NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are too many missing/off things for these to be the Yeapps?

It seems like they were most probably killed in 1978 while these victims were killed around 82-85, and at least 2 of the girls were related to the adult woman in this case so she would have had to have another child later on.
Also I think all the victims had blonde or pretty light brown hair not brown like these two.

I do wonder what happened to Mr Yeapp though? He disappeared when he was being reinvestigated for the murder of Grace & Gracie Yeapp in 1996. Hopefully they will catch him eventually.

Also, I did find an article on this case in the Union Leader Archives- it requires payment so I don't think I'm allowed to post it at all?

It was from 2000 though, right after the 3rd and 4th victims were found. It did say that since 1985 they've checked school records, dental records, etc so obviously they have ruled at least some people out? I've seen some stuff on other cases where LE gave a list of who had been ruled out already- anyone have any idea on how to figure that out?

I haven't been able to find anything more recent though, I will try searching again later and see if they have done any updates since DNA testing was started or anything.

Wow...I was looking for something completely different on Doe Network and found this case. I was about to start a thread in Cold Cases, but decided to do a search first to see if anyone else had posted. Strange that so many of us come upon the same case at the same time!
Just from what I've read on Doe, we have an adult female 23-32 and three female children, ages 5-10 (the girl found with the adult), one girl age 1 to 3, and no mention of the age of the third. Estimation of dates of death range from 1981 to 1984. Two of the children appear to be related to the adult by DNA testing, with results pending on the third (possibly a friend of one of the girls if not related?)
Four female victims....This seems to be one of those cases just screaming to be solved.

I think that this case may have just been added to Doe Network, etc. They list their source as the Unidentified Decedents Reporting System, and that site just added them the first week in July. It is kind of funny though that we're all finding it- the two threads posted (mine and Assafs) we posted within like 10 mins of each other:)

On UDRS the last girl is listed as being between 4-8 years old and 3'8" tall, thats basically all the info on her.
It really does seem like this case should have been solved by now.

My guess is its some sort of family-involved case, so they haven't been reported missing. You'd think after all this time someone would have reported them though? Its not often that you see what appears to be basically an entire family who can't be identified.

edit- two more things
I don't think that its says which 2 of the 3 girls have been proven to be related and which girl hasn't? I defnitely could have missed it though so if you caught it let me know:)
Also, the 3rd girl (4-8 yr old) had a 'noticeable overbite'.

The Doe Network entry doesn't state which girls have been matched, though as a guess I would say it is the girl who does not yet have a profile listed (again, just a guess).
I'm reminded of the Summers sisters, Brandi and Tiffani, kidnapped from California in March of 1977. Their mother was found in the residence, murdered. Brandi was around five, Tiffani around 2. Both had blonde or reddish-blonde hair. A third sister, less than a year old, was left behind in the residence. I believe both have a Doe Network entry.

I would agree this appears to be a family-dispute case. As for the length of time missing, take for an example the case of Freda Denman. She and her two young children disappeared from Independence, MO in November of 1974 but their disappearance wasn't reported until March of 1975 (by their landlord).

An abusive husband, wife estranged from family and friends---It's an oft-repeated story, unfortunately.

Could we get this case posted in the Cold Cases section? I can start a thread there, if no one else minds.

Could we get this case posted in the Cold Cases section? I can start a thread there, if no one else minds.

I think that could be a good idea, if you think it would get more attention there? Not sure which forum is the better one since it is kind of an old case.

Right now though there are 2 threads already just in the Unidentified forum on the case that maybe need to be merged or something first so we don't confuse everyone with a zillion threads on it:)

We had a case of super coincidence when I posted this-- another poster (Assaf1981) had just posted a thread while I was typing mine up on the same case, so there are 2 right now:) Assafs is a few posts down from this one- 'unidentified girl found in allenstown new hampshire'.

I found some articles on the first two females who were found..Not much more information than on the Doe Network pages. The reports stated that there was evidence that the first two found, the adult and the girl age 8-10, were related (there were no details on the nature of the evidence). The report stated they could be mother-daughter or sisters. One report stated the two had been found in a barrel-though I'm assuming this was a case of poor fact-checking.
The two are interred in the St Jean the Baptist Cemetery in Allenstown, with a marker detailing their unknown status.
As an interesting aside, serial killer Chris Wilder was killed in a struggle with police in northern New Hampshire in April of 1984, following his nationwide rape and murder spree.

Thanks for the extra info Shadowangel. I think you're right on the poor fact checking- it seems like they were found wrapped in plastic strips, not in a barrel.

I was just thinking about this case earlier. I wonder if the NH police have considered getting that teeth and bone testing done on the girls? I'm not sure what its called exactly but I heard about it in another case of an unidentified chidl in my area. Basically they test the bones for different levels/types of oxygen isotopes, from those results they can tell where exactly the person lived. Also with baby teeth I think they can sometimes tell where the mother was when she was pregnant. I guess different areas of North America have different stuff in the air and that gets deposited in your body and they can pinpoint the area you/your mother lived on a map.

Does it seem like that could be helpful in this case? I don't think its something that is done at standard labs unfortunately, it looks like in my local case they sent samples to a university professor in Canada who specializes in this area. But since there don't appear to be any people reported missing who could be this family, maybe some way of pinpointing where they came from could help get them identified?
Anyway, that was just sort of a random thought. If anyone else thinks its a good idea maybe we could email the LE or something with a little info just to see if they wanted to check that testing out and see if its an option for them?

ETA- forgot to add the link- its a story about the testing done on the boy from my area.
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=85576

I'm aware of the methods you've mentioned. Hydrogen and oxygen isotopes found in hair can help indicate where a person is from. In an anthropological article I read, it was indicated that a person's origins could be determined by comparing the H and O isotopes in hair with similar isotope distribution in the water of different locations. Likewise, both strontium and lead isotopes found in teeth can assist in narrowing a person's origin.
I think this would be an excellent tool to use in this case. It boggles my already-boggled mind that four people, all possibly related, can go missing and nothing can be discovered about them. This testing could help in narrowing the search...To either another country, or to a Native American reservation (as it is suggested in various articles about this case that the females are of Native descent).

Here goes.....

This really sickens me! I am quite IRATE while reading this!

To start.....where to start????? The clearinghouse for NH is NOT up to date, nor will it ever be up to date, no disrespect to anyone. I fought for OVER 4 years to have Lorne. So, nothing will be found when it comes to anyone being listed.... As I was told, it is done by an individual in "spare time".... ahemmmm, need I go on?

I would like to know, if anyone has found ANY articles about these findings ANYWHERE??? I have been looking and do NOT even remember hearing about this.

Lorne is buried in the same cemetery as the one stated, so when I go to pick up my son in Chichester and visit Lorne, I will pay my respects to them as well.

Please if you find any articles, let me know. I know people that lived in Bear Brook Villa back in the 80's and will be asking them if they remember hearing about this as well.....

I am very much in awwwwwww and confused. My heart is so torn for them...:cry:

As mentioned in another post, there were some articles from the area about this case....That's where I got the info about the cemetery and the one article which (we're assuming incorrectly) stated the first two bodies were found in a barrel.
The articles really don't say much beside what's been posted..LE checked missing persons reports and sent bulletins, but came up with nothing. One article did state the bodies were found near a trailer park, there may be a connection there.

Well, heck, we're gonna have to search through the cases from all over there as Allentowns, NH, is close to so many other states: Maine, Vermont, Mass, Conn, Delaware, New York, Rhode Island....Canada. It's smack dab in the middle of New Hampy. How can a family of four just vanished and nobody realizes or reports it?

Well, heck, we're gonna have to search through the cases from all over there as Allentowns, NH, is close to so many other states: Maine, Vermont, Mass, Conn, Delaware, New York, Rhode Island....Canada. It's smack dab in the middle of New Hampy. How can a family of four just vanished and nobody realizes or reports it?

I don't know...But I've been digging in archives for weeks, and haven't even come close. My only thoughts are that they are from out of the country, or if they are Native American then their disappearance was never reported to the outside world.

My only other idea is that they were estranged from family (maybe due to an abusive husband) and everyone assumes they know where they are...Or how they are..Or, just don't care.

There are quite a few cases of assumed parental abductions. Could this be the situation here?

Just a little "eerie" fact of that area...... none of it has anythin in common....

In the 1800, a girl names Josie Langmaid was murdered on her was to High School ~ Pembroke Academy. They found her body in one area and her head in another.
Her head stone is about an 1/2 a mile from the entrance of Bear brook.

The entrance of Bear Brook is about a 1/4 of a mile to the entrance of River Road, which happens to be the road that Lorne is buried on, St. Jean the Baptiste.

NOW, to of the UID's are buried at St Jean the Baptiste, however there are 2 of them..... an older on and a newer on. Lorne is in the newer one. The older one is just around the corner from a trailer park he use to live in as a boy....

Seems just very eerie to me..... nothing connects, just wild circimstances!

Thanks for the extra info Shadowangel. I think you're right on the poor fact checking- it seems like they were found wrapped in plastic strips, not in a barrel.

I was just thinking about this case earlier. I wonder if the NH police have considered getting that teeth and bone testing done on the girls? I'm not sure what its called exactly but I heard about it in another case of an unidentified chidl in my area. Basically they test the bones for different levels/types of oxygen isotopes, from those results they can tell where exactly the person lived. Also with baby teeth I think they can sometimes tell where the mother was when she was pregnant. I guess different areas of North America have different stuff in the air and that gets deposited in your body and they can pinpoint the area you/your mother lived on a map.

Does it seem like that could be helpful in this case? I don't think its something that is done at standard labs unfortunately, it looks like in my local case they sent samples to a university professor in Canada who specializes in this area. But since there don't appear to be any people reported missing who could be this family, maybe some way of pinpointing where they came from could help get them identified?
Anyway, that was just sort of a random thought. If anyone else thinks its a good idea maybe we could email the LE or something with a little info just to see if they wanted to check that testing out and see if its an option for them?

ETA- forgot to add the link- its a story about the testing done on the boy from my area.
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=85576

I think it's a great idea, although it takes time, and sometimes money. Check out this article I found in another forum here: http://www.forensicmag.com/articles.asp?pid=150 , it's long, but well worth the read. Talks a lot about forensic science tools that are available to help do just what you are talking about.

<snip>
NOW, to of the UID's are buried at St Jean the Baptiste, however there are 2 of them..... an older on and a newer on. Lorne is in the newer one. The older one is just around the corner from a trailer park he use to live in as a boy....

One article I found mentions that the first two bodies found were in a wooded area near a trailer park. I was wondering if there was a connection to the trailer park and the girls.

Can anyone help me figure out whats going on here?

All of these cases have been removed from Doe Network, but are still on identifyus.org website. I can't find anything that says they have been ID'd.
Is there any reason that DoeNetwork would remove them other than them being identified? There were only 3 of the 4 on Doe Network last I checked, maybe there is some sort of technical/clerical thing going on? Who should I contact to figure this out?

I just read again about that on Doe Network yesterday.. it was there then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther