News station found video of THE DUCT TAPE on posters at the Anthony home!

Where is the document that says theres no cotton in the duct tape?

I am also not that smart. I am very simple. But before I come to a thread on this forum and start asking questions I always try to make sure I have read the entire thread and at least tried to glance at the links provided. This order of sleuthing helps move everything along in a constructive manner. If there is something I don't or can't understand or if I think I have a better theory I try really hard to present my questions and ideas in a nonconfrontational style. Everyone's ideas and thoughts are respected here.

I am certain that this thread and/or its many links contain the fiber makeup of the duct tape.

If the rubber adhesive decomposed then why were the pieces of duct tape stuck together? There must be some cotton in there somewhere.

Well, going with that does cotton suddenly stick together? Maybe that is where all my lost socks are!

notthatsmart INDEED someone's life is at stake but it seems that it is the accused murderer that is your concern and NOT Caylee. Didn't Caylee's short lived years here on earth mean anything? In her short time here, she touched the hearts of millions of people, truly heartbreaking though that it was AFTER her death.

I don't understand the ongoing argument over the duct tape? The fibers in the duct tape that was found on Caylee had severely deteriorated due to the weather conditions. Why is it not believable that the A's had this 200 degree duct tape? Why question the Henkel corporation? I'm just confused why the duct tape is of such concern?

When did we become a people that gave more credence to the accused than to the victim?

I give more credence to the victim because I am seeking the whole truth, not cooked numbers...

You must question the Henkel corporation to get to the truth...

I am not sure the fibers in the duct tape deteriorated at all. The Henkel documents claim it is waterproof. Makes no sense. The pics of the duct tape that I looked at had been manipulated by authorities.

The duct tape is very important. It shows homicide. It could make or break this case...

I give more credence to the victim because I am seeking the whole truth, not cooked numbers...

I am not sure the fibers in the duct tape deteriorated at all. The Henkel documents claim it is waterproof. Makes no sense. The pics of the duct tape that I looked at had been manipulated by authorities.
The duct tape is very important. It shows homicide. It could make or break this case...

BBM

REALLY? Where is the link, I haven't heard that. So is this a conspiracy in your opinion?

BBM

REALLY? Where is the link, I haven't heard that. So is this a conspiracy in your opinion?

I just found it obvious that the tape in the pics has been manipulated because they were seperate. The docs say two of them were stuck together at one point. Are you saying the pics of the duct tape were before testing and manipulation? There is no conspiracy here. Why would you think such a thing?

notthatsmart with all due respect, honestly, we are ALL seeking the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but THE TRUTH, so help us God!

I'm not sure if you read my earlier post (I'm sure it is several pages back) but we own a trout pond and duct tape is NOT waterproof, no matter the brand. The duct tape DOES deteriorate in the elements and the fibers DO deteriorate as well. I have seen it with my own eyes! Actually my husband has seen it more than my eyes!

I just found it obvious that the tape in the pics has been manipulated because they were seperate. The docs say two of them were stuck together at one point. Are you saying the pics of the duct tape were before testing and manipulation? There is no conspiracy here. Why would you think such a thing?

Big fat correction, it was a question..note the question mark please. I was unsure of what you were referring to with "manipulated". Yes I'm aware they were taken apart for further examination. Also, the duct tape has a waterproof film backing per Henkel.

[/B]

It is not my argument to prove. It is the SA's argument to prove and they are not doing a very good job of it in my opinion. This is only one of Henkels distributors documents and it is a profit statement.

You are the only one making the claim that the Henkel documentation is being misrepresented and the only one asking what the 9000 means. You are the only one asking for more documentation. We are not Henkel people. If you want more you have to go to them.

notthatsmart with all due respect, honestly, we are ALL seeking the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but THE TRUTH, so help us God!

I'm not sure if you read my earlier post (I'm sure it is several pages back) but we own a trout pond and duct tape is NOT waterproof, no matter the brand. The duct tape DOES deteriorate in the elements and the fibers DO deteriorate as well. I have seen it with my own eyes! Actually my husband has seen it more than my eyes!

This duct tape claims to have waterproofing. I believe it would deteriorate, but not where it is overlapped.

You are the only one making the claim that the Henkel documentation is being misrepresented and the only one asking what the 9000 means. You are the only one asking for more documentation. We are not Henkel people. If you want more you have to go to them.

I think my point is is that this duct tape is not rare. Some people claim it is rare based on documents from only one of Henkels distributors. I have heard enough to know that no one here has proven this is rare duct tape. It is the only example I have of what the SA will come up with. I think they need much more than this. LE may just be mistaken. This could be very popular duct tape.

This duct tape claims to have waterproofing. I believe it would deteriorate, but not where it is overlapped.

Maybe you can do an experiment. Overlap 3 pieces of Henkel tape and set them in the swamp for 6 months and see what has deteriorated. I just did a search on ebay and found some Henkel 200 MPH duck tape for sale. Don't think it's the same as what George bought several years ago, but probably close enough. Lots of sleuthers here have done experiments, such as pizza in the trunk. It would be one way of answering your questions.

Regarding the waterproof nature of Henkel duct tape. Waterproof does not mean impervious to the elements and able to last to infinity.....waterproofing means that additional production measures have been taken in order for the product to resist water. Additionally, as tape is exposed to water, adhesive will loosen thus allowing water to seep under layers of tape.

I think my point is is that this duct tape is not rare. Some people claim it is rare based on documents from only one of Henkels distributors. I have heard enough to know that no one here has proven this is rare duct tape. It is the only example I have of what the SA will come up with. I think they need much more than this. LE may just be mistaken. This could be very popular duct tape.

And, then, why do you think it could be very popular? Can you please provide me with some documentation that supports your notion?

Yes, but the defense are officers of the courts as well. The same court system supports the defense as well as the offense. The SA does not own the courts, the people do..

Okaaay....so what's your point?

bbm
Maybe we should have a poll, how many people here have ever owned this tape? Or even seen it before?

bbm
Maybe we should have a poll, how many people here have ever owned this tape? Or even seen it before?

I have never seen this before. I've owned enough duct tape in my day, mine has never had a logo on it before.

My husband and father both have used duct tape for many things in the last few years... never have I ever seen the Henkel logo on the tape.

Agreed. We've even owned several different colors of duct tape and had never even HEARD of this stuff until we heard that it was wrapped around this sweet child's face covering her mouth and nose. Yuck.

The duct tape is as rare as the sordid circumstances IMHO. I'd like to water-board Casey for Christmas, ya'all. No gift wrapping required.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back