GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - the reporters keep hounding him about the NH connection... He's already said he can't answer!

Won't confirm name of child or name of woman in custody...

I'm really disgusted by some of the comments made on FB to people that knew the boy and his mother. Here we all sit and don't even know them, never met them or likely anyone that ever did, yet we all feel heartbroken. I can only imagine how painful this is for people close to them and people pouring salt on their wounds makes them not much better than what they claim to hate.

JMcCrery-1.jpg

http://www1.whdh.com/video/7newslive

There are no words. What a beautiful child. WHY? Why do people resort to murdering their kids?

I'm just glad he was id'd so quickly. So many little babies and young children who still remain unidentified.

RIP Camden.

re: why? mental health issues, drug use. one or the other or both, guaranteed.

I realize emotions are high right now, BUT your posts need to fall within our TOS, meaning no outright bashing and we dont allow for wishing death etc on another person.

Please take the time to edit your posts to keep them within our terms of service and please keep TOS in mind from this post forward.

RIP Little Man.

Wow I just got home, this is great news our boy has a name !

If she tries to claim it was accidental I hope they can tell if he has received meds before, either by pictures of his eyes or some kind of testing.

RIP, sweet, sweet Camden. There are all kinds of sweet people and doggies and kitties to keep you company, so have fun. Good Journey.

I think he must have died in NH that would be the only reason I can come up with as to NH taking over but that is my opinion. A big difference between the 2 states is capital punishment. ME does not have the death penalty and NH does. Without more info it would be premature to say if it will be a capital punishment case as we do not know her mental state of if there will be a plea.

One of her friends on fb - initials kbk - was joking in one of her posts about May 21, 2011 as being the "end of time" with the rapture coming. I looked it up and there are some people out there that believe the rapture will be May 21, 2011 and then the world will be completely destroyed 5 months later on October 21st. When they found her she was reading her bible.... Makes you wonder about her mental state- maybe she thought she was "protecting" her son.... so sad.

That's a good point and she wouldn't be the first. She stayed so close by and didn't seem to be evading police when they asked her about him, according to statements at the press conference.

She doesn't sound like the type that runs off with a guy and/or parties her way through the days and weeks following her child's death. Some things just don't have rationality and show how fragile the human mind can be to fracture into a mother that kills her child.

ohhhhh, that picture breaks my heart.......... :(

What if it is accidental? How sad if it is. She seemed to love both her son's. She raised an American Soldier. She's taken photos and videos of him. He does not seem abused. She seems distraught, but of course that could be an act. Thinking about the videos though and photos and kind words she said about him on facebook....I think it was definitely an accident and not on purpose. I mean it still could be that she was giving it to him to sleep the drive home, but is there anyway to possibly know what her intension's were in giving it to him? I don't get why she left him though on the side of the road unless she was just freaking out mentally. I mean why too did she stay in the area and not go back to Texas? Maybe she couldn't leave him? I've heard when someone leaves a body that if it's wrapped in a blanket that, that usually is done by someone who cared for them. My understanding is time of death was at about 5:30 and he was found at 7:30. So within 2 hours she made this decision to leave him after she just traumatically lost her son. I don't know. I sorta have pity and sadness for her. I know she was busted for drugs and prostitution. I know she also wrote some book on sleeping aids. Those don't seem like good things...but I don't know enough about them to think one thing or the other.

Thankfully, the reviews posted today for her book at Amazon are being deleted.

I think you make good points Stephanie and I think we will need to wait and see. Hard to imagine what might seem so overwhelming that you take the life of someone so bright and lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal