NE NE - Tyler 'Ty' Thomas, 19, Nebraska City, 3 Dec 2010 *Guilty*

lengthy article from a few days ago

<snip>

The affidavit for Keadle's arrest in connection to the Thomas case revealed details gathered from interviews with him. It states that Keadle initially told investigators he had seen her briefly early on Dec. 3 as he was driving to his dorm after a movie and she was walking on campus. According to the affidavit, Keadle said he had no contact with Thomas, that he went back to his dorm room -- in the same residence hall as Thomas's -- and that he did not see or hear from her after that. Thomas last was seen leaving an off-campus party at about 1:30 a.m.

But Keadle's story changed considerably in followup interviews with federal and state investigators, the affidavit continues. Keadle said that after he saw Thomas, he left his dorm and drove toward the main campus. The affidavit says Keadle admitted to having Thomas in his vehicle and that he drove her outside of town, somewhere in Nemaha County.

much more here

http://journalstar.com/news/local/education/article_220b96ef-a8dd-5e71-85d2-12c750bf020b.html

This rape is said to have occurred in September...it's not the same woman as the Oct. 31st assault for which he's charged. :eek:

Can't help but wonder how many others JK may have raped.

Now, we are hearing from another student who claims Keadle attacked her back in September. It comes on top of three counts of sexual assault against him for a series of attacks on one woman October 31st.

Channel 6 News spoke with the latest victim to come forward who has since moved out of state.

"I was so far gone that I wasn't sure what had just happened. I knew it wasn't consensual,” said Katie. Her last name is being withheld to protect her identity.
Katie said she was left alone with Josh Keadle. She never knew his last name until two days ago -- when she read the news about him online. The same man, she said, who "pulled my arm and pulled me around the corner."

"I tried to hit him, but he blocked it,” she said, “and then he put me in like an arm bar or some wrestling move."

"He pinned me down and he started to rip my clothes off … after he was finished, he jumped up, he pulled up his pants up and he just ran off."

more here

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/Another_Woman_Claims_Keadle_Raped_Her__112063614.html

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13717782

Posted: Dec 20, 2010 10:39 PM EST
Reported By: Liz Dorland, ldorland@action3news.com

Omaha, NE- A family is facing Christmas without their daughter Ty Thomas who has been missing for more than two weeks. Joshua Keadle is the only "Person of Interest" in the Peru State student's case. Monday we hear from his family as they try to understand what he's accused of doing.

Joshua Keadle's family says they're shocked and they hope he's not responsible. In a statement the family says,

'First and foremost we are deeply saddened and concerned for the family of Tyler Thomas. We are also concerned for the possible victims that have and may still come forward. We are just as baffled and confused as anyone about these revelations. We have had little contact with Joshua since march 2008 when is mother passed away unexpectedly. To our knowledge he was in Nebraska attending college. We are still trying to grasp what makes someone resort to these actions. We know Joshua was not raised in an environment to promote this type of behavior. We are concerned for all parties involved, may GOD be with us all!'

Sincerely, Dennis Herlong

<snip>

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Friday for 29-year-old Joshua Keadle. He faces charges of first-degree sexual assault, false imprisonment and terroristic threats in Nemaha County Court. He's accused of raping a Peru State College student on Halloween.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13770022

Search warrants: Tracks of Keadle's SUV tires led to river
http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_90bc1282-f2c6-5afe-a168-4bcd6c93ae70.html

They [the tire tracks on the river bank] were consistent with the tread, wheelbase and width of the tires on Keadle's 1996 Ford Explorer in which, he told investigators, he drove Thomas to the Peru boat dock early Dec. 3, according to one of five search warrants ordered unsealed Wednesday by Nemaha County District Judge Daniel Bryan Jr.

According to the warrants, Keadle told investigators Thomas promised him "sexual acts" in exchange for a ride to Omaha. He said they had sexual contact in the SUV but he changed his mind about giving her a ride and she got angry. He said a physical altercation occurred, and investigators noted a "visible injury" to Keadle's arm. "Keadle stated that it was possible that Thomas also sustained injuries to her wrists," the warrant says.

Unsealed search warrants provide more information about the Thomas case. Investigators are looking at a phone call and text to a woman in Norfolk, NE Dec. 2 and 3. They have the clothing and shoes that he wore the night of Thomas' disappearance. They have seized 26 items from his SUV and some items from his dorm room. Investigators are looking for a gun that Keadle had used to threatened a woman on Halloween. Many more details in the article.

http://m.journalstar.com/mobile/article_6ede3526-e92f-56bc-ab35-2777966e1665.html

By CORY MATTESON / Lincoln Journal Star |
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:41 am

AUBURN -- None of the charges Joshua Keadle faces was detailed at his arraignment Wednesday morning in Nemaha County District Court.

Keadle, 29, is accused of offering a woman a ride home from a party early on Oct. 31, driving her instead to the Missouri River, then threatening to throw her into the river if she didn't have sex with him.

In court Wednesday, he heard only the five felony charges he faces -- three counts of first-degree forcible sexual assault, one count of making terroristic threats and one count of false imprisonment, all stemming from the Halloween encounter with an 18-year-old woman who was visiting a friend at Peru State College.

More at link

PERU - It's still a friendly campus.

Students smile and joke with one another about their plans for the weekend. People say "Hi" as you walk past on the steep sidewalk to the Wheeler Activity Center, or to and from the dorms a few blocks to the south.

But students say Peru State College is a more cautious campus now, more than seven weeks after freshman Tyler Thomas disappeared.
After Thomas was reported missing, Benavidez said, Keadle told her he had nothing to do with her disappearance. "I backed him up," she said. "I fought my friends about it.

"I let that guy into my world," she said. "He told me he was 22. He was 29. Everything he's ever told me was a lie." - World-Herald News Service

more here

http://www.nptelegraph.com/articles/2011/01/26/news/state/60007948.txt

I read in another article that her friends say that her cell phone was found in her dorm room. I wonder which one is true? Maybe she was texting from someone else's phone?

I was wondering the same thing. Is it possible, since she sent a text and made a call before vanishing that she actually made it back to her room that evening? Perhaps she left again- maybe just went outside after getting back to her dorm for what was supposed to be a quick errand/meeting with someone.

When I read that she sent a text that night saying she didn't know where she was, I wondered if she could have been drugged at the party she was at, and perhaps became disoriented?

I'd like to see the surveillance footage- did she have her purse when she was seen on camera walking back towards her dorm? Did she appear lucid?

Ladies, PLEASE stop going from point A to point B alone in the middle of the night!! It is not safe for a million reasons, and foul play only happens to be one of them. We need to teach our kids the importance of the buddy system.

ETA: Oops! Clearly I posted this before finishing the entire thread! So they have this serial-killer-in-training in custody. Whew.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/v...ce5be5218f1a25f/NE--Missing-College-Student/#

Person of interest in disappearance of Peru State student convicted of unrelated misdemeanor
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First Posted: March 11, 2011 - 9:11 am
Last Updated: March 11, 2011 - 9:11 am

AUBURN, Neb. — A man considered a person of interest in the disappearance of a Peru State College freshman and charged with the sexual assaults of another young woman has been convicted of an unrelated misdemeanor.

Are there any new updates? I am a local to Peru, but am not very up to date on my news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back