News station found video of THE DUCT TAPE on posters at the Anthony home!

Having the same kind of tape does not mean it is the same roll of tape. I am lost here. I thought one of these reports said that the tape was not a match. Having the same kind of tape with no finger prints doesn't seem like much. The fact that the same kind of tape was found in the home doesn't exactly connect any dots, does it? How many other homes in Florida have the same type of tape. Maybe I watch too much court tv. I am used to long boring discussions about matching tape to a roll purchased at the same time and from the same store. Right down to the manufactor lot number.Same goes for garbage bags etc.
As I understand it.so far,it's been explained why the tape fibers might not appear to be a microscopic match.The condition the tape was in showed much degration of the fiber mataerial.Some of it,such as cotton would be disintegrated altogether,as much of KC's shirt was.We have seen that much of what has been released are just the initial reports.Perhaps with more doc dumps we will get answers to why the adhesive was identical,but the fibers were not.Kathi Belich said that their are more reports that say it is a match.

I am not sure that this henkel duct tape is as rare as everyone is saying. How many people were putting up those posters? Was there anyone from Casey's ring of friends helping with putting up posters? Is there an actual picture of George with that henkel duct tape in the same picture?

I have read several docs about the duct tape and have yet to see how many were actualy sold in Florida and or if rolls were sold to a central distributor near Florida. Where does florida get its duct tape? Who is the Central distributor. In Wisconsin, most industrial strength things are sold through Grainger of Illinois. Our School district buys most products from Central Distributors. They dont go to Walmart or Lowe's. Does Henkel do all of its own distribution and sales, or do they sell to a middle man?

bbm~

Ok, well how rare has your investigation found it not to be? Just asking since you seem to be adamant that it is not, so I'm wondering what you have discovered? TIA!

I am not sure that this henkel duct tape is as rare as everyone is saying. How many people were putting up those posters? Was there anyone from Casey's ring of friends helping with putting up posters? Is there an actual picture of George with that henkel duct tape in the same picture?

I have read several docs about the duct tape and have yet to see how many were actualy sold in Florida and or if rolls were sold to a central distributor near Florida. Where does florida get its duct tape? Who is the Central distributor. In Wisconsin, most industrial strength things are sold through Grainger of Illinois. Our School district buys most products from Central Distributors. They dont go to Walmart or Lowe's. Does Henkel do all of its own distribution and sales, or do they sell to a middle man?

I feel certain the people putting up the posters will be questioned by LE as to where they got it.I'm also certain the A's will be asked,but it's doubtful they will cooperate.If the Anthony's the Milsteads [or any of the other A supporters]gave that tape out ,LE will find out.

I looked at the pictures of that tape and it looked to me like there was plenty of area to get a good sample to compare. I dont think they can say its degraded so therefore the fibers don't match. I expect the Glue and the Poly to be the same. The different grades come from the cloth.

I feel certain the people putting up the posters will be questioned by LE as to where they got it.I'm also certain the A's will be asked,but it's doubtful they will cooperate.If the Anthony's the Milsteads [or any of the other A supporters]gave that tape out ,LE will find out.

Well, that's a good point MissJames! We have seen the video (above) of George using duct tape to put up posters (it has been reported that it was the same kind of tape, but IDK) But with Cindy being the controling person that she is said to be, I'm sure that she organized the friends helping with posters, therefore prolly giving them the tape to use. (if in fact they used duct tape) IF it is a match, they will have already told LE where the tape came from. We also have to remember, although it's so easy to get focused on one thing, the mountain of evidence (circumstantial or not) that LE has. KC's goose is cooked...

I looked at the pictures of that tape and it looked to me like there was plenty of area to get a good sample to compare. I dont think they can say its degraded so therefore the fibers don't match. I expect the Glue and the Poly to be the same. The different grades come from the cloth.

I thought it looked highly degraded.The polyester would remain,while the cotton would degrade.The same way most of Caylee's shirt disintigrated,but the letters and collar remained intact.
But by the time the trial rolls around we will have all the answers about the duct tape and the jury will decide.

bbm~

Ok, well how rare has your investigation found it not to be? Just asking since you seem to be adamant that it is not, so I'm wondering what you have discovered? TIA!

I think I am reading the same threads and same docs as everyone else. Just because LE says its rare, does not mean its rare. I need to see docs. Some folks take LE at thier word. I do not. In my opinion the Police may be mistaken and the duct tape is not that rare.

I am sure nobody believes that George is the only person in Florida to have Henkel duct tape.

If LE went so far as to test pizza in a trunk do we really think they would have passed up the opportunity to put a piece of Henkel duct tape out there under the same conditions to see to what degree it will change. Not that they would have to because if the treads found on the tape at the crime site match those found on the gas can, well, not so easily explained away.

I thought it looked highly degraded.The polyester would remain,while the cotton would degrade.The same way most of Caylee's shirt disintigrated,but the letters and collar remained intact.
But by the time the trial rolls around we will have all the answers about the duct tape and the jury will decide.
ETA this is my opinion ,only.

And I thought the cotton (or whatever fabric) was protected by the poly. Are you saying the cotton and the poly and the glue were all seperate?

Well, that's a good point MissJames! We have seen the video (above) of George using duct tape to put up posters (it has been reported that it was the same kind of tape, but IDK) But with Cindy being the controling person that she is said to be, I'm sure that she organized the friends helping with posters, therefore prolly giving them the tape to use. (if in fact they used duct tape) IF it is a match, they will have already told LE where the tape came from. We also have to remember, although it's so easy to get focused on one thing, the mountain of evidence (circumstantial or not) that LE has. KC's goose is cooked...
That's true,they don't need the tape to match,but it's a nice piece of evidence if it's there.
I'm guessing there are a lot of people who volunteered and helped put up posters,etc,who now feel used and abused by the A's .Not everyone can be willing to cover for them .A few might be willing to lie ,but I'm guessing most are fed up about now.

And I thought the cotton (or whatever fabric) was protected by the poly. Are you saying the cotton and the poly and the glue were all seperate?

I'm not an expert,but what I see is that BOTH sides of the tape were eventually exposed to the elements after Caylee's tissue disintegrated and left only bones.So I don't think there was any protection at that point.As I said,we only saw a brief and ,no doubt,preliminary report.Time will tell.
To clarify,I believe the webbing within the adhesive [backing] contained a mix of cotton and polyester fiber.That's the polyester I'm referring to as remaining.Not the outer shell of the tape.

I think I am reading the same threads and same docs as everyone else. Just because LE says its rare, does not mean its rare. I need to see docs. Some folks take LE at thier word. I do not. In my opinion the Police may be mistaken and the duct tape is not that rare.

I am sure nobody believes that George is the only person in Florida to have Henkel duct tape.[/QUOTE]

I don't think LE is the one who said it is rare. I believe it was everyone else, media and including WSer's here. LE just gathers the evidence, the state calls the shots which means you feel many, many government officials would be supporting a lie. You don't have to trust LE, it is the state. So what you are saying is you do not trust the media, the FL State Attorney's office, the FBI, etc, etc, etc. But you trust in something that KC refuses to reveal. With all the technology we have today I do feel we are out of the dark ages. KC's lack of truth says it ALL.

I am sure that George is the only person in Florida with Henkel duct tape whose granddaughter was found with the same type tape covering her facial area and with a daughter who failed to report the same child missing.

In my opinion, the 3 pieces of tape over Caylee's face area were bound together when they found the remains. How they were bound, I dont know. Perhaps end to end or lapped over each other. In any event, if they were bound together that means there had to be glue present. Also means they manipulated the tape before they took pictures for us. If there was glue present, they should be able to get a comparative sample.

I am sure nobody believes that George is the only person in Florida to have Henkel duct tape.[/QUOTE]

I don't think LE is the one who said it is rare. I believe it was everyone else, media and including WSer's here. LE just gathers the evidence, the state calls the shots which means you feel many, many government officials would be supporting a lie. You don't have to trust LE, it is the state. So what you are saying is you do not trust the media, the FL State Attorney's office, the FBI, etc, etc, etc. But you trust in something that KC refuses to reveal. With all the technology we have today I do feel we are out of the dark ages. KC's lack of truth says it ALL.

I am sure that George is the only person in Florida with Henkel duct tape whose granddaughter was found with the same type tape covering her facial area and with a daughter who failed to report the same child missing.

Your right, I think it was the media that said LE says it rare. haha And your also right that I dont trust the state is always right. But your wrong about Casey. I dont trust her either. So when I look at the evidence, I look at everything with grain of salt. Is there a thread that goes through each and everyone of Casey's lies? I mean are we sure she was lying about everything?

FYI. If anyone feels that the Henkel tape was not rare and missed the following posting please read on page 10 of this thread #234, I believe. A post from Lin regarding the Henkel tape. Very interesting.

I am sure nobody believes that George is the only person in Florida to have Henkel duct tape.

A very telling comment in your statement above speaks volumes to me. You say that you do not take Law Enforcement at their word. Well, criminal investigations are all based on that word, then, during an investigation evidence is gathered to support their word. They take the stand and their word along with the supporting evidence tells the story of the crime. Neither can stand alone, which I think is the standard that you are holding this invesitgation to. The physical evidence alone is not going to convict Casey, it is going to be the joining of witness testimony (to include LE) and physical evidence.

If you look in the links for document dumps, I believe that the information from the company that manufacturers the tape is in the dump before this last one.

It clearly states that this tape was no longer made after 2007 and none was sold in the state of Florida in 2007. I believe that you will find that it was sold in Florida in 2005/2006 and only about 135,000 rolls were sold, I believe, to Lowes. I also think that this was for the entire state but I could be wrong about that (going from memory here). Even if it was only for the Orlando area, that would still be a small percentage of the total population that would have been able to purchase this tape.

If you check the orignal Duct Tape thread, I believe that there is more information on exactly when and how it was sold.

Someone reported there finding a roll of it (they were from Orlando) in their garage but reported that it was purchased from Home Depot. Only problem with that is that Home Depot did not sell it.

If I have gotten any of the above information incorrect, someone will correct me.

"Greater Orlando has a population of 2,032,496[1] according to the U.S. Census Bureau 2007 population estimates. The size of the city of Orlando is very unusual for a metropolitan area of its size since most of the inhabitants of the area live in the suburbs and surrounding areas in Orange and Seminole counties, whereas the total population of the city proper is only 220,186 people (2006 estimate)."

According to [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Orlando[/ame]

And I think that the population of Florida as a whole is over 18 million.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back