New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
One forum I belong to has shut down entirely twice since christmas because they were changing servers or routers, and the explanation the IT team gave was that any posts made during the change could get lost depending on what point of the process they were in. I might also add they also ran tests afterward to make sure posts aligned per date submitted, and so on. Time will tell if that is the case here.

One forum I belong to has shut down entirely twice since christmas because they were changing servers or routers, and the explanation the IT team gave was that any posts made during the change could get lost depending on what point of the process they were in. I might also add they also ran tests afterward to make sure posts aligned per date submitted, and so on. Time will tell if that is the case here.

Forums are entirely different. This is just a website with very little on it.

Looks like the protesters are having drama - the guy that came into town on a bus, the one Mike Brooks named today on HLN, has been kicked to the curb.

Now there are only five people protesting for Lisa :(

Maybe they didn't pay the hosting bill.

That's what I thought too, remembering their phone bills but don't those sites usually redirect to the webhosting company's page and not to a "closed for maintenance" page?

That's what I thought too, remembering their phone bills but don't those sites usually redirect to the webhosting company's page and not to a "closed for maintenance" page?

doubt the family is paying the bill considering they have a "benefactor"...

from what i've seen, if non-payment is the case there is a re-direct to a message that states something to the effect of "website suspended for non-payment"...

pretty sad that an "official" site for a missing child is down for this long...

something not really relevant but interesting: if you click the "software guide" @ lower left corner of the "site down for maintenance" screen? it's all in german :waitasec:

Think it depends on the host. The redirect for the hosting company could be the 'closed for maintenance' page. I've seen other sites that go down redirect to a 'website no longer available' page or simply a 404 error.

norest--

this article says the site IS run by deb... if that's the case, one would think it would be absolutely *AMAZING*... considering all her free time... a "stay at home mom" with no kids at home during the day and all...

Irwin has returned to his job as an electrician. Lisa’s half-brothers are back in school. And Bradley remains a stay-at-home mom who makes sure the household operates as smoothly as possible.

To occupy her time, Picerno said, Bradley has created a website aimed at finding Lisa or gathering clues to her disappearance.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/02/3534772/no-new-clues-six-months-after.html#storylink=misearch

(i wonder how many more of our suggestions/criticisms will be implemented when the site comes back live... )

norest--

this article says the site IS run by deb... if that's the case, one would think it would be absolutely *AMAZING*... considering all her free time... a "stay at home mom" with no kids at home during the day and all...

Irwin has returned to his job as an electrician. Lisa’s half-brothers are back in school. And Bradley remains a stay-at-home mom who makes sure the household operates as smoothly as possible.

To occupy her time, Picerno said, Bradley has created a website aimed at finding Lisa or gathering clues to her disappearance.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/02/3534772/no-new-clues-six-months-after.html#storylink=misearch

(i wonder how many more of our suggestions/criticisms will be implemented when the site comes back live... )

If DB is running the site, perhaps she took it offline knowing the anniversary date would bring attention and perhaps innundation of the site. Purely speculation. *shrugs*

The site is back up...I just looked at it. I don't see a change in anything so not sure why it was down, but this explains a lot of things to me, knowing that DB is the one doing it. So much for "DB wouldn't be able to do a website" nonsense.

the "comments and tips" tab was removed... and changed to just "comments"... and the typing errors i saw weeks ago are still there :(

Thanks for the update on the site. Appreciate it.

I always thought it was probably Ashley Irwin trying to do the website thing. If it truly is Debbie Bradley then she needs to get someone else to fix it to where it draws more attention to Lisa, implement some of the things you all have mentioned here and keep it updated much better. Once again it just feels like she's not here for Lisa, but herself, IMO.

MOO

I always thought it was probably Ashley Irwin trying to do the website thing. If it truly is Debbie Bradley then she needs to get someone else to fix it to where it draws more attention to Lisa, implement some of the things you all have mentioned here and keep it updated much better. Once again it just feels like she's not here for Lisa, but herself, IMO.

MOO

The site is there for PR for Deb. It's not about finding Lisa because she already knows where Lisa is. But, she has nothing to lose by making it look like she is doing something. She knows that where Lisa is, no one knows but her and JI and she also knows that there were no witnesses. I'm sure that her lawyers told her to do it.

If DB is running the site, perhaps she took it offline knowing the anniversary date would bring attention and perhaps innundation of the site. Purely speculation. *shrugs*

I hope this isn't the case. The point, one would hope, would be to have the site draw attention.

I noticed a couple changes.
The photo's & video's section is removed. the tips & comments changed to just comments.

Also I noticed that she edited or removed the rude comment about members of Werbsleuths. Good for her.

I noticed a couple changes.
The photo's & video's section is removed. the tips & comments changed to just comments.

Also I noticed that she edited or removed the rude comment about members of Werbsleuths. Good for her.

I think she removed the comment-b/c I replied to it!

Think it depends on the host. The redirect for the hosting company could be the 'closed for maintenance' page. I've seen other sites that go down redirect to a 'website no longer available' page or simply a 404 error.

Maybe the owner sold it to Deb and it was being transferred to another host? That makes sense.

norest--

Thanks for the link to the article.

One thing that really stood out to me.

Lisa’s case still is classified as a missing or abducted child. Young said at this point there is no evidence that Lisa has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels