New Charges for Casey?

Someone could file a wrongful death civil suit against her. But it would have to be brought about by a private party and the likely candidates (George and/or Cindy) would probably never do this. And the penalty, would only be a financial one - no jail.

Maybe the woman who claims her son was the father will proceed with DNA testing. She is prob our best bet for a civil trial.

Hopefully Zanny and the IRS gets every penny ICA makes.

I doubt she will serve any time for tax evasion - JB was handling her $$ received for selling pictures and she was in jail. He is the one who will probably face sanctions for that. And she will make $$$$ - talk shows will want her.

Unfortunately, she can dance in the street and yell, "Guess what, suckers, I killed her!" and nobody can do a thing about it.

HOWEVER.....she will be on probation for some time because of the guilty charges she DID get. You can bet your bottom dollar that she will be watched carefully for any probation violations and hauled into court to answer for them. Somebody correct me if I am wrong please.

I know some cops in Winter Park who would love to haul her butt to jail if she slithers into their jurisdiction with a can of beer, or is caught speeding with that stinky car of hers.

Unfortunately, she can dance in the street and yell, "Guess what, suckers, I killed her!" and nobody can do a thing about it.

HOWEVER.....she will be on probation for some time because of the guilty charges she DID get. You can bet your bottom dollar that she will be watched carefully for any probation violations and hauled into court to answer for them. Somebody correct me if I am wrong please.

I know some cops in Winter Park who would love to haul her butt to jail if she slithers into their jurisdiction with a can of beer, or is caught speeding with that stinky car of hers.

It would be nice if she messes up, and a lot of people think she will commit another crime soon. I don't. She is too smart to do that. One of the main motivations behind all of her lies, stealing, and murdering was money and fun. She is going to have plenty of that without lying, stealing, or killing again.

If she gets time served there would be no probation, unless she got it for the check charges.

How long before she is on Celebrity Rehab?????

It seems that ICA may be going home with one of her attorneys, maybe DS after release. Orlando Sentinel

I know all about DJ but can Tim Miller or somebody like that really NOT file a suit?! That seems so wrong, he deserves justice as well.

I thought that we were ALL protected under the law of the land-thats what the jury tried to show us today, right? Fraud is a crime.

I understand about double jeapordy... But someone mentioned a judicial review coming down the road? What if there was jury misconduct or some reversable error??? Does anyone know?

I thought the judge said he'd reserve his ruling on the motion for mistrial until after the verdict..couldn't he rule on that now?

I thought the judge said he'd reserve his ruling on the motion for mistrial until after the verdict..couldn't he rule on that now?

No. He confirmed the verdict and ajudged her not guilty.

Only one bite at the apple for the state. Now she is acquitted there will be no mistrial.

To file a wrongful death civil suit, you must have standing. In Florida, the wrongful death statute does not give the grandparents standing to sue:

Florida Statute section 768.18:

"Survivors" means the decedent's spouse, children, parents, and, when partly or wholly dependent on the decedent for support or services, any blood relatives and adoptive brothers and sisters. It includes the child born out of wedlock of a mother, but not the child born out of wedlock of the father unless the father has recognized a responsibility for the child's support.

It's all over.

If only we could find the real father ...

Florida has strange wrongful death laws. I am not sure who could file against her. And with the evidence out there, Casey could probably file against George and Cindy.

There are also limitations as to who can receive compensation for a wrongful death. A wrongful death suit is brought forth by the deceased person’s personal representative. According to Florida law, “survivors of the decedent” are eligible for compensation. “Survivors" are defined as decedent's spouse, children, parents (both to and of deceased) and any blood relative dependent on the deceased. In cases where there are children born out of wedlock, the deceased father must have been paying child support for the child to qualify. This does not apply if the deceased is the mother.

Someone could file a wrongful death civil suit against her. But it would have to be brought about by a private party and the likely candidates (George and/or Cindy) would probably never do this. And the penalty, would only be a financial one - no jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back