New for Me

OK - I am almost done with PMPT - I am still astonished at the infighting by all of the agencies....incredible. Also, I am of the opinion that PR did it...wrote the note, staged the scene and JR realized it sometime later. I believe he was complicit in covering up as time progressed. I could see PR losing her temper or an accident occuring where JBR hit her head, and then the subsequent staging by PR -- her pushing the suitcase under the window that she knew JR broke. Funny she never could remember having it fixed. Wouldn't you remember that??? I also find it very suspicious that PR was in the same clothes as the day before with her make up on. I don't think she ever went to bed. I think she stayed up all night writing the note and staging the scene.

I am at the very end of the book where after 18 months the new regime is finally questioning Burke, JOhn and Patsy. I do believe Burke woke up when he heard all the screaming and called down and Patsy/John said "we are not talking to you". By Burke's own admission he said he was awake and pretended to be sleeping. I still find him suspicious.

OK - off to read and research more. Just my opinion at this point. FWIW

OK - I am almost done with PMPT - I am still astonished at the infighting by all of the agencies....incredible. Also, I am of the opinion that PR did it...wrote the note, staged the scene and JR realized it sometime later. I believe he was complicit in covering up as time progressed. I could see PR losing her temper or an accident occuring where JBR hit her head, and then the subsequent staging by PR -- her pushing the suitcase under the window that she knew JR broke. Funny she never could remember having it fixed. Wouldn't you remember that??? I also find it very suspicious that PR was in the same clothes as the day before with her make up on. I don't think she ever went to bed. I think she stayed up all night writing the note and staging the scene.

I am at the very end of the book where after 18 months the new regime is finally questioning Burke, JOhn and Patsy. I do believe Burke woke up when he heard all the screaming and called down and Patsy/John said "we are not talking to you". By Burke's own admission he said he was awake and pretended to be sleeping. I still find him suspicious.

OK - off to read and research more. Just my opinion at this point. FWIW

Good points. Linda Arendt said that JR was "shaken" when he came back from getting the "mail" I remember wondering if this was the time it that JR finally figured it out... but that would have meant that Patsy tied that fancy ligature around JBR neck. I doubt she would have known how to make that knot.

JR also said he broke the window somtime during the summer and yet it was still broken in winter? I can't imagine having a broken basement window for that long - especially with children in the house. Having a home that wide open to possible intruders, and the elements, is just counter-intuitive. Oh wait... They had a burglar alarm & the dog, unfortunately they admitted to rarely using the alarm and the family dog just happened to be at the neighbours house. Man, that was one very lucky intruder... I wonder if he/she ever bought a lottery ticket

Good points. Linda Arendt said that JR was "shaken" when he came back from getting the "mail" I remember wondering if this was the time it that JR finally figured it out... but that would have meant that Patsy tied that fancy ligature around JBR neck. I doubt she would have known how to make that knot.

JR also said he broke the window somtime during the summer and yet it was still broken in winter? I can't imagine having a broken basement window for that long - especially with children in the house. Having a home that wide open to possible intruders, and the elements, is just counter-intuitive. Oh wait... They had a burglar alarm & the dog, unfortunately they admitted to rarely using the alarm and the family dog just happened to be at the neighbours house. Man, that was one very lucky intruder... I wonder if he/she ever bought a lottery ticket

I can just picture JR with his head in his hands...sitting in the living room while they were "waiting" for the ransom call...his mind whirling. I don't know if he had doubts and suspicions at that moment that PR did something...but I think it occurred to him very quickly. UNLESS of course, PR told him first thing in the am before the 911 call what she had done, and he then proceeded in a panic to stage a kidnapping attempt.

The fact that he would never take a lie detector test...I also believe he told the Reverand his suspicions early on. PR also probably told JR what happened at some point, and they were too far in to turn back.

But I have also thought that as JR sat in the room waiting for the ransom call with his head in his hands....he was thinking to himself "how am I going to get these Keystone Cops to find JBR"?? Oh wait, I'll just go down in the basement and move her closer to the door so she can be found.....

OMG just nevermind...I am going down a rabbit hole I think you can never get out of....this case will drive you insane!:eek:hwow:

Fleet White and John Fernie took Burke to the White home that day. John would not let Officers question Burke before he left...suspicious to me.

I wonder if Fleet White talked to Burke during the ride to his home. Asked him questions and such...

I wish I knew what Fleet White overheard and experienced that morning.

I read one of Johns interrogations and learned that Barbara Fernie did not want Patsy to contact her anymore. According to John, John Fernie told John that Barbara did not wish to be in contact with Patsy.

Toltec -

That was something that jumped out at me from the beginning. I asked my daugher last night that if when she was 6 and her brother was 10, if I had come downstairs and found a note on the bottom of the stairs saying she had been kidnapped, if I would have just run up to her brother's room and opened the door and seen him sleeping and not said a word?????

NO WAY. Of course I would have awakened him, asked him if he had seen you, if he and his sister had gotten out of bed during the night? Had he heard any noises? THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED HIM QUESTIONS...just let him sleep. Yeah, right.

Some STD's can cause noticeable bumps in the palms of hands. Sorry if this is redundant info.

Fleet White and John Fernie took Burke to the White home that day. John would not let Officers question Burke before he left...suspicious to me.

I wonder if Fleet White talked to Burke during the ride to his home. Asked him questions and such...

I wish I knew what Fleet White overheard and experienced that morning.

I read one of Johns interrogations and learned that Barbara Fernie did not want Patsy to contact her anymore. According to John, John Fernie told John that Barbara did not wish to be in contact with Patsy.

Interesting point about the BF, especially in light of the fact that the Rs LIVED with them a while after the murder. BF seemed like she wanted NO part of this whole mess, and she probably also (correctly) feared that if she showed ANY hint at all of pointing a finger at Patsy or her family, she'd be the next "suspect" to be pointed out to the police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back