New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they let the parents speak directly to him, so that he can directly hear the pain he allegedly has caused, and have something to think about.

:seeya: Hey, folks, it's fine to use the other thread to discuss "pre-hearing" news about people arriving at the courthouse, etc.

That must have been a media-only area - bet they wouldn't have allowed the public that close. I was thinking of going at 8 a.m. but decided against it.

Now there go my empathetic instincts. He looks so alone - bummed - like his whole world has caved in.

OK, just saw the live shot. I have to say I can't help feeling sorry for him. What a way to throw one's life away.

Then I realize - "wait a minute - if he's guilty, he's thrown other lives away, as well."

Wow.... What evil lurks in the hearts of men....

Im with you in staying home today and leaving the seats open for family and close friends. Most of the time I'm overly empathetic. I find myself wanting to believe guilty people are innocent, etc. and feel sorry for them because our system is so broken, but this guy... Ugh! The bounce in his step just now makes me want to vomit! He's alone because he has used up everyone around him. He seriously turns my stomach. Gross.

Dead silence so far, no more tweets or post from KLFY or KATC....watching both twitter and facebook accounts. will post them in the hearing thread when they come available

For those who couldn't see the live shot, he walked past the reporters, staring straight ahead, ignoring reporters' questions. He tilted his head slightly down as he passed the reporters. He has a rolling gait, probably from the [hand]cuffs. His lips were pressed tightly together and downturned. From the side, his lower lip noticeably protruded. His eyes looked dead - nothing there. He's totally bummed. Hands cuffed in front, with a chain running around his back. No noticeable injury to his right hand; had a pretty good view of most of the fingers; couldn't see much of the left hand. His arms were not very hairy. No visible tattoos on them. He didn't look somewhat handsome, as he did in some of his mugshots; he looked stumpy, dumpy, and coarse. Looked very Cajun from the side.

For those who couldn't see the live shot, he walked past the reporters, staring straight ahead, ignoring reporters' questions. He tilted his head slightly down as he passed the reporters. He has a rolling gait, probably from the cuffs. His lips were pressed tightly together and downturned. From the side, his lower lip noticeably protruded. His eyes looked dead - nothing there. He's totally bummed. Hands cuffed in front, with a chain running around his back. No noticeable injury to his right hand; had a pretty good view of most of the fingers; couldn't see much of the left hand.

Look at the still shot above... Legs do not appear to have anything restraining them. Thought they would have, but it doesn't look that way.

http://www.klfy.com/story/19300820/evidentiary-hearing-for-brandon-scott-lavergne

"That's when a surprise witness for the prosecution is scheduled to testify during an evidentiary hearing. ........

The witness, who is being identified only by his or her initials in court documents, will also be subject to cross examination by attorneys for Lavergne. Prosecutors filed a motion for the hearing earlier this week. "

Does anyone know or recall the initials given in the court document?

Look at the still shot above... Legs do not appear to have anything restraining them. Thought they would have, but it doesn't look that way.

No leg restraints. By "rolling gait from the cuffs," I meant the effect that handcuffs have on one's gait.

On the KTC facebook page, on the early morning courthouse photo, the following comment was made,

"i agree my husband found a paper offshore that had many girls name n a guy n crossroads tx on it SCARY HE WUZ WRITING **** DOWN"

I noticed that comment first thing this morning. I hope she notified LE of this if indeed true. I hope Charlene was there this morning. She has been put through the ringer with all of this and handled it better than any of us probably could have. I honestly hope BLS DOES NOT get the death penalty. Let him rot in jail and maybe more cases can be linked with him. It's all so depressing.

Recently, many people were guessing who and what would be revealed at the evidentiary hearing.

Once revealed, we can go back and review the hundreds of posts made in the earlier threads and discuss the sequence of events, etc.

Immediately prior to this, our focus was on: where the perp. hid Mickey.

Now, the focus shifts.

Adding to my description above, Lavergne had a weak, receding chin and a pronounced pout.
A very telling reaction from the black officer nearest the door, who had his back to Lavergne as he went inside: The officer turned his head around at the last second to catch a glimpse of Lavergne. He turned it back away from Lavergne and his eyes went wide for a second, and a look of combined disgust and horror crossed his face for an instant and he took a big swallow and his Adam's apple went sharply up and down. Very human reaction by the officer - like he got a big shiver.

Last night I kept having problems with my Wifi..I was still looking this morning to find link that stated..2 witnesses to testify early due to one: a drug addict not expected to live until the trial date and second witness: was moving to Brazil..still looking for link.....

Last night I kept having problems with my Wifi..I was still looking this morning to find link that stated..2 witnesses to testify early due to one: a drug addict not expected to live until the trial date and second witness: was moving to Brazil..still looking for link.....

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120815/NEWS01/208150328/Witness-testify-Lavergne-case-Friday

I believe the attorney that mentioned those two things was referring to previous cases that called for pre-trial testimony. He was just giving examples for other times he's seen hearings like this.

I have to run an errand right now only a few blocks from the courthouse. I may swing by just to see whether there is a crowd outside or what.

Here's something I'm wondering:

If he does a plea bargain to get life without parole, how does this figure into his maybe being tied to other cases? Do they keep pressing him with the death penalty on, for example, the Lowitzer case, if he's connected, and maybe others (referencing the CajunNet rumors that items belonging to several women were found in his trailer)?

I wish my camera weren't busted; I'd bring y'all a photo of the courthouse scene. I'll have to stick with a verbal description.

For those that want to know why not regular posting in the hearing thread until after, this is I believe due to allow the tweets and information to get posted in a timely manner, and it not get mixed, and also so it doesn't bog down posting them. If tons are posting, links get lost, what was said gets lost, and slowness in posting can happen. MOO

I feel like I am waiting on a friend to get out of surgery or something!!!
I am not a patient person!

I wish my camera weren't busted; I'd bring y'all a photo of the courthouse scene. I'll have to stick with a verbal description.

get your camera phone and take a picture of the TV...or if you have a laptop that has a camera you can record it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500