Identified! NH - Grafton Co., Female 671UFNH, May'04 - Madeline Gutkowski

Kat's finding of Madeline Gutkowski on the bottom of page 1 had a list of "possible" relatives. Have any of these been checked out?

Here is a news article I just found with some more info:

Local News
Back
Seeking Next Of Kin

Authorities ID Woman Who Committed Suicide

By GARY E. LINDSLEY, Staff Writer
Saturday May 15, 2004

FRANCONIA NEW HAMPSHIRE
Authorities have identified a 57-year-old Northborough, Mass., woman found dead along with a 34-year-old Portland, Ore., man off the Cascade Trail in Franconia Notch State Park, May 1.

The woman, according to the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office and New Hampshire State Police, is said to be Madeline Gutkowski.

Gutkowski was found dead with Festass Dalecourt, also known as Stephen Chadsey, in a wooded area of the Cascade Trail.

Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin has said the couple committed suicide, and it was not a case of a murder-suicide.

They were found about 300 feet off the trail near the Basin by a hiker walking in the woods. Gutkowski and Dalecourt's bodies had been out in the woods awhile before being found, Strelzin has said.

Authorities have not revealed how they know the couple committed suicide, though they have said the deaths were not caused by guns.

Now, authorities are asking for the public's help in locating any of Gutkowski's relatives.

People with any information as to the name or location of Gutkowski's next-of-kin, they are asked to contact Sgt. Charles West of the New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit at (603) 271-2663.

Gutkowski was born in Illinois in September 1946, according to a press release from Attorney General Peter Heed's office. She also was known as Dalaina T. Garren.

She was last known to have been living in Northborough, Mass.

Along with the bodies, police also found a car with out-of-state plates, believed to belong to the couple, in a parking area near the Basin.

Along with the homicide division of the Attorney General's Office, Sgt. Charles West from State Police Troop F has been involved in the investigation as has Lincoln Police Chief Ted Smith.

Strelzin and West could not be reached for comment Friday.

So, it seems, the boyfriend was also using an alias, very strange, however, I guess if you are homeless and drifting, then not so strange!!
When I first saw this thread, I immediately thought of Gary Michael Hilton and how he could've done this! Eerie, I must say!!
I wonder if the tool/s that were supposedly used, were found nearby??? Plus, who was the persons name that the vehicle, found, registered under??? His or Hers??

The authorities have pretty much determined it was suicide on both parts.

I looked in to all the relatives tirelessly for more than a week and wasn't able to come up with much.

Maybe a set of fresh eyes might help?

Really dumb question alert:

What does it mean when it says her tooth is medically chipped?

Has anyone considered posting on Ancestry or City-Data in the People search section?

Gutkowski was found dead with Festass Dalecourt, also known as Stephen Chadsey, in a wooded area of the Cascade Trail.

Snipped by me:

This sentence tends to make one believe the young mans name was Festass Dalecourt but it appears his legal name was Stephen Chadsey. A quick search found me this:

STEPHEN LEROY CHADSEY
Male
Event(s):
Birth: 01 NOV 1969 San Gabriel, Los Angeles, California
spacer.gif

Christening:
spacer.gif

Death: 16 APR 2004
Burial:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Parents:
Father: JOSEPH LEROY CHADSEY
Mother: KATHLEEN GAYLE MC GINNIS

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/sea...ris2friendly=&juris3friendly=&juris4friendly=

As you can see, his death date is listed as the same on Madeline's Doe Network page.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/671ufnh.html

I'm still looking for more connections with regards to Madeline.

Maz

:cow:

"Festass Dalecourt" seems like a completely made up name to me...

Does anyone know why they think they were boyfriend and girlfriend?

I have always wondered if this was something like a suicide pact made over the internet, and they really don't have a connection- other than they died together.

Does anyone know why they think they were boyfriend and girlfriend?

I have always wondered if this was something like a suicide pact made over the internet, and they really don't have a connection- other than they died together.
Perhaps something written in the note that was left for his family suggests it was more than a friendship?

BTW, if this is the same Madeline Gutkowski she had a lien against her in 1992 in Illinois.

Document No.92596295
Executed
Recorded 08/12/1992
Document Type STATE LIEN
Case No.
Amount $818.00

http://www.ccrd.info/CCRD/controlle...WSKI MADELINE&section=36&township=37&range=13

There is a teacher listed in Cook County . His name is Ronald T Gutkowski. I wonder if he is related to her? Locations connected to her appear to be Chicago, Elmwood Park and Norridge Illinois. All three places are close to one another and all in Cook County, Illinois.

Illinois State Board of Education credentials for Ronald T Gutkowski:
https://sec1.isbe.net/ecs/aspapps/TeacherCredentials.asp?Option=I

Maz

Thought I would try her name in Washington Court Records...Found this:

1 name that matches your search criteria.
Name Participant: Garren, Dalaina Terra
Court:
Kcdc-west Div (sdc)
Case Number: Y1-NC0122
File/Violation Date
: 02-09-2001

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=home.namelist

When I ran case type her name comes up under Civil cases:

There is 1 name that match your search criteria.

Person Name:
Garren, Dalaina Terra
File Date: 02-09-01
Participant Code: New Name
Closed No Docket Info

Person Name:
Hailley, Alekxos B
Participant Code: Old Name
Closed No Docket Info

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=home.cljsearch&terms=accept&flashform=0

I ran Festass Dalecourt and got both his names plus the same civil case with separate case number.

There are 2 public non-sealed cases that match your search criteria.
Case Number: Y1-NC0124
Person Name: Chadsey, Stephen Leroy
Participant Code: Old Name

Case Number: Y1-NC0124
Person Name: Dalecourt, Festass
Participant Code: New Name

It sounds like they applied for legal name changes in Washington. The case numbers begin with nc, it could stand for name change. Notice it says the Old Name and New Name. A possible new alias for Madeline?

Maz

BBM

Weird case. You'd think since LE has her name and it's not a common name they'd find her family quickly. " The victim was found in the Franconia Forest in Lincoln, New Hampshire on May 1, 2004.
She was found with her boyfriend. Although it is believed they both planned their deaths, it could not be determined if their wounds were self-inflicted. There was an Oregon Drivers License with a Portland, OR address and the name Dalaina Terra Garren in her possession. There was also a passport listing Illinois as her birthplace. Fingerprints matched the name of Madeline Gutkowski. Her vehicle was found nearby with a note addressed to the boyfriend's family. His family has claimed his body but her family has not been found." Let's find her loved ones. We have lots to go on.:banghead:

Weird case. You'd think since LE has her name and it's not a common name they'd find her family quickly. " The victim was found in the Franconia Forest in Lincoln, New Hampshire on May 1, 2004.
She was found with her boyfriend. Although it is believed they both planned their deaths, it could not be determined if their wounds were self-inflicted. There was an Oregon Drivers License with a Portland, OR address and the name Dalaina Terra Garren in her possession. There was also a passport listing Illinois as her birthplace. Fingerprints matched the name of Madeline Gutkowski. Her vehicle was found nearby with a note addressed to the boyfriend's family. His family has claimed his body but her family has not been found." Let's find her loved ones. We have lots to go on.:banghead:

Could she be named after her mother?
http://www.123people.com/ext/frm?ti...030&searchFName=Madeline&searchLName=Gutowski

Here is a facebook gal with same last name: http://www.facebook.com/people/Jamie-Gutkowski/8646742

TY you for responding and for the cool link. I knew it would not be hard to find people with that unusual name. I wish LE would have done it..

The chin on the unidentified woman is pointy and the chin on Madeline Outhouse is square, the nose is the same but chin is different, not sure if it would be her

Madeline Outhouse and Madeline Gutkowski are NOT the same person. She was born with the name Gutkowski. I've been able to verify her birth name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back