NEW for Today Sept 4 What's Happening?

I hate to ask a dumb question, but why would someone pay her bail on the lesser charges when she can not be released if the $52,000 is still left unpaid? Are there legal strategies that I am missing?

On the other Bond Paid thread - Someone explained that if KC is bonded out on the the smaller charges that means that any time she spends in jail waiting on trial can not be used as time served.

Please discuss bond/bail in the bond thread so that all that information will be altogether in one place. This here thread may not be saved later because it is just for daily updates and news, but the other will remain. Thanks!

Thread here for discussion of bond info:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70295

The info I posted is on the other thread.

I was just answering the question here also so all of us that are working and need a quick update of today's news can get the answer without having to go to different threads. It is so much easier that way. If they want a more detailed answer then they can go to the other thread.

I hate to ask a dumb question, but why would someone pay her bail on the lesser charges when she can not be released if the $52,000 is still left unpaid? Are there legal strategies that I am missing?

another chance for someone to go on TV at a cheaper rate? LOL sad...but so likely true.

Search with Sheriff and TES continues today:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-anthony-090408,0,6937863.story
Posted by barb0301 on WS thread:
There were over 100 early this morning, with more arriving, along with 25 or more search dogs, airboats and mounted searchers. I got this info from the TES folks on the ground in Florida. They were ecstatic, and feel that the tide has turned, and more will be showing up from here on!

(folks, please rem to do the discussions on relative threads so we can keep this News thread a great place for reading updates! thanks!)

Thank you to everyone who is updating this thread. Some of us at work can only pop in and out and this will help us keep up.:blowkiss:

After reading that bonding explanation, I'm feeling appreciative of the bondsman who paid it.

webcam is back at the house. wonder if there is any new news??

New for today (revised and bumped up):

1. Casey posted bond (3K) at 2 am this morning for the theft related charges but not for the child neglect charges, which will require her to obtain $50,2000 (LP revoked that bond last week). Cite So to those wondering...no she is not getting out of jail unless and until the higher amount is posted. Interestingly, the press is reporting that Casey's attorney Jose Baez was not aware that bond had been posted (for the additional theft related charges). "When he arrived at the Orange County Jail Thursday morning to assist in Casey's initial appearance, he was informed of the situation". Cite . No indication why he didn't think it was a "good move" to post the 3K bond OR why he didn't even know about the posting of it.

2. Baez met with Casey's parents until after midnight Wednesday. See cite above. Nothing on what was said.

3. Cindy and George were going to meet with Casey via video visitation this morning (Thursday morning) but canceled because Casey had a court appearance this morning (now cancelled - see number 3 below); they are postponing their video visit to Friday morning. Cite Lee is scheduled to visit Casey via video visitation on 1 pm on Saturday. Cite Now that the court appearance is canceled, no word yet on re-rescheduling visits.

4. There had been a court appearance scheduled today for Casey and the webcam is already on the courthouse: Webcam here . The purpose of the court hearing was this: the hearing is an arraignment on new charges against Casey. Prosecutors have added additional check fraud and theft charges. Cite . However, press is reporting that the hearing in court is canceled because Casey posted bail on the NEW theft charges already. Cite

5. LP was interviewed last night on Fox News. Interview here In the interview, LP says that Rob Dick (the bounty hunter who is assisting LP) is now going through thousands of emails and Casey’s phone records for clues. LP says Caylee is probably dead and insists it was an “accident” because “all of Caylee’s friends say she’d never hurt the girl.” (This is disappointing because EVERYONE says of a murderer, including Ted Bundy, that he/she would “never” hurt so and so” and that they "seemed like such a nice person".) On Monday, LP made an offer (communicated to Baez – Casey’s attorney) that LP would post the 50.2K bail for Casey to get out of jail if Casey agreed to tell investigators where Caylee’s body is.

6. The search command center is at 6317 TPC Boulevard in Orlando. EquuSearch and the Orange County Sheriff’s Office are using this same location. Cite.

1. Casey posted bond (3K) at 2 am this morning for the theft related charges but not for the child neglect charges, which will require her to obtain $50,2000 (LP revoked that bond last week). Cite So to those wondering...no she is not getting out of jail unless and until the higher amount is posted. Interestingly, the press is reporting that Casey's attorney Jose Baez was not aware that bond had been posted (for the additional theft related charges). "When he arrived at the Orange County Jail Thursday morning to assist in Casey's initial appearance, he was informed of the situation". Cite . No indication why he didn't think it was a "good move" to post the 3K bond OR why he didn't even know about the posting of it.

2. Baez met with Casey's parents until after midnight Wednesday. See cite above. Nothing on what was said.

3. Cindy and George were going to meet with Casey via video visitation this morning (Thursday morning) but canceled because Casey had a court appearance this morning (now cancelled - see number 3 below); they are postponing their video visit to Friday morning. Cite Lee is scheduled to visit Casey via video visitation on 1 pm on Saturday. Cite Now that the court appearance is canceled, no word yet on re-rescheduling visits.

4. There had been a court appearance scheduled today for Casey and the webcam is already on the courthouse: Webcam here . The purpose of the court hearing was this: the hearing is an arraignment on new charges against Casey. Prosecutors have added additional check fraud and theft charges. Cite . However, press is reporting that the hearing in court is canceled because Casey posted bail on the NEW theft charges already. Cite

5. LP was interviewed last night on Fox News. [URL="http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7352643&version=1&locale=EN-US”]Interview here[/URL] In the interview, LP says that Rob Dick (the bounty hunter who is assisting LP) is now going through thousands of emails and Casey’s phone records for clues. LP says Caylee is probably dead and insists it was an “accident” because “all of Caylee’s friends say she’d never hurt the girl.” (This is disappointing because EVERYONE says of a murderer, including Ted Bundy, that he/she would “never” hurt so and so” and that they "seemed like such a nice person".) On Monday, LP made an offer (communicated to Baez – Casey’s attorney) that LP would post the 50.2K bail for Casey to get out of jail if Casey agreed to tell investigators where Caylee’s body is.

6. The search command center is at 6317 TPC Boulevard in Orlando. EquuSearch and the Orange County Sheriff’s Office are using this same location. [URL="http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-anthony-090408,0,6937863.story”] Cite. [/URL]

On the other Bond Paid thread - Someone explained that if KC is bonded out on the the smaller charges that means that any time she spends in jail waiting on trial can not be used as time served.

wow Smart cookies they are

I just want to bring attention again, as in the post above, to the fact that the Search Command Center has CHANGED today!
Just a quick update for those planning to meet this weekend. TES has relocated the command center to coordinate with the Orange County Sheriff's search command center. The new address is: 6317 TPC Blvd., Orlando, FL. It is located on the corner of TCP Blvd. and McCoy Road. The Orlando Sentinel has confirmed this - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6937863.story

Please discuss bond/bail in the bond thread so that all that information will be altogether in one place. This here thread may not be saved later because it is just for daily updates and news, but the other will remain. Thanks!

Thread here for discussion of bond info:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70295

tttterri & NJ Lawyer - thank you so much for this thead!

Just a tip for others - if someone asks a question about something that is in another tread - please just direct them to the other thread. A quick "see my post in thread here" is good.

The shorter and more concise this thread is, the better for those of us at work trying to stay caught up without losing our jobs :innocent:

Thanks Everyone - I am so happy to hear they have more searcher!

Salem

According to someone, Major Ed Dames, apparently known for his ability for remote viewing, was on the Coast to Coast AM radio show with George Noory on Wednesday night and he claims that he knows where Caylee's body is located.

It is an area near Longwood, FL. I've pulled it up on Google Maps. There are some huge "expensive-looking" houses out there. I'm trying to figure out how to get to that location (I'm not in Florida, just trying to see if there are any more pieces to the puzzle). I've also thought about seeing if I can find out who owns property in that area that might have a connection to Casey or some of her friends. Do any of you sleuthers know if that's possible to do? Some states have real estate tax info available online I think?? There is also what looks to be a public building of some sort very close to that area that shows a few parking spaces...was wondering what that was, too. The area is south of Markham Rd and west of Cedar Stone Ct. The building with the parking lot looks to be off of Markham Rd, east of Lake Markham Preserve.

A little clarification on the new attorney visit from yesterdays news,but remember, attorneys do not always tell the truth, lol!:

Nejame said the visit was not to talk about future representation for Casey, but was instead a question and answer period for the Anthony's who seeked advice on how to focus the attention back to finding their missing granddaughter.
"I think thats why the grandparents came to see us because we do have the knowledge and resources to assist them and maybe give them some guidance and help them get through this mess and total lack of privacy and this inability to grieve," Nejame said.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...=12&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

NEW NEWS ADDED< YET another clarification!:
Grandparents LAWYERED UP!
http://www.wftv.com/news/17382107/detail.html
Go here for discussion:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70304&page=2

Search with Sheriff and TES continues today:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-anthony-090408,0,6937863.story
Posted by barb0301 on WS thread:
There were over 100 early this morning, with more arriving, along with 25 or more search dogs, airboats and mounted searchers. I got this info from the TES folks on the ground in Florida. They were ecstatic, and feel that the tide has turned, and more will be showing up from here on!

(folks, please rem to do the discussions on relative threads so we can keep this News thread a great place for reading updates! thanks!)

Thank goodness some good news for once.:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back