Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additionally, I don't think any of us want to see, when this thing comes to trail, some defense attorney tearing the state ME to shreds because they did a shoddy autopsy by not conducting every test possible to rule out everything. (See Dr. Werner Spitz vs. Dr. G in the Casey Anthony trial.*) Shoddy ME work might equal reasonable doubt for the jurors.

And it could actually show cause of death. She could have been drugged to death by being given something, or by being poisoned by something, etc. I don't think that's the case, but they have to run the tests.

*IMO, Dr. G did NOT do a shoddy autopsy!

Glad you added that disclaimer. ;) That episode caused me a lot of cognitive dissonance...on one hand, I love following protocols and I really respect (and love listening to) older scientists & doctors. But on the other hand, I hate hate hate "because I said so." Yes, that would work if you were dealing with a child, but not another scientist. :banghead:

I'm right there with you. I don't understand what was going on.

I might even be able to understand (since it would be so unlikely in a small town) that the neighbor came over and everyone was some what calm and calling around looking for her while KL went on foot and as the urgency progressed that the neighbor suggested calling. I can even see in my head LCN wondering aloud if it was even necessary, since calling the police would be admitting to yourself that it was a real emergency. But the fact that they neighbor said when she got there hysterics were already in full force, the fact that 911 had not been called at that time seems really odd. And then the facebook just sends it over the top for me, personally.

ETA: If my daughter ever went missing (Heaven forbid) and I was in hysterics and Steve got on the computer to check his facebook, even as a practioner of non-violence, I can't say I wouldn't go over and slap him in the face, rip the computer out of the wall and toss it in the trash and demand assistance in a most likely violent rage that I couldn't stop myself from doing out of pure panic. Just sayin'

I would also reject all thoughts of the worst in the beginning and would be on a mission to find my child. The worst is the last place I would go until forced to.

Not a clue. And I have been looking in every picture for any hint of him anywhere and can't find any.

I don't know that I would expect to see him with the family at this point. A lot would depend on the situation at the moment and his relationship with the family. Was he on parole?

I don't know that I would expect to see him with the family at this point. A lot would depend on the situation at the moment and his relationship with the family. Was he on parole?

From my understanding, no. The crimes he was convicted of were from 2007 when he was 19. Some article said he was sentenced to 1.5 - 3 years and an additional 4 months. According to a relative's FB, he was still in prison in June of 2010. So it would appear that if he didn't serve the full sentence, he didn't have much time left and by now it would be over. Parole only goes on as long as your sentence where I live.

I was thinking about this last night (wn being/posting on facebook during this) and feel maybe this action could be seen as possibly showing WN had no part in Celina's murder. I think WN may have thought they were all blowing things out of proportion and really did think Celina was off of her own free will. That's why the comment to get her butt home seemed off too but for a sideline parent he may have felt no alarm. WN could easily have assumed the role of husband but never father or even care giver. JMO

I was thinking about this last night (wn being/posting on facebook during this) and feel maybe this action could be seen as possibly showing WN had no part in Celina's murder. I think WN may have thought they were all blowing things out of proportion and really did think Celina was off of her own free will. That's why the comment to get her butt home seemed off too but for a sideline parent he may have felt no alarm. WN could easily have assumed the role of husband but never father or even care giver. JMO

Could be! But (and this is just me personally, and how I do things myself) even if I thought that my spouse were blowing things out of proportion, I would be sure to comfort them or try to calm them down and not be on facebook. If it were too much for me, I might have left to go look myself. And if I were the one in hysterics and my spouse got on facebook, I would feel like they were negating my feelings and the seriousness of the situation and I would demand assistance, or the packing of bags.

ETA: I would be mad about the facebook even if it were my dog...much less one of my children, and a female at that.

I think WN is a lonely man. His facebook is bizarre and might give us a clue to the relationship with the wife. Could be non-existent and even out of necessity that LN married him. Did the marriage provide the children health care? Food on the table? A roof over their heads?
Lonely men do many things to have the company of women and a family to care for them in exchange.

I agree with you if it was my spouse on FB I'd be livid but getting into it at that moment would be wasting time and I would move forward with the actions needed to find my child. Deal with him later, maybe even in divorce court. Really I am a single mom raising my kids alone with out any child support in 12 years. I know how hard it is, but can't see myself marrying for those reasons but have certainly thought about it, God forbid. JMO

Checking for news...thinking of Celina and hoping today is the day, and trying not to get too impatient for an arrest! :waiting:

I agree with you if it was my spouse on FB I'd be livid but getting into it at that moment would be wasting time and I would move forward with the actions needed to find my child. Deal with him later, maybe even in divorce court.

That's just it! It seems that until the neighbor arrived and called 911, there was no one "moving forward with the actions needed" to find this child. If that were being done, I could understand not having time to deal with that (and I would also probably be in divorce court now), but I don't think that we have heard anything yet that proves that there were any actions being taken. It would appear that WN hit his facebook while LCN assumed the worst and totally shut down.

It would really help to have some inside insight into what was going on in there. Until then and until mom starts talking, I am going to have to disregard everything that I have heard about that house except what I have seen, *myself and not in MSM. We still haven't heard that anyone could confirm this child's whereabouts in the days before she was supposedly last seen, which also has changed from the initial story. And it seems that it was a big question in the beginning that was quickly abandoned. So frustrating...

What would be the point of doing toxicology? Would they have some reason to believe that her death was drug or alcohol related?

You run every legitimate test you can even if the actual cause of death is visually apparent. Even assuming no new evidence is generated, if nothing else it helps to head-off defense objections -- the last thing you want is for the defense attorney to put an expert in front of a jury listing routine tests that the prosecution did not bother to do. You can be sure, in such a case, that the defense will use every one of those tests you didn't do to try and plant little seeds of doubt in the jury's mind.

That's just it! It seems that until the neighbor arrived and called 911, there was no one "moving forward with the actions needed" to find this child. If that were being done, I could understand not having time to deal with that (and I would also probably be in divorce court now), but I don't think that we have heard anything yet that proves that there were any actions being taken. It would appear that WN hit his facebook while LCN assumed the worst and totally shut down.

It would really help to have some inside insight into what was going on in there. Until then and until mom starts talking, I am going to have to disregard everything that I have heard about that house except what I have seen, *myself and not in MSM. We still haven't heard that anyone could confirm this child's whereabouts in the days before she was supposedly last seen, which also has changed from the initial story. And it seems that it was a big question in the beginning that was quickly abandoned. So frustrating...

The mom didn't totally shut down she employed the daughter to go out into the neighborhood, perhaps she was on the phone rounding up relatives or still in the process of eliminating earthly possibilities.
I agree with you and there is a huge window of time left unaccounted for that we just don't have any facts about.

Town bids farewell to Celina Cass

surrounded by Celina Cass’ artwork and photos, hundreds of friends, loved ones and community members bid farewell to the 11-year-old Stewartstown, N.H., girl during a public celebration of her life last night in the Canaan, Vt., school gymnasium where the shy, athletic fifth-grader played basketball.
“She brought a lot more to us than we could ever imagine in her short time,” said Stewartstown school nurse Kirsten Lyons, one of the speakers, who described Celina as “our guardian angel.”

:cry:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na...e_to_girl_found_in_river/srvc=home&position=4

I could see where this would be possible in different circumstances...My DH, who has a very high IQ but a pretty low EQ thinks I blow most things out of proportion (i.e. when my kids went on a bike ride and I starting second guessing it 10 minutes later and getting a little stressed)...to something like this he will tell me I'm getting upset over nothing and we all did it when we were kids, etc., etc...But, if I were upset to the point that it has been reported LN was?- he would never just up and walk away leaving me like that to go on the computer...he would do something, anything, to help allay my fears. And as tough and practical as he is on the outside, the slightest doubt that one of our kids is in trouble sends him running. He's not the call 911 type- that's me. But he's out there tracking them down, for sure.

More than 300 people attended the 40-minute tribute to Celina, including her mother, Louisa Noyes, and her father, Adam Laro.

They both sat in the front row, about six chairs away from one another. Noyes’ husband, Wendell, was not present.

“She is in a safe place in the arms of her God, forever,” Cheney told the audience, some of whom were tearful.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110808/NEWS/708099985

Paula Doyon, who coached Celina’s basketball team earlier this year, recounted a tournament on St. Patrick’s Day in Lancaster, when the team was going up against Groveton. Celina showed up wearing a “big green shamrock headband,” and rainbow-colored socks.

“Celina, you can’t wear that — the (referee) won’t let you play,” Doyon recalled saying. Celina responded: “But Paula, where’s your spirit?”

Doyon said those words have come back to her and now have new meaning.

This made me cry my eyes out!!! :cry:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20110808/NEWS/708099985

From my understanding, She was found to be missing by WN sometime between 8 and 830. I don't know what time LCN got back from work, or even if she had already left or was getting ready when WN found her missing. I don't even know that we are 100% that WN found her missing. Honestly, I don't believe anything that came out of that house at this point that I didn't see myself and the only thing I saw myself was that WN was on facebook at 9:11 (Ironic, time). Don't know what time KL came home from the sleep over. The neighbor said she came over around 9 and LCN was too distraught to speak.

That then would rule out CC sleeping on the couch... since the mom would notice she was missing when going to work..

Above snipped and BBM...

Yes, there is a big window...I'm sure that KL has told the police the last time she saw CC and I wonder if it is close to the last time anyone saw her. I wonder if KL was 'encouraged' to stay at a friends for some reason...Just speculating.

And I wonder how often KL stayed at a friends house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen