New "Dateline" - 2010.11.12 Kyron Horman case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you so sure that this friend of Terri's will have something good to say? Maybe she/he will be talking about how she was a fallen-down drunk. Maybe all the kids and mothers interviewed will be saying the same. Who knows?

My self, I would find this a blessing. Don't really think this will happen, or they would have said a former friend of Terri's.

I think this can only be a good thing, if only to keep Kyron in the news as after so long his case is starting to disaear from the headlines. I dont think there needs to be any worry that Terri will be portrayed in a positive light, with interviews from Kaine and Desiree they are bound to portray her as the killer. To appear balanced there may be some sympathetic comments about Terri, but wouldnt be surrised if that comes from her lawyers.
If I was innocent and was Terri I would insist on appearing on the show to clear my name. You cannot be condemned by the truth if you are innocent. I have to wonder why she fears talking will harm her.

Do we know if Desiree and/or Kaine was interviewed for this updated show?

Do we know if Desiree and/or Kaine was interviewed for this updated show?
Good Question!!!!
Sometimes the unsavory details about about Terri & what Terri did or wants is top priority. I hope this program shows the devastation that Desiree& Tony , Kaine &his family feel for their lost son & brother while Terri is happily "sexting":furious:

I have a feeling this show will be more about the suspicion on Terri and the sexting angle than about D&K's feelings and grief...

I wish I was not looking forward to it for some bit of news, yet as we get absolutely none, it is hard not to be hopeful.

I would much rather hear from MCSO than Dateline, as that would be more likely due to breaking news of some sort.

Mostly, I hope the show does not add to the pain of the family.

Good Question!!!!
Sometimes the unsavory details about about Terri & what Terri did or wants is top priority. I hope this program shows the devastation that Desiree& Tony , Kaine &his family feel for their lost son & brother while Terri is happily "sexting":furious:

This is true, but it's not coming from Terri, remember Terri has been silent. It's Kaine who's changed the focus of the investigation by unsealing the unsavory details which were first redacted by his own attorney.

I think the new Dateline show will be about Kyron and for the purpose of finding Kyron. I think MCSO might even have suggested it, to still try to "jog" peoples memory, as they have been trying to do since day one!

Does anyone really think that TH or her attorney controls the media? Why would Dateline put out a show based on proving Terri Horman's innocence? What good would that do, everyone already knows she's guilty, right? Dateline is trying to get to the truth and help find Kyron and I'm hoping it leads to that end. JMHO

I have a feeling this show will be more about the suspicion on Terri and the sexting angle than about D&K's feelings and grief...

I wish I was not looking forward to it for some bit of news, yet as we get absolutely none, it is hard not to be hopeful.

I would much rather hear from MCSO than Dateline, as that would be more likely due to breaking news of some sort.

Mostly, I hope the show does not add to the pain of the family.

BBM...Everyone wishes that too! Doubt it will happen...big time for many reasons! I am not expecting much; just maybe one or two - one line statements from that day from witnesses that they promoted if that?

I think this can only be a good thing, if only to keep Kyron in the news as after so long his case is starting to disaear from the headlines. I dont think there needs to be any worry that Terri will be portrayed in a positive light, with interviews from Kaine and Desiree they are bound to portray her as the killer. To appear balanced there may be some sympathetic comments about Terri, but wouldnt be surrised if that comes from her lawyers.
If I was innocent and was Terri I would insist on appearing on the show to clear my name. You cannot be condemned by the truth if you are innocent. I have to wonder why she fears talking will harm her.

She won't go on a show like this because she might incriminate herself. Her attorneys will never go for it.

It would be just like Scott Peterson going on Good Morning America. They used footage from that show against him in court because his reactions were strange and his answers were shady - he couldn't remember what he bought Laci for Christmas for instance, which meant that he never expected her to live till Christmas, then he said he bought her a purse that she already owned. Something like that, but it's little mistakes that can incriminate a suspect.

Besides, if TH didn't speak out in all these months, why would she do it now?

I followed the links to the reporter's Facebook page; she was in Oregon early in October. I concluded that they were writing this follow up story before all the ick with the texts etc.

I'm really wondering if we will learn anything new from this report.

According to Dateline's website, they are covering two cases this Friday the 12th, so it looks like Kyron will only be getting half the show. They generally split it up pretty much 1 hour each.

I followed the links to the reporter's Facebook page; she was in Oregon early in October. I concluded that they were writing this follow up story before all the ick with the texts etc.

I'm really wondering if we will learn anything new from this report.

I've learned from following crime boards that pretty much once it hits MSM shows, we've already gone over it time and again! :D

Hopefully they will say more on what they were talking about in the interview about sighting of Kyron possibly seen with a man near a truck outside the school?There were also witnesses who apparantly saw a male chaperone with Kyron and two girls after Terri left.Terri was not with him.One little boy school student said he saw Kyron in the school hall way and Terri was not with him.Another little boy apparantly saw little Kyron in the Gym.Terri was not with him.The little boy said he saw Terri truck outside?the Gym?I wonder who's white truck he really saw.That's 3 accounts so far of people not seeing Kyron and Terri together.None of these possible leads got much attention.I wonder why.I'm really hoping they will address these on the show tommorrow night.

On the Today Show right now. Reporter Kate Snow, the Dateline reporter. New interviews with Kaine and Desiree and Tony.

A male adult and a blond haired child about 6-8 yrs old being interviewed. I didn't catch the names, and neither looks familiar.

There will be a 'mapping out' of the the timeline of the morning of June 4.

ETA: Here's the video:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/

ETA again: The adult male friend of Terri's is not named. The child's name is given. Not a name we've seen before that I recall (CL).

Desiree says she didn't know about the alcohol and passing out. I transcribed what she said - it's in the All Parent/Stepparent interviews thread in the Reference Forum.

ETA again (lol) with transcription:

Desiree about alcohol transcribed:

Without a doubt I wish I had known it before.

I wouldn't tolerate it, and if I would have known, I would have taken him out of that house in a second.

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/09/5435442-nov12-searching-for-kyron-mean-girls

snip

This Friday at 9pm/8c on Dateline NBC...
The disappearance of 7-year old Kyron Horman made national headlines in early June 2010, and has since left family and friends desperately searching for answers. "Dateline's" Kate Snow continues her reporting on the case and uncovers new details, including reports from eyewitnesses about what they saw the day Kyron went missing, allegations from Kyron's father about his wife Terri, and interviews with Terri's friends who are speaking out in her defense.

snip

There will also be a 'Mean Girls' piece, unrelated to Kyron.

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/09/5435442-nov12-searching-for-kyron-mean-girls

snip

This Friday at 9pm/8c on Dateline NBC...
The disappearance of 7-year old Kyron Horman made national headlines in early June 2010, and has since left family and friends desperately searching for answers. "Dateline's" Kate Snow continues her reporting on the case and uncovers new details, including reports from eyewitnesses about what they saw the day Kyron went missing, allegations from Kyron's father about his wife Terri, and interviews with Terri's friends who are speaking out in her defense.

snip

There will also be a 'Mean Girls' piece, unrelated to Kyron.

BBM: I wonder if any of these 'friends' are females. I'm eager to find out.

I had a feeling that Desiree was not aware of the issues Kaine described in his filing...

In preparation for the timeline mapping they talked about in this morning's video, that's to be on Dateline tonight, I created a "Terri's timeline" thread in the reference forum for ease of finding the related articles.

It's here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119656"]Terri's timeline info - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There's one more post I'm looking for. It's from one of our members, a local I think, who figured out all the drive times, and determined that it was about an hour of time that Terri was driving around with the baby. If anyone knows where that post is, or even who posted it so I can search it down, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Just opening a fresh thread for this story, that is coming up.

Let's wait for showtime. Anyone know what time it airs?

ETA :doh: Thanks DEE for starting the thread. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member