old twin from Gering, Nebraska, who died as a result of blunt force trauma to the head as well as a four-inch laceration to the liver that caused internal bleeding.

At the time of her death, three adults were present in the tiny home, her mother (CHARYSE GEURTS) and both of the Mother’s boyfriends (DUSTIN CHAUNCEY AND BRANDON TOWNSEND)

The investigation into this child’s murder has been weak at best. No one sealed the crime scene until five days following her death, her twin was not taken into protective custody until four days following Juliette’s murder and since her killing, and all three people of interest have fled town and apparently prosecution.

(CHARYSE GEURTS HAS RELOCATED TO SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS AND GIVEN BIRTH TO YET ANOTHER CHILD, A FEMALE WHO STILL LIVES WITH THE MOTHER. BOTH MEN NOW LIVE IN COLORADO)

To add insult to injury it’s widely known that one month prior to Juliette’s killing, DUSTIN CHAUNCEY was involved in another horrible event (he attacked another person with a baseball bat) which resulted in a short stint in prison. Guess who drove the car that delivered Chauncey to the attack?

CHARYSE GEURTS. No charges were filed against her; she was never even questioned although she’s confirmed as being ‘present’ in the police report.

This woman had two men living with her and her twin toddlers in a tiny home, knowing that at least one of them had violent tendencies and a hair-trigger temper. No one has questioned her in Juliette’s murder nor have they bothered to question either man.

How is this possible?

(When Jaelyn was taken into custody, four days after Juliette’s killing, it was noted that she had large bruises on her neck as though someone had grabbed her.

Still no investigation although Jaelyn is in the custody of her paternal grandparents in Wisconsin and her Father, although as a Soldier, he’s in Afghanistan and must deal with this from afar)

Is anyone wondering yet how this can happen? How the authorities could be so incompetent as to allow this to continue on in such a disgusting fashion?

DAVE WARNER, local attorney and aspiring politician (running unchallenged) not only has no answers for the victim’s family, he is refusing to release the police report and related information so they can investigate on their own or have closure.

Countless phone calls, emails and letters have been sent and filed on Juliette’s behalf, to no avail. No one seems very interested in attaining justice for this child.

IT MAY HELP FOR THE PUBLIC TO FLOOD THE OFFICES WITH DEMANDS FOR JUSTICE.

DOUG WARNER CAN BE REACHED AT 308-436-6674 AND HIS EMAIL IS COUNTYATTORNEY@SCOTTSBLUFFCOUNTY.ORG

OTHER CONTACTS TO USE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

mayor@gering.org and 308-436-5096

twasserburger@scottsbluffcounty.org

mgriggs@gering.org

Dave Heineman 402-471-2244 or 308-632-1370

THE PETITION FOR JUSTICE FOR JULIETTE IS HERE:

THE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR ‘JUSTICE FOR JULIETTE’ IS HERE:

Please join me in demanding justice for Juliette. Not only is it unconscionable for her killing to go unpunished it’s immoral for the investigation to continue falling through the cracks of Nebraska’s inadequate system.

Thank you, in advance, for helping raise awareness around this little girl."

In my most recent post I mentioned that the petition can be signed HERE...link doesn't work so here is the direct link to the Petition on Line:

http://www.petitiononline.com/54301/petition.html

As of today, there are 3,333 sigs....Oddly, the 3rd anniversary of Juliette's murder is 3 yrs ago as of 7.11.11

Re: Inmate Dustin Chauncey...I was very disgusted when I saw the pic of him!
Scary looking dude, for sure...I don't think I would like to be a toddler in his path...

Nebraska Inmate Details/ Nebraska Department of Correctional Services

Here is the link:

http://dcs-inmatesearch.ne.gov/Corrections/InmateDisplayServlet?DcsId=69106&showInmateImage=true

DCS ID: 69106 -- DUSTIN CHAUNCEY
Demographics
Inmate Committed Name
Last: CHAUNCEY First: DUSTIN Middle: Suffix:
Inmate Legal Name
Last: First: Middle: Suffix:
Details
Gender: MALE Race: WHITE Date of Birth: 09/10/1986 Current Age: 23
Facility:

Here is the rest of Dustin Chauncey's details:

http://dcs-inmatesearch.ne.gov/Corrections/InmateDisplayServlet?DcsId=69106&showInmateImage=true

Sentence Information
Sentence Dates
Facility:
Total Sentence: 1 Years 0 Months 0 Days To 3 Years 0 Months 0 Days
Sentence Begin Date: 02/03/2009 Good Time Law: 364 Projected Release Date: 03/12/2010

Parole Information
Parole Eligibility Date: 02/27/2009 Parole Hearing Date: Next Parole Board Review Date: 12/2010
Parole Discharge Date: Parole Discharge Type:

Release Information
Release Date: 03/12/2010 Reason for Release: MANDATORY DISCHARGE

Offense Information
Offense Term
Description Run Code Minimum Maximum County of Commitment
ASSAULT 2ND DEGREE CC 1 Yr 0 Mo 0 Da 3 Yr 0 Mo 0 Da SCOTTS BLUFF

The Scottsbluff arrest was over in March of 2010, but it didn't take him long to be arrested again in April of 2011....What a guy!

Here is the Colorado Inmate Info on Dustin Michael Chauncey:

http://www.weldsheriff.com/apps/dailyArrests/index.cfm

For last name search " DUSTIN CHAUNCEY " , there were 2 Bookings into the Weld County Jail.

Reports for Previous Dates:
||Jul 9, 2011 ||Jul 10, 2011 ||Jul 11, 2011 ||Jul 12, 2011 ||Jul 13, 2011 ||Jul 14, 2011 ||Jul 15, 2011 ||
CHAUNCEY, DUSTIN MICHAEL arrested:04/18/11 at 16:53
Arresting Agency: WELD COUNTY SHERIFF CO0620000
Booking Number: 1104354
DOB: 09/10/86
Custody Status
Arrested for: BURGLARY SECOND DEGREE / BURGLARY SECOND DEGR
Bail: $0.00
Arrested for: HOLD FOR ANOTHER AGENCY / WRIT BROOMFIELD
Bail: $0.00
Arrested for: 16.19.103 FOJ OTHER / FTA DUR
Bail: $250.00
CHAUNCEY, DUSTIN MICHAEL arrested:06/09/06
Arresting Agency: WELD COUNTY SHERIFF CO0620000
Booking Number: 0606782
DOB: 09/10/86
Arrested for: 16.2.110 WARRANT FAI /
Bail: $1,000.00
Arrested for: 4902 LOO FTA DRU /
Bail: $120.00

OH. MY. GOD.

Monica Hall "I hope for Juliette's sake you will find justice for her.."
Doug Warner "Now don't give me that 'for Juliette.' Do you know how many dead babies I've worked on? I've worked on dozens of Dead Baby cases."

Just...wow.

This Doug Warner sounds like a real horse's rear end and I bet he's "real fun" to deal with. He should lose his cocky attitude and get down to the business of getting this precious child's killer behind bars. Before this happens again.

I have a question: Did the paternity tests show the baby born after the twins was Casey's too? And if Casey is the father, was he and his family successful in getting custody of her too?

so good to see some movement on this case......my hat is off to you sleuthers

~On Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 at 9pm (Colorado Time) there will be coverage on the Fox 42 News network: KPTM in Colorado, covering the latest developments in Juliette's case...The link is to their Facebook page mentioning the upcoming airing of the story:

http://www.facebook.com/fox42news

The link has a minute and a half preview video that you can watch right now...

"FOX 42 News (KPTM)
New developments in the murder of a toddler three years ago. Shelley Russell will have more on the investigation Wednesday night on the Fox 42 News at Nine"

KPTM news will not broadcast in Mountain Time. They are located in Omaha, Nebraska, which is central time.
The Denver news is 9News KUSA from Denver, Colorado.
Shelley is the one that brought us the first news story on Juliette.

I believe Brandon.
I have thought from the beginning that he didn't have a reason to hurt them.

It also helps that this friend, Brandon has done more to get Justice for Juliette than her own mother (or the mother's boyfriend.)

Both the Fox42 and the 9News videos (which both worked for me) did nothing but make me cry.
Although the information also makes me angrier nothing was done before Juliette died.

Did any neighbors call CPS
when they noticed the kids were neglected?
Did they happen to mention that two babies lived in the house when they called to complain about the loud, alcohol fueled parties every weekend?
Call me crazy but that would be like the FIRST thing I would say, that would be MY concern.

These people were angry that THEIR peace and quiet was being disrupted.

They gave no thought to what the babies INSIDE that house were going through.

People need to look outside their own bubble, stop being so self centered and start caring about the neglected kid next door.

justice2f.jpg

I agree, I believe Brandon. He has proven it by going public about Juliette's murder, that his hands are cleanER than the other two. I am personally doing some work on reports before Juliette's death. I am not too sure what I will come up with, but I question that information as well. Why wasn't something done before that.
I know the location that they lived in was full of Hispanic people who were "afraid to come forward". That is how it has been told to me. Each day I learn more and more on this case, I question, why on earth the residence of the remaining two isn't the iron bar hotel.
It makes me sick. We have all seen people tried on LESS than DNA and they rot in jail now. We have seen people, like Casey, where everything matches up and they walk....ugh. So frustrating. But I do believe there is a reason, a connection, to why no one has been charged. I also believe the PD wanted and truly thought, since the father's family lives out of the state of Nebraska, it would all just go away.
Brandon has a link, he was there. He knows what took place. Even though, sadly, he wasn't awake (which I believe) when Juliette was murdered, I feel the information he can give us will help us solve this case and also help us prove that there was a reason that nothing was done.
I would love to share more information, but I can not, due to the investigation. Let's just say, I am working on the truth and it shall be told.

Charyse...

Why hasn't she come forward with the truth, what is she hiding? Fear of going to prison for drugs? Neglect? Murder/accessory to murder?

Charyse...

Why hasn't she come forward with the truth, what is she hiding? Fear of going to prison for drugs? Neglect? Murder/accessory to murder?

Hum, such great questions! You would think that if she played NO part in it she would have been begging for arrests and justice!! However, it seems she has moved on in her life like nothing ever happened. :sick:

I think the statue of limitation has already passed on all of those but murder and accessory. It seems natural that the person who has the least amount to loose would come forward the soonest, don't you think??

The problem with the "truth" Charyse sells is, most of it changes. So many stories she has told she forgets what they are....hum....I wonder.

I do know that if you do a search for SDS churches in Nebraska, on facebook, you can find a discussion page with prayer requests with her location...It was also publicly announced where she is living the night of the candle lighting....I didn't hear it however I have gotten a few messages and calls about it. When she went off, I tuned out. Pretty silly to share that information publicly and on facebook, isn't it? Brandon was hunted down. Surely, she will be too. Just a matter of time. :twocents:

So, why isn't NG or any others covering this story yet? I really wish they would move on and try to get justice for other children. Any responses from any of the TH's on Juliettes story?

So, why isn't NG or any others covering this story yet? I really wish they would move on and try to get justice for other children. Any responses from any of the TH's on Juliettes story?

We have all wondered the same thing. Why can't we get someone to air this story? It is so similar to Casey's and her web of lies. And we have all seen people tried on way less evidence and they were convicted. Then you see cases like Casey's and we seem to have all the evidence but she walks. It is confusing.

Fox 42 from Omaha has done great at sharing Juliette's story. I don't know if we will ever see anymore from the Denver news. One of the main reasons Fox 42 wanted Denver to hear the story is because they are so large. Fox 42 is a CNN affiliate meaning they can share their story with CNN. So why hasn't CNN picked this up? I know Juliette is one in a million children....but we have all grown pretty close to her and we want it aired.

All I can say is keep trying and trying and trying. And THANK YOU so much for doing so!! <3

The guy seems like a complete liar to me and a selfish personality. He's devastated by what he's been through????? A baby is dead and he's upset because he wasn't allowed to go to the funeral? Sorry but I'm not buying that at all. The child was only two years old, I don't care how nice of a friend of the family you are, people don't bond really well with other people's children at that age, they just think they are "cute."

ETA when I say "people" I really mean people like him. He doesn't strike me as having a paternal bone in his body.

I think they were all drinking got hung over and Juliette woke up crying so he stumbled in and beat her to get her to stop crying. When she did, he went back to bed and woke up and found her dead.

That's what it seems like to me.

I also noticed the guy in the video rarely looked up, which is a sign of lying. He was concerned about what he'd been through. If he didn't do it, then why isn't he pointing a huge finger at someone else and demanding some answers. If I was accused of a murder and I didn't do it, and the other two people in the house knew it, and knew that they had done it and let it go on like that I'd be so mad and want them to be punished.

You can't say in one breath that you loved and cared about these children but had them in a house of neglect with drugs and alcohol. Total lies.

We have all wondered the same thing. Why can't we get someone to air this story? It is so similar to Casey's and her web of lies. And we have all seen people tried on way less evidence and they were convicted. Then you see cases like Casey's and we seem to have all the evidence but she walks. It is confusing.

Fox 42 from Omaha has done great at sharing Juliette's story. I don't know if we will ever see anymore from the Denver news. One of the main reasons Fox 42 wanted Denver to hear the story is because they are so large. Fox 42 is a CNN affiliate meaning they can share their story with CNN. So why hasn't CNN picked this up? I know Juliette is one in a million children....but we have all grown pretty close to her and we want it aired.

All I can say is keep trying and trying and trying. And THANK YOU so much for doing so!! <3

Why do you want media attention for this story? Like Casey Anthony? What do you think will come of that?

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Why do you want media attention for this story? Like Casey Anthony? What do you think will come of that?

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I don't want the type of attention that Casey got. I want the police department exposed for the lies that they told and because none of them knew how to handle a job. We want to know the real reason why this case has not be tried. We want to know how come the home wasn't roped off, drug tests weren't done, twin placed in protective custody....ect. All of those answers need to come from the police department.

And the whole point of finding that out is simple. Perhaps we can prevent another situation like Juliette's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer
Back