NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #4

In light of a recent documentary on Terry Rasmussen I have come to the conclusion that there is a need to set the record straight due to pivotal parts of the case being left out. Dr. Barbara Rae-Venter and her team played a vital and critical role using genetic genealogy without which the identification of Lisa would not have happened. With the identification of Lisa the suspect was then placed in New Hampshire enabling the connection to The Bear Brook murders and the name Bob Evans. Her work, in collaboration with certified genealogist Junel Davidson then helped lead to the real identity of the suspect as Terry Rasmussen. The innovations in DNA extraction from rootless hair by Dr. Ed Green and further work by Dr. Rae-Venter and her team made possible the confirmation of the identity of Marlyse, Marie and Sarah. Dr. Green and Dr. Rae-Venter have to continued their work leading to the resolution of numerous other cases and bringing closure to victims and their families. It has been a privilege and an honor to work with Dr. Green and Dr. Rae-Venter.

Respectfully, Peter Headley

In light of a recent documentary on Terry Rasmussen I have come to the conclusion that there is a need to set the record straight due to pivotal parts of the case being left out. Dr. Barbara Rae-Venter and her team played a vital and critical role using genetic genealogy without which the identification of Lisa would not have happened. With the identification of Lisa the suspect was then placed in New Hampshire enabling the connection to The Bear Brook murders and the name Bob Evans. Her work, in collaboration with certified genealogist Junel Davidson then helped lead to the real identity of the suspect as Terry Rasmussen. The innovations in DNA extraction from rootless hair by Dr. Ed Green and further work by Dr. Rae-Venter and her team made possible the confirmation of the identity of Marlyse, Marie and Sarah. Dr. Green and Dr. Rae-Venter have to continued their work leading to the resolution of numerous other cases and bringing closure to victims and their families. It has been a privilege and an honor to work with Dr. Green and Dr. Rae-Venter.

Respectfully, Peter Headley

Thank you, Peter. This is so very true.

It's interesting that both Denise and Marlyse were last seen by their families at Thanksgiving. I wonder if there is any significance to that. Perhaps it's a "trigger" for TR from something in his past? Or maybe it's just a coincidence.

That's a very interesting thought. Maybe worth looking at women and kids who disappeared around Thanksgiving.

I found this woman in another thread--the circumstances made me wonder if she might be one of TR's victims. Asian, lived on Gulf coast, possibly married an American military man.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

"Rita has been missing since approximately 1983. She was never officially reported as missing until recently. She was a resident of the MS Gulf Coast but an exact address has yet to be confirmed. Rita is Philippino and traveled to the United States after marrying an American military man."

She's beautiful, Carbuff. Thanks for posting her link.

OT: Does anyone know if Doe Network is down?

OT: Does anyone know if Doe Network is down?

Are you using Firefox? Are you getting the attached result when trying to get to DN?
If so, it's a FF issue, not DN. Started happening after the latest FF update. After years and years of no issues, FF now considers DN to be a potential security risk. I've tried everything to try to override, grant permissions, etc. FF doesn't even give you the option to go to DN and assume the risk.

No problem getting to DN with Edge browser or Google Chrome. So I've set up DN as the home page on Edge and that's how I get to it.

Really starting to hate Firefox.

Edited to add: I just messaged Todd and let him know. Hopefully there's something that can be done to fix it.

Attachments

• Doe Network Firefox.JPG
    Doe Network Firefox.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Yes, that's the message I keep getting.
Thank you.

I found this woman in another thread--the circumstances made me wonder if she might be one of TR's victims. Asian, lived on Gulf coast, possibly married an American military man.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

"Rita has been missing since approximately 1983. She was never officially reported as missing until recently. She was a resident of the MS Gulf Coast but an exact address has yet to be confirmed. Rita is Philippino and traveled to the United States after marrying an American military man."

Rita Navarra Stants – The Charley Project
"She wears military-issued dentures with her name inscribed on them."
"She was supposed to visit her sister in Dallas, Texas, but never arrived there and has never been heard from again. She may have never left Biloxi.

Stants's husband has refused to speak to her family about her, and she was not reported missing until 2019. "
Unless I'm misinterpreting this, as I haven't looked further, this last sentence could imply her husband has since been approached about her going missing. It may be possible to compare a description or their contact with him to Rasmussen's incarceration date to rule her out as a victim.

Rita Navarra Stants – The Charley Project
"She wears military-issued dentures with her name inscribed on them."
"She was supposed to visit her sister in Dallas, Texas, but never arrived there and has never been heard from again. She may have never left Biloxi.

Stants's husband has refused to speak to her family about her, and she was not reported missing until 2019. "
Unless I'm misinterpreting this, as I haven't looked further, this last sentence could imply her husband has since been approached about her going missing. It may be possible to compare a description or their contact with him to Rasmussen's incarceration date to rule her out as a victim.

Yeah it certainly implies the husband is alive; Charley Project usually mentions when the spouse dies. It might not mean anything. A typical TR pattern would be that he persuades the woman and kids to leave around a holiday. 1983 is in one of the gaps in TR's timeline. He could have been anywhere.

Terry Rasmuseen timeline: Suspected serial killer's time in NH, across country

Mississippi relatives hold key to ID of last of 4 New Hampshire serial killer victims found in drums

In this article it states that "Angel's" identity could be traced back to her 5x or 6x grandfather's Thomas Mitchell, and William Livings. Well i spent the day on ancestry and traced the connection down to Clara Livings, the grand daughter of Thomas Mitchell, and she married Sardon Livings. They had 4 daughters together(Clematis, Pansy, Bobbie, and Charlotte). I can't find any info about a missing loved one amongst them, but depending in the date and dna, 1 of the 4 should be "Angel's" either mother or grandmother. The Pearl River location fits also.

Mississippi relatives hold key to ID of last of 4 New Hampshire serial killer victims found in drums

In this article it states that "Angel's" identity could be traced back to her 5x or 6x grandfather's Thomas Mitchell, and William Livings. Well i spent the day on ancestry and traced the connection down to Clara Livings, the grand daughter of Thomas Mitchell, and she married Sardon Livings. They had 4 daughters together(Clematis, Pansy, Bobbie, and Charlotte). I can't find any info about a missing loved one amongst them, but depending in the date and dna, 1 of the 4 should be "Angel's" either mother or grandmother. The Pearl River location fits also.

Welcome aboard!

I think this Livings-Mitchell connection has come to light. I know I & others on here have come across it, but I'm not sure it's noted on this thread, but on the Allenstown thread. I'm thinking this intertwining of the two lines is on the radar of those who are officially researching this case. I explored it as much as I could without reaching out to living relatives, because I think at least one, possibly more, of Clara & Sardon's daughters are still alive.

Dug through the A4 thread and could not find - does anyone have a link to the California UID thread that is likely connected to TPR?

Dug through the A4 thread and could not find - does anyone have a link to the California UID thread that is likely connected to TPR?
"The Lady in the Fridge" the UID you're referring to?

There's also a woman and child from Anaheim that have been connected to Terry Rasmussen and are still unidentified/possible victims.

"The Lady in the Fridge" the UID you're referring to?

There's also a woman and child from Anaheim that have been connected to Terry Rasmussen and are still unidentified/possible victims.
Yes, that one. Would love to have all these threads in one place.

CA - San Joaquin Co., WhtFem 320UFCA, 29-41, Gorilla hiking boots, Mar'95

This is a case of an unidentified woman found in a refrigerator dumped in an irrigation canal about 50 east of where Rasmussen was living at the time. It is a very interesting case. The victim appears to have been a low risk type but no missing person report was ever filed. Items in the refrigerator suggest it came from the Antioch area, 25 miles or so east of where Rasmussen lived but anything is possible.

CA - San Joaquin Co., WhtFem 320UFCA, 29-41, Gorilla hiking boots, Mar'95

This is a case of an unidentified woman found in a refrigerator dumped in an irrigation canal about 50 east of where Rasmussen was living at the time. It is a very interesting case. The victim appears to have been a low risk type but no missing person report was ever filed. Items in the refrigerator suggest it came from the Antioch area, 25 miles or so east of where Rasmussen lived but anything is possible.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation just released new composite photos of a Jane Doe who was found in a fridge back in 1998. I posted it on the Grateful Doe subreddit and someone said it sounds like TPR given he was unaccounted for between 1990-98 and he is also loosely tied to this case in CA.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation just released new composite photos of a Jane Doe who was found in a fridge back in 1998. I posted it on the Grateful Doe subreddit and someone said it sounds like TPR given he was unaccounted for between 1990-98 and he is also loosely tied to this case in CA.
Is there a thread here for this case? IMO she kinda looks like Denise Beaudin so it's making me wonder if this was TPR as well. He DOES have ties to CO so that would make sense.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back