New Letter from Prisoner to Judge Released 1-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the letter is non creditable #1 being that Casey is in isolation!

The spelling and grammar is atrocious, almost like who ever wrote it wanted it to look like it came from a hard core criminal.
I feel this is what the defense is going to use in Feb's hearing where they have to present the state with the information they have proving that Casey is innocent. I sure hope the state will take this letter and do a handwriting analysis. I really want to know who wrote it and when will they be sitting next to Casey for writting it.

I'm not a lawyer, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately...

I doubt this letter will ever see a courtroom. If you look in a law school textbook for the definition of "hearsay" I think this letter is next to the definition!!

(OK, I watch a ton of Law & Order this weekend...leave me alone!)

[/B]

I would agree that it is bold and it shows the defense confidence, but not sure it is risky. I think the prisoner is saying start with RK and follow back to the perp. Follow the money so to speak. A lot of people think the daisy chain would lead back to Kc. I'm not sure about that. Moo
Where some see confidence others see total desperation.

Really? LP said RK got a "tip" from his gf who works at the jail? Why in the world would he say that if there was no truth to it? I know what some people think about him but would he flat out lie? For what reason? He's not exactly a friend of KC's or CA's for that matter. What would LP's purpose be for going against Kronk's version of his story? Has this been discussed on another thread? The reason I find it odd is because I don't think LP believes KC is innocent after what he went through after posting her bond. Why would he be the one to throw a wrench into Kronk's story?

I absolutely agree with RR004's comment below - jealousy. Remember, LP saw himself as the hero riding into town, springing the little mother, and convincing her to tell him where Caylee was so he could bring him home. He wanted the applause Kronk got when he was able to do what he, LP, couldn't do.

LP wanted to be back in demand in the saddle at the talk show circuit, having something to say that was new and important.

Okay.... I have a question for you and yer hubby (local folks "howdy!"). So, let's say it's not a prisoner who wrote this letter... could you:
(A) Mail this from a mailbox within the prison system somehow as an outsider

OORRRR

(B) Maybe hand this to a prisoner who will, in turn, mail it for you.

ORRRRR

I have a question too, being I have no knowledge of the prison system.
CAN a prisoner hand a letter to a visitor? then the visitor mailed it from the outside.
That seems very possible to me. But what do I know ?????

I have a question too, being I have no knowledge of the prison system.
CAN a prisoner hand a letter to a visitor? then the visitor mailed it from the outside.
That seems very possible to me. But what do I know ?????

The next logical question would be...who? It couldn't be KC, since her prisoner number would have to be on the letter, right?? What other inmates do they know? What other inmate would risk whatever sanctions the jail might have in store for them to help KC, who is segregated? Besides that, KC hasn't had any visitors except from attorneys, and I'll bet none of the Team wants to risk that.

Are the visits in the jail ALL over the computer and webcam, or is that just for prisoners who are in segregation, like KC? Are other inmate visits "touch" visits, where passing something can even be done?

The loop hasnt been closed on this yet, huh? I mean with the Sunshine Law it seems clear to me that the identity of the tipster is going to be released........

I absolutely agree with RR004's comment below - jealousy. Remember, LP saw himself as the hero riding into town, springing the little mother, and convincing her to tell him where Caylee was so he could bring him home. He wanted the applause Kronk got when he was able to do what he, LP, couldn't do.

LP wanted to be back in demand in the saddle at the talk show circuit, having something to say that was new and important.

If it's true that LP just threw this little tidbit out there, he needs to clarify the conversational "what if" comments he made to the media and tell us what he really knows to be true due to being close to the case during those early days versus his stir um up type statements imo. IMO it would be significant if Kronk had a girlfriend inside the prison at the time this was happening.

In order not to loose my original point in the conversation over whether LP did or didn't begin a rumor, if Kronk did have a girlfriend within the prison and he didn't split any of the money with her that he got for discovering Caylee's remains, she might be mad enough to try to "get him" to pay him back. Just thinking out loud here and not by any means saying that this is what has happened. It dawned on me when reading the letter and, all of a sudden, Kronk is inserted into the story that was already rediculous. It seemed like the intent of the letter was to implicate Kronk as the person who killed Caylee. The writer is vague about the identity of O-town's finest but knows Kronk's name. :crazy:

P.S. Somebody give LP a job on E news or a similar show to keep him out of trouble - it could be called The Cowboy Show or, I know, how bout giving Leno a sidekick. That would be funny. LP should feature his little dog on the show too.

The next logical question would be...who? It couldn't be KC, since her prisoner number would have to be on the letter, right?? What other inmates do they know? What other inmate would risk whatever sanctions the jail might have in store for them to help KC, who is segregated? Besides that, KC hasn't had any visitors except from attorneys, and I'll bet none of the Team wants to risk that.

Are the visits in the jail ALL over the computer and webcam, or is that just for prisoners who are in segregation, like KC? Are other inmate visits "touch" visits, where passing something can even be done?
I know very little about jail/prison.
I once went to visit someone who was busted for pot and got 7 months. While in the visiting room, an inmate asked me if I can call his brother, he was in the visiting area waiting for someone. I asked him why not give that number to whomever is coming to visit? he said he was supposed to be there already and what if he did not come?

I did not want to be conned so I removed myself from the entire situation. After all it is a jail so I did no expect a clean cut person. That is just me....I did give the guy a book, nobody stopped me, I was however searched and frisked before I got to the visiting area.

What if she was talking to someone who does get visitors? what if Casey conned someone to write it,
and give it to one of their visitors to mail from the outside.???? She may have given this person plenty
of feel good for the favor, or allowed them to get some goodies, and cigarettes at the shop.

Had I taken that phone number from that inmate? would I have been stopped when I got outside?
They did not stop me from giving him a book....I am sure there were cameras, and I am sure they saw
I did nothing wrong....

Same thing if someone took a letter from another inmate??? someone that Casey conned - :waitasec:
I'm not knowledgeable about jail.

That and lets not forget the whole LA father theory that LP tossed out there. Which I think was based on LP getting a whiff of the mtDNA evidence and not exactly knowing what he was hearing or seeing.

As far as the letter goes this happens allot with high profile cases. Some inmate will write in that they have details of a case out of a need for attention or other psychological reasons. However like in this letter most of those details are vague or clearly not right compared to what is known about the case. I would just chalk this letter up there along with some of the psychic tips. It's nothing more then a rose colored sardine.

In fairness though, speculation on LP's part should be tolerated (just as many of us are constantly doing here) as long as it's clear that he is speculating. The dna test LA had proved that particular speculation to be untrue. The random information that gets discussed but never is confirmed to be true or not gets confusing.

The loop hasnt been closed on this yet, huh? I mean with the Sunshine Law it seems clear to me that the identity of the tipster is going to be released........

I sure hope so. Inquiring minds really want to know.

I am not sure that KC's prisoner number would specifically be on the letter itself, although I am pretty sure it would be on the return address of the envelope.

I just received my first "letter from jail" from a subcontractor I have used in the past who is currently incarcerated. His inmate # was included on the return address portion of the envelope and the outside back flap was stamped with Liberty County Jail, but letter was like any typical handwritten letter (although in pencil...do they allow pens?)

And nope, all visitors who have spent time with KC since November are NOT all attorneys...so this could be speculative.

But I still don't think KC wrote it...

In fairness though, speculation on LP's part should be tolerated (just as many of us are constantly doing here) as long as it's clear that he is speculating. The dna test LA had proved that particular speculation to be untrue. The random information that gets discussed but never is confirmed to be true or not gets confusing.

I'm not faulting LP for speculating. I've personally speculated plenty during this case myself. I also agree that if it's made clear that he's speculating then it's ok because it's know as speculation and not fact. However with LP he tends to make statements and presents them as facts. Just like posting on here its one thing to present your opinion or speculation on a mater it's another thing entirely to present something as fact, or as truth.

That and when he's making these statements he is being given an ambiance as an insider possessing insider info. Which means that his statements can't be backed up just yet as the "proof" hasn't been made public yet. Sorry for the OT.

As far as the letter. I just don't see any conspiracy here on the part of the defense. AL despite what I may think of her is still a top notch defense attorney, or at least has a reputation as such. I just don't see AL or LKB allowing such a thing to take place. Yes I might have a thought in the back of my mind that JB could do something like that but to me there is just to much risk involved.

Mail from inmates is normally handled through the jail. So I'd say the jail knows who the letter came from. That and a letter from an inmate isn't going to get delivered to a Judge unless it's been inspected as all mail in the jail system is inspected for contraband and other materials coming and going from the jail. I'm sure LE and the SA aren't the least bit concerned about this letter, and I would highly doubt it's a conspiracy to try and show Casey isn't guilty. It's simply an inmate wanting attention, or has psychological problems.
moo

So if this person in prison has psychological problems and the prison is aware they have these problems would they be able to release the name of the person who sent the letter, or do they have to keep it under wraps because it is a medical issue?

I know very little about jail/prison.
I once went to visit someone who was busted for pot and got 7 months. While in the visiting room, an inmate asked me if I can call his brother, he was in the visiting area waiting for someone. I asked him why not give that number to whomever is coming to visit? he said he was supposed to be there already and what if he did not come?

I did not want to be conned so I removed myself from the entire situation. After all it is a jail so I did no expect a clean cut person. That is just me....I did give the guy a book, nobody stopped me, I was however searched and frisked before I got to the visiting area.

What if she was talking to someone who does get visitors? what if Casey conned someone to write it,
and give it to one of their visitors to mail from the outside.???? She may have given this person plenty
of feel good for the favor, or allowed them to get some goodies, and cigarettes at the shop.

Had I taken that phone number from that inmate? would I have been stopped when I got outside?
They did not stop me from giving him a book....I am sure there were cameras, and I am sure they saw
I did nothing wrong....

Same thing if someone took a letter from another inmate??? someone that Casey conned - :waitasec:
I'm not knowledgeable about jail.

It has been my experience that a visitor cannot hand things over to a prisoner or the other way around. No books, no letters, nothing. Your purse, cell phone etc are kept in a locker until your visit is over. You are subject to be searched- if they see fit.. if you refuse you will not be allowed to visit. You can bring change for the machines to get snacks or drinks.

People who are not yet convicted do have more rights then those who have been found guilty, not too much more though. State, federal and county jails & prisons do have their own rules and I hear some jails do allow you to bring books in to the prisoner but I have not experienced a place like that. Everything you bring in is searched- everything. Unless it was through their lawyer I doubt a letter could have been handed off to a prisoner but that's just mo.

So if this person in prison has psychological problems and the prison is aware they have these problems would they be able to release the name of the person who sent the letter, or do they have to keep it under wraps because it is a medical issue?

IMO that's so hard to say because of the sunshine laws. I am amazed at what we have been able to know in this case where normally we would not be able to.
Personally, I can't see them ever releasing the name of the sender, it's irrelevent.. dudes probably looking for a shorter sentence for giving info or something. Claiming they know what happened in a crime is a very common MO of prisoners. So's claiming they are innocent, kwim?

So it was filed just to give defense a "heads up"?

I'm not faulting LP for speculating. I've personally speculated plenty during this case myself. I also agree that if it's made clear that he's speculating then it's ok because it's know as speculation and not fact. However with LP he tends to make statements and presents them as facts. Just like posting on here its one thing to present your opinion or speculation on a mater it's another thing entirely to present something as fact, or as truth.

That and when he's making these statements he is being given an ambiance as an insider possessing insider info. Which means that his statements can't be backed up just yet as the "proof" hasn't been made public yet. Sorry for the OT.

As far as the letter. I just don't see any conspiracy here on the part of the defense. AL despite what I may think of her is still a top notch defense attorney, or at least has a reputation as such. I just don't see AL or LKB allowing such a thing to take place. Yes I might have a thought in the back of my mind that JB could do something like that but to me there is just to much risk involved.

Mail from inmates is normally handled through the jail. So I'd say the jail knows who the letter came from. That and a letter from an inmate isn't going to get delivered to a Judge unless it's been inspected as all mail in the jail system is inspected for contraband and other materials coming and going from the jail. I'm sure LE and the SA aren't the least bit concerned about this letter, and I would highly doubt it's a conspiracy to try and show Casey isn't guilty. It's simply an inmate wanting attention, or has psychological problems.
moo

Yeah well that's why I thought it sounded good if the letter was written by RK's girlfriend as it adds a certain spice to the whole fake story. I'm not one who believes the Kronk story, either the one where he just happened upon Caylee's remains or the one that he is her killer. Of course I don't believe anything or anyone involved with this case. The only thing I believe 100 percent is that there are three people who have not told the truth. It would not surprise me if several more people have altered or withheld information but I'm not 100 percent sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cellarman