NE - Omaha Double Murder #3 - *Arrest Made*

It wasn't "active" disfiguring: he placed the body face down in the cooler after the autopsy, which causes the features to become dramatically distorted, and may make it impossible for the family to view the body. It is a huge No-No in pathology - viewed as lack of respect for the deceased.

It wasn't "active" disfiguring: he placed the body face down in the cooler after the autopsy, which causes the features to become dramatically distorted, and may make it impossible for the family to view the body. It is a huge No-No in pathology - viewed as lack of respect for the deceased.

Thanks dontknow! Whoa, it's no wonder Creighton turned him loose.

Hopefully this link doesn't duplicate a lot of the one made yesterday:

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/gar...cle_b26b5c7b-8fdc-5ca4-aaf5-1bdf0dafd671.html

There is a slide show of some of the evidence, including his notes found in the house. Why on earth was he writing stuff about calling the Omaha Police? If he had no connection with the murders why was that even on his mind? Also we see reference to the infamous Dr Belenky crop up in court. Almost over now..

Hopefully this link doesn't duplicate a lot of the one made yesterday:

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/gar...cle_b26b5c7b-8fdc-5ca4-aaf5-1bdf0dafd671.html

There is a slide show of some of the evidence, including his notes found in the house. Why on earth was he writing stuff about calling the Omaha Police? If he had no connection with the murders why was that even on his mind? Also we see reference to the infamous Dr Belenky crop up in court. Almost over now..

I wondered about him writing about calling Omaha LE. I thought maybe he was going to call in an anonymous "tip" to LE to throw them off the trial.

The jury got the case at 4 PM today and will deliberate until 8 PM. If necessary they will do so tomorrow from 8 to 8 PM. Our local NBC affiliate said they plan to interrupt regular programming if a verdict comes in this evening.

I suspect we may get a verdict tomorrow afternoon. If we get into Thursday I would suspect that to be a signal they may be having difficulty reaching a decision.

I have no followed this case closely but I know enough to be getting antsy waiting for the verdict right now. Defense team just arrived a few minutes ago. Hopefully that means we're close to knowing. I've never actually watched coverage like this before so I have no idea if someone just comes out and tells people or if media goes inside or what.

The media was told they would be allowed in the courtroom to witness the verdict being read, but watching the live stream just now, I heard someone say that the head of courthouse security just informed everyone they had to back up and that only the primary lawyers in the case will be allowed in the courtroom for the verdict.

eta: I am antsy too & trying not to be too impatient. It's been a long time since these murders occurred & it's time for the victims and their families to receive some measure of justice.

Don't see how it could be anything other than guilty on all counts. Not this soon..

Getting close now. They are letting in the families.

The media was told they would be allowed in the courtroom to witness the verdict being read, but watching the live stream just now, I heard someone say that the head of courthouse security just informed everyone they had to back up and that only the primary lawyers in the case will be allowed in the courtroom for the verdict.

eta: I am antsy too & trying not to be too impatient. It's been a long time since these murders occurred & it's time for the victims and their families to receive some measure of justice.

Sorry to quote myself, but this appears to have been misinformation. Not sure where the confusion came from amongst spectators outside the courtroom. My apologies :blushing:

Looks like they let a ton of people in. No cameras though, I don't think.

I did hear that earlier about just primary lawyers so I don't know what that was about. Weird.

My livestream online was actually behind my t.v. so I am just watching there now.

Guilty!

No surprise at the verdict, just at the speed.

Thank God.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back