GUILTY New Zealand - Blesilda 'Blessie' Gotingco, 56, Auckland, 24 May 2014

I love the amount of attention this has gotten from LE and locally - it's like all of New Zealand is looking for her. I really hope she's ok, but it's not sounding good. Prayers for Blessie and her family.

"Leaving with some urgency" does not sound good. Maybe someone followed her home from work. It might be someone she knows.

Possible of course, but I'm relatively familiar with that bus system - the buses run at certain times and I'd say it's more likely she's running for the bus. I think the bus stop she'd have been going to was a stop around 5 min from her office, and either the 7:21 or 7:41 would've gotten her to the stop near her house just after 8pm.

The area she worked in, at that time of night, would still have been busy, and, being the central city, is what I would call very safe, especially at that time. It's not impossible but I'd find it less likely that someone would've followed her onto the bus there, than it being someone already in the area of her bus stop, or someone who got on the bus with her later.

W/r/t the area she was walking home - NZ is very safe, in general. There are very, very few areas where I would say a single woman shouldn't walk alone at night, and if I lived where she did, I wouldn't have a problem with doing that walk. That said, it is not the best area. There is a meth problem in NZ, and that area is, while very safe by the standards of many modern cities, and home to many regular families, probably one of the more 'methy' areas in greater auckland - with some of the associated criminality. Again - nothing horrible, and violence outside the criminal community is super rare, but it definitely raised a warning sign with me, seeing where she was and that they are trying to trace her possessions. I suspect they are thinking a mugging that went too far.

Cemetery does not sound good.

I'm afraid this is not going to turn out well. :( jmo

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11262255

Missing Auckland mum: Object thought to be body found

Police searching for missing Auckland woman Blesilda Gotingco say they have found an object they believe is a body.

Police cordoned off a cemetery on Eskdale Rd at Birkdale last night and this morning said they found the object in bush at the cemetery.

A scene examination was underway but would be late afternoon before police were able to confirm any more details.

How very, very sad. It sounds as though all we are waiting for is the confirmation. :(

Locals seem to believe Blessie was taken from the street, and they are now quite scared of walking alone in what they thought was a pretty safe area.

"You just don't expect this in little old Birkenhead. It's a tight community everyone sort of knows everyone, my daughter knows Blessie's daughter."

Flaws said she regularly caught the Birkenhead bus, which Gotingco had taken home from Central Auckland Saturday night. She said the random nature of the disappearance was particularly frightening.

"It's quite scary that she was taken off the street. I'll be very vigilant about walking home late at night or letting my daughters walk around at night."

"Sadly I don't feel safe around here anymore."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10086661/Cemetery-search-resumes-in-hunt-for-Blesilda-Gotingco

How very, very sad. It sounds as though all we are waiting for is the confirmation. :(

Locals seem to believe Blessie was taken from the street, and they are now quite scared of walking alone in what they thought was a pretty safe area.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10086661/Cemetery-search-resumes-in-hunt-for-Blesilda-Gotingco

From the above link: (There's also a video showing the location.)

10088385_600x400.jpg

SEAN WILLIS/Fairfax NZ
Police have erected a tent at the cemetery as part of the search for Auckland woman Blesilda "Blessie" Gotingco.

10087933_600x400.jpg

JOSH FAGAN/Fairfax Media
A cordon blocks the entrance of a cemetery in Eskdale Rd on Auckland's North Shore as police hunt for clues in the disappearance of Blesilda "Blessie" Gotingco.

10088020_600x400.jpg

SEAN WILLIS/Fairfax NZ
A police vehicle at the scene in the cemetery.

10087934_600x400.jpg

JOSH FAGAN/Fairfax Media
A cordon blocks the entrance of a cemetery in Eskdale Rd on Auckland's North Shore as police hunt for clues in the disappearance of Blesilda "Blessie" Gotingco.

google search: "Attempted Abduction Auckland"

Search Results/ Page 1
Attempted abduction of Auckland schoolgirl - National - NZ ...
www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c...
The New Zealand Herald
Feb 20, 2012 - A 15-year-old Auckland girl was grabbed by two men who attempted to abduct her this morning as she walked to school. - New Zealand ...
Man arrested over attempted abduction - New Zealand Herald
www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c...
The New Zealand Herald
Jan 5, 2014 - A man has been arrested and charged over an alleged sex attack on a 6-year-old girl in a west Auckland park on New Year's Day.
Police investigate third abduction attempt in Auckland - TVNZ
tvnz.co.nz/.../police-investigate-third-abduction-...
Television New Zealand
Oct 19, 2012 - Police are investigating a third attempt to lure children into a vehicle by a man on Auckland's North Shore.On Wednesday afternoon, a ...
Abduction attempt area's second | Stuff.co.nz
www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/.../Abduction-attempt-areas-second
Stuff.co.nz
Jul 19, 2013 - Parents are worried that a man who attempted to kidnap a 16-year-old girl in ... Abduction attempt area's second ... Auckland Homepage ...
Auckland schoolgirl escapes attempted abduction - Story ...
www.3news.co.nz/Auckland...attempted-abduction/.../Default.asp...
3 News
Feb 20, 2012 - Police are asking the public for information after the attempted abduction of a young woman in Manukau this morning.
Two attempted child abductions in Auckland | Radio New ...
www.radionz.co.nz/.../two-attempted-child-abduction...
Radio New Zealand
Feb 20, 2009 - Police are investigating attempted abductions of school children in Auckland on Thursday.
Manhunt after abduction attempt in Auckland's Botanic ...
www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland/.../720571168-manhunt-af...
Newstalk ZB
Mar 12, 2014 - The hunt is on for a man in relation to an abduction attempt in Auckland's Botanic Gardens this morning. A 44-year-old woman was on her ...
Abduction attempt thwarted in Ashburton - Auckland stuff.co.nz
www.bizbilak.com/.../abduction-attempt-thwarted-in-ashburton-auckland...
May 6, 2014 - Abduction attempt thwarted in AshburtonAuckland stuff.co.nzAn eight-year-old girl has managed to escape the grip of a man who tried to drag ...
Gulf Harbour, Hibiscus Coast Alert and Three Child ...
e2nz.org/2013/01/09/gulf-harbour-hibiscus-coast-alert/
Jan 9, 2013 - Police investigate third abduction attempt in Auckland (TVNZ) 19 October ... the subject of an attempted kidnapping on Auckland's North Shore.
School girl escapes abduction attempt - Yahoo New Zealand
nz.news.yahoo.com/.../school-girl-escapes-abduction-attem...
Yahoo! News
May 7, 2014 - Police are seeking a man who attempted to drag an eight-year-old girl into his car in central ... One killed, one injured in Auckland shooting.

<eta: see March 12>

SCCZEN_270514NZHCGSEARCH02_380x254.jpg

Updated 12 min ago
Missing mum: Body found
Police searching for missing Auckland woman Blesilda Gotingco say they have found an 'object believed to be a body'.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/

Possibly o/t, I've come across this case while researching / I wonder what the status is, proximity to Auckland, etc. :)lookingitup:):
https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/23792189/missing-womans-vehicle-found/#
"Missing woman's vehicle found
Alex Mason, Newstalk ZB
May 24, 2014, 12:10 pm
tweet
Print
Queenstown police are growing concerned for the safety of a missing woman.

Forty two-year-old Renee Lisa Barrett's vehicle has been found in the Kelvin Heights area, after she went missing this week.

She's described as slim with long dark hair.

Anyone with information on Ms Barrett's whereabouts is urged to contact Southern Police."

Possibly o/t, I've come across this case while researching / I wonder what the status is, proximity to Auckland, etc. :)lookingitup:):
https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/23792189/missing-womans-vehicle-found/#
"Missing woman's vehicle found
Alex Mason, Newstalk ZB
May 24, 2014, 12:10 pm
tweet
Print
Queenstown police are growing concerned for the safety of a missing woman.

Forty two-year-old Renee Lisa Barrett's vehicle has been found in the Kelvin Heights area, after she went missing this week.

She's described as slim with long dark hair.

Anyone with information on Ms Barrett's whereabouts is urged to contact Southern Police."

This is a long way away, margarita ... Queenstown is on the south island of NZ, Auckland is on the north island of NZ.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...0ef868479a600!2m2!1d168.6626435!2d-45.0311622

This is a long way away, margarita ... Queenstown is on the south island of NZ, Auckland is on the north island of NZ.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...0ef868479a600!2m2!1d168.6626435!2d-45.0311622

Thanks South Aussie! I have never been to New Zealand (or Australia); it sure is beautiful. Hope to get over that way someday. :) So green...

What about this? (distance, etc) Very likely O/T & unrelated, but I'm posting it in case due to the timeline: (3 suspects in custody)

Property linked to aggravated robbery recovered
http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/property-linked-aggravated-robbery-recovered

"Police particularly want information about the movements of a silver Mazda Familia Sports 20 (similar vehicle pictured) that was stolen in Auckland on Thursday, 22 May and dumped at Ti Street between 3.30pm and 4pm on Sunday, 25 May. It is believed to have been frequenting the Te Ngae area during this time. The movements of a red Mazda MPV between 2pm on Sunday, 25 May and 4pm yesterday afternoon are also being sought.

The community is also asked to keep an eye out for a discarded shop till. The till was taken during the St Andrews Superette robbery on Sunday afternoon and is yet to be located."

From my above post, #51:

"Mar 12, 2014 - The hunt is on for a man in relation to an abduction attempt in Auckland's Botanic Gardens this morning. A 44-year-old woman was on her ...
Abduction attempt thwarted in Ashburton - Auckland stuff.co.nz"

How far is the Botanic Gardens / Ashburton? TIA

Here's a larger photo of the same posted above for reference:
SCCZEN_270514NZHCGSEARCH02_620x310.jpg

Police guard the cemetery on Eskdale Road in the search for Blessie Gotingco. Photo / Chris Gorman

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11262255&ref=NZH_GP

"The family of Blessie Gotingco are currently with police as the investigation into her disappearance and likely death continues.

It is expected that Operation Lynsey will be upgraded to a homicide investigation later today after a body was found in the Birkenhead Cemetery, not far from where Mrs Gotingco's home."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back