New Charges for Casey?

Unfortunately, that $60k penalty is going to be chump change to her when it's all said and done. I have no hope she will get jail time. None.

Good grief, she'll have to get a job to pay the IRS. jmo

She isn't facing any charges of tax evasion, only that she has unpaid taxes. She won't be charged for tax evasion. She will be able to pay off that debt easily with only her first media appearance. Heck, they paid Kronk $15,000 for a picture of a dead snake.

I copied this from another thread.

"Alternate juror #14, Russell Huekler, agrees with the jury’s verdict.

“We don’t know how she (Caylee) died,” the alternate juror told Fox News. “It just comes down to probably an accident that the family didn’t know how to cope with…the prosecution failed to show motive.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/05...#ixzz1RGi6C4GZ

If it is found out that the jurors had been talking amongst themselves and that impacted the verdict, what would happen?

Good grief, she'll have to get a job to pay the IRS. jmo

She isn't going to need a job. She is going to make millions from interviews, probably a book and movie, and pictures.

Can the state of Florida sue Casey (due to her lies) for the cost of investigation, searches, etc. for keeping the 'accident' secret so long?

She isn't going to need a job. She is going to make millions from interviews, probably a book and movie, and pictures.

A book yeah.

But I am sceptical about the whole movie thing. Apart from how she would be able to make someone pay for the "right" to make a movie on her story, which I will ask the attorney's thread, what exactly are they going to make a movie on?

Hey, I killed my kid?
I was sexually abused?
I am a pathological liar?
I used my best friend cheque?

What movieworthy story is there? I suppose she could do a movie along the lines of "Sex Abuse Victim Wrongly Accused: Her fight for justice" but I am sceptical.

Would double jeopardy still apply even if it's a different charge? I thought they couldn't be charged with the same charge twice...like 1st degree for example. Thanks!

The state took it to trial with the charges they did- they get no second chance.

But if they could come up with Federal Charges they can get around DJ..

They are saying she will walk out a free woman on Thursday, as far as the false information to LE, it is only 1 year per charge and she already served 3 years.
She had better go into hiding.

A book yeah.

But I am sceptical about the whole movie thing. Apart from how she would be able to make someone pay for the "right" to make a movie on her story, which I will ask the attorney's thread, what exactly are they going to make a movie on?

Hey, I killed my kid?
I was sexually abused?
I am a pathological liar?
I used my best friend cheque?

What movieworthy story is there? I suppose she could do a movie along the lines of "Sex Abuse Victim Wrongly Accused: Her fight for justice" but I am sceptical.

I don't know if a movie will ever come about, but if it does, she will be the victim of the movie. How awful the molestation was. How awful jail was. How awful being villified by the media. etc. Sickening. Just sickening.

They are saying she will walk out a free woman on Thursday, as far as the false information to LE, it is only 1 year per charge and she already served 3 years.
She had better go into hiding.

They also said that all 4 charges will be penalized as 1 year since it all occurred at the same time, so she will almost definitely walk free Thursday. I pray the police can find something else to arrest her on the moment she walks out the door.

The state took it to trial with the charges they did- they get no second chance.

But if they could come up with Federal Charges they can get around DJ..

What kind of federal charges? Like the tax thing? Or something to do with Caylee?

Can the state of Florida sue Casey (due to her lies) for the cost of investigation, searches, etc. for keeping the 'accident' secret so long?

I hope so. And Tim Miller from equisearch, Zaneida Gonzalez, Tony Lazarro, Amy H., and anyone else that has been hurt through this.

Someone could file a wrongful death civil suit against her. But it would have to be brought about by a private party and the likely candidates (George and/or Cindy) would probably never do this. And the penalty, would only be a financial one - no jail.

How long is she going to get for lying to LE?

I can't imagine it's more than a year. Or did HHJP say KC served her time?

I wouldn't be surprised if she walked free thursday. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Someone could file a wrongful death civil suit against her. But it would have to be brought about by a private party and the likely candidates (George and/or Cindy) would probably never do this. And the penalty, would only be a financial one - no jail.

To file a wrongful death civil suit, you must have standing. In Florida, the wrongful death statute does not give the grandparents standing to sue:

Florida Statute section 768.18:

"Survivors" means the decedent's spouse, children, parents, and, when partly or wholly dependent on the decedent for support or services, any blood relatives and adoptive brothers and sisters. It includes the child born out of wedlock of a mother, but not the child born out of wedlock of the father unless the father has recognized a responsibility for the child's support.

It's all over.

what about the check fraud with A.H? I can't remember what she received for that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back