Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 #12 *Arrest*

The New Hampshire Sunday Newsdated December 25, 2011 was published today. I received a call in the early afternoon from a friend who read me an article on Page A5; this article has as a title:

"Reporting child abuse seen to help stem severity, advocate says"
This article is written by Nancy West; the first two paragraphs are:
"Several recent cases of violence against children should remind people to make sure they report suspected child abuse before it becomes life threatening or even dealy, according to Jack Lightfoot, director of advocacy at Child and Family Services.
Lightfoot referred to the recent Albany case in wich a toddler was severly beaten; Celina Cass, the murdered 11-year-old girl in West Stewartstown; and Ayla Reynolds, the 20-month-old girl missing from her home in Waterville, Maine, since last week."

The article continues on and occupies the top one-quarter of Page A5. My apologies for not being "internet savvy" enough to supply a link, but I believe I should share this with all of you, and I hope you'll forgive me for not being able supply the link.

Does anyone reading this post recall reading or hearing that Celina had been subjected to abuse before she disappeared? I do not, but then again, I'm no longer the sharpest tack in the box.

Will check back on this thread on Monday evening to see if any of you had read or heard anything that may have escaped me.

The New Hampshire Sunday Newsdated December 25, 2011 was published today. I received a call in the early afternoon from a friend who read me an article on Page A5; this article has as a title:

"Several recent cases of violence against children should remind people to make sure they report suspected child abuse before it becomes life threatening or even dealy, according to Jack Lightfoot, director of advocacy at Child and Family Services.
Lightfoot referred to the recent Albany case in wich a toddler was severly beaten; Celina Cass, the murdered 11-year-old girl in West Stewartstown; and Ayla Reynolds, the 20-month-old girl missing from her home in Waterville, Maine, since last week."

The article continues on and occupies the top one-quarter of Page A5. My apologies for not being "internet savvy" enough to supply a link, but I believe I should share this with all of you, and I hope you'll forgive me for not being able supply the link.

Does anyone reading this post recall reading or hearing that Celina had been subjected to abuse before she disappeared? I do not, but then again, I'm no longer the sharpest tack in the box.

Will check back on this thread on Monday evening to see if any of you had read or heard anything that may have escaped me.

The murder of Celina was, in and of itself, child abuse. I have not heard about any abuse in her life before that point.

Here's the link: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20111225/NEWS/712259997

The AG's office has several recent serious cases they're working on right now. I doubt that much time is being devoted to Celina's case. With no known activity and no word coming from Jane Young or anyone else over there, it doesn't look good. Five months is a long time for investigation, evidence gathering, interviews, analyses and tests without coming up with a suspect or even a person of interest. I'm sure they have their suspicions and theories. But without some solid evidence those don't do much good. And if they don't have some good, incriminating evidence after this period of time, I doubt they're ever going to get it. Unfortunate, but it's time to start facing the reality that this case might very well end up in the unsolved pile.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/945126-196/balloons-presents-show-up-for-celina-cass.html

A simple message from a mother to her daughter, written on one of the balloons read: “Celina, Happy Birthday #12. Mommie misses you. W/lots of love. Your always in my heart and thoughts.”

It was the first birthday she had to celebrate following Celina’s tragic death last summer.

Celina was born on Jan. 2, 2000, at the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook to Adam Laro and Louisia (Cass) Noyes. She was the second baby of the new year for the hospital. Her parents were separated at the time of her birth.

Happy Birthday Celina!

Still thinking of Celina too. Can find no recent news besides the birthday story. :(

This is so sad to me. Celina is the reason I joined websleuths. I really would like to see someone arrested.

This is so sad to me. Celina is the reason I joined websleuths. I really would like to see someone arrested.

Same here, very disappointing all the way around. Seems the mother just moved right back in with the old BF and life goes on as if she was never married to someone else or not. No one's responsible for nothing and nobody knows nothing and as long as people are giving and donating, everything is good. What a sad injustice! Even more sad is that there is a possible child rapest/molester and murderer walking around free to strike again.

Praying for justice Celina :rose:
We haven't forgotten you...

Checking in, and still nothing. :(

It would be nice if the AG's office would release some additional information and possibly shake things up a bit. Assuming, that is, that they actually have any additional information worth releasing.

I really didn't think we would be getting on toward six months without an arrest in this case.

Just stopping by Celina's thread to see if there's any news.

Reading through, I saw the picture of her headstone for the first time. That portrait of her is just haunting.

It seems like every day there's another dead or missing child in the news. But the ones who've slipped from the headlines, like Celina and Breeanna and so many others, still remain in our minds. I'm glad Websleuths is here to keep the discussion of them alive.

I really didn't think we would be getting on toward six months without an arrest in this case.

Disheartening, isn't it. I really thought this case would be prosecuted. She was found rather quickly, and lots of people were 'home' when she went missing. It seemed like it would be solved. :furious:

I'm so sad for Celina's sister. Not only did she lose her sister, she also had to move and change schools. I can't imagine how hard it is at that age to be torn away from everything you've ever known, right after something as tragic as having your little sister murdered. My heart goes out to her.

Disheartening, isn't it. I really thought this case would be prosecuted. She was found rather quickly, and lots of people were 'home' when she went missing. It seemed like it would be solved. :furious:

BBM

That may be part of the problem, i.e., crime scene contamination. People in and out, people milling around, etc. often make it difficult for LE to narrow the possibilities and gather enough evidence to make a charge "stick." Don't know that's what happened here, I'm just speculating. My personal sense is that LE knows who committed this homicide, but they haven't been able to gather enough information and/or evidence to bring a charge that will result in a conviction.

BBM

That may be part of the problem, i.e., crime scene contamination. People in and out, people milling around, etc. often make it difficult for LE to narrow the possibilities and gather enough evidence to make a charge "stick." Don't know that's what happened here, I'm just speculating. My personal sense is that LE knows who committed this homicide, but they haven't been able to gather enough information and/or evidence to bring a charge that will result in a conviction.

That is true. Sad, but true.

I guess I was just comparing it to a child taken from a supposedly empty house or from a time when everyone is supposed to be asleep. But in heer case there were adults on the porch until very late, and an older 'brother' coming in very late at night. Even then, nobody can apparently tell LE what happened. Was the stepdad in bed and asleep with mom or not? Did KM see Celina on that couch when he got home, or was she downstairs?

From the Manchester Union Leader:

CONCORD — Of all the crimes reported in New Hampshire in 2010, only about a third of violent offenses and 15 percent of property crimes resulted in arrests.

That’s according to a new report, “Crime in New Hampshire 2011,” by the New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies. Based on U.S. Department of Justice data, the study found about 35 percent of violent crimes in 2010 — including 39 percent of murders and aggravated assaults and only 15 percent of rapes — resulted in arrests.

Doesn't look too promising for Celina's case! Less than 4 out of ten murders result in arrests. Pretty pitiful for the AG's office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back