NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he was a runaway like it's been stated and hooked up with a carnival and was abused there and later broke away and maybe hooked up with the carnival again much later?

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Some or all of that scenario could very well be in play. Not to keep getting all anecdotal, but one of my best friend's father (who would have been born at the late end of the RE range ca. 1950) "confessed" to us not too long ago that he did a carnie stint in his teenage years. (He's now a very successful business owner...I'm not denigrating any trade or group, just saying the revelation was highly incongruous with our expectations of his teenage years.) I believe he was just recruited and worked locally for whatever group passed through for a couple summers, but it makes sense that such outfits would be frequently picking up youngsters to man the booth, the ride and help out in myriad other small ways.

Nor would it be surprising if RE talked to Bear Brook folk about his time "as a carnie" or "as a trucker," even if those were only very limited or isolated parts of his development. And likewise, it's not far-fetched for an Allenstown resident to remember those particular details (and come to comment about them on Oakhill blog so many years later)...even if RE was just painting a scrambled "cubist" picture of his past, where any one detail might be 100% true, but simultaneously highly misleading for want of proper context.

Great information and very fascinating, too. Thank you for sharing that. I agree "IT" is probably a bigger explanation of why so many people are hard to find or seem to have gone un-reported just a few decades go, though that lack of connectivity might have enabled a "transient" option for folks on the margin of society to an extent that is hard to imagine for most of us today.

My father-in-law (Air Force vet), when I was describing this case (I did my best to boil down the particulars and keep the explanation to just 10 mins or so!) simply replied by askin, "Didn't the military have his fingerprints?" [i.e., to cross-check with multiple CA arrests in the eighties.] I did not have a good answer then for why not, but have a better one now. Nor did I know about the retention emphasis on child support payments. Most interesting and possibly helpful in this case.

There was a case -- discussed just a few pages back earlier today -- about a missing young man found dead in NC in 1984, who was reported missing from Memphis, and on whose person were allusions to time in Illinois. It wasn't until a few years ago that a central missing children's network helped to galvanize interest in the case and in the process had the effect of pulling together NC, TN and IL law in a way that was improbable or impossible at the time of the original investigation - but led to a (relatively) quick resolution in the last couple years, culminating in a successful identification of the deceased this very month. That was a very good example of inter-state networking that could similarly occur in a case like this.

I've been comparing Evans to others with similar circumstances just to see if it could shed some light on some possibilities. I've also compared him to John Kalhauser (it's insane how many things he has in common to Evans [Post #1044]) and Franklin Delano Floyd. My thinking is that with other cases where we may know more, it might help us see where someone like Evans came from or what they may have done as well.

Eunsoon Jun
6217 Bernhard Ave
Richmond, CA 94805
Age 60 (Born Jul 1957)
(510) 234-3158

This post is for a reply in regards to someone who found two Vanners ..... not use to this board so didn't realize I had to copy and paste the original message that I wanted to reply to.

I'm hitting a dead end on Robert or Bob Evans. There is nothing for anyone born on March 18 in either 1942 or 1952. When I run a search for all Robert or Bob Evans in NH they come up with totally different birthdates. So he must not have done much to get into any records. I'm still searching any licenses he may have had. Somewhere I read he was the master electrician at Waumbec, that would require a license if that's correct. I was hoping I'd find some previous activity under the Robert Evans name that would lead me to where he was before he went to NH. I'll keep digging.

There is an article on the https://newspaperarchive.com/ site on three missing young females around Manchester NH around 1980. I believe Robert Adams was involved with Denise Daneault (not listed in the article, but is on the NAMUS site) and Laureen Rahn, and possibly Rachael Garden since Newton is only 20 miles away. https://newspaperarchive.com/us/new...&rtserp=tags/?psi=64&pci=7&pf=laureen&pl=rahn
The top of the page should show. To read the bottom of the page I hit the "next page" on the right, eliminate the popup and hit the "previous page" icon.
It looks to me as if Denise Daneault was only added a short while ago in February to the NAMUS site.
It is interesting that Rachael Garden, Laureen Rahn, Denise Daneault, and Denise Beaudin are all listed in order on the NAMUS site (if you just search for New Hampshire females) and may all have been victims of Robert Evans.

I can't get the page to load on my phone! 😓

I'm hitting a dead end on Robert or Bob Evans. There is nothing for anyone born on March 18 in either 1942 or 1952. When I run a search for all Robert or Bob Evans in NH they come up with totally different birthdates. So he must not have done much to get into any records. I'm still searching any licenses he may have had. Somewhere I read he was the master electrician at Waumbec, that would require a license if that's correct. I was hoping I'd find some previous activity under the Robert Evans name that would lead me to where he was before he went to NH. I'll keep digging.

Would the license have to come from the state you were working in if you were only working there temporarily and not a resident of that state?

He probably faked the license like he did with everything else.

He probably faked the license like he did with everything else.

You're probably right. Unless someone made phone calls to a licensing board from whatever state he said he had it from, no one would ever know.

Personally, I think he's from southern California, San Bernardino maybe, though he might not have been born there. I can't cite any evidence for that, just sort of a gut feel. Or maybe Hawaii. He just reminds me of friends I have from that part of the word.

If I had to guess:

Born in New England or Quebec

Moved to California, went to high school there, might not have graduated

Joined the military, probably Navy, trained in electronics (my Vietnam-era friends who trained in electronics were all stationed in Hawaii or San Diego)

after the war, tried to establish a normal life and couldn't

probably left a family behind

probably didn't actually marry anybody later because he already had a wife wherever he lived before, though he might have gone through a nonbinding ceremony with "Donna."

There, that's my amateur profiling for the day. Take it for what it's worth :D

How about this guy Bob Mack Agee he went missing in 1962. He was going to Electrition school. He went missing from WV.

How about this guy Bob Mack Agee he went missing in 1962. He was going to Electrition school. He went missing from WV.

A 1965 news article claims he was found working in Chicago. I think he would be too old, though; he was 33 in 1965
Someone clipped this article so you should be able to see it without a subscription:
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/5601044/beckley_postherald/

The Beckly Post Herald reported in its Feb 25, 1965 edition "Bob Mack Agee" is very much alive and lists his age at that time as 33, so he would have been born in 1932, too old for Robert Evans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw