Identified! NH - Grafton Co., Female 671UFNH, May'04 - Madeline Gutkowski

Hello everyone. I'm new here, but have been reading the forums for a few years before diving in, so it's weird this case would bring me here like this.

Does anyone know of a good contact on this case with the New Hampshire state police?

Could be nothing, but someone contacted me online with some information I wanted to pass along.

Thanks!

Did this person give you a name?

Does the information this person gave you match enough about the known facts about the Jane Doe that you believe this to be credible information?

Welcome to WS starmushrooms.

Okay just going to jump in here. Hope this is okay to post. I did a quick search using "Elmwood Park, IL" and came up with these people (among others.) I am wondering if perhaps Madeline Gutkowski - if that is who we have here - had a sister/cousin/aunt or possibly a sister-in-law that died in 2003 at age 65 (Louise) and a brother that died in 1994 that would be approx. 61 now (Robert.) And if any of the other people (still living) are maybe nieces/nephews, children, etc.?

Records from link at bottom of post.

Louise E Gutkowski would be 65 now - Elmwood Park, IL
*Died in 2003

Louise L Gutkowski
Possible relatives:
Robert L Gutkowski
Robert J Gutkowski
Susan L Gutkowski
Robert J Gutkowski

Robert L Gutkowski - would be approx. 61 now (2010) - Elmwood Park, IL
*Died in 1994

Possible relatives:
Louise E Gutkowski
Robert L Gutkowski
Susan L Gutkowski

Robert Gutkowki - 63 (yrs old) - Elmwood Park, ILChicago, IL
Elmwd Pk, IL
River Grove, IL
Possible relatives:
Brian M Gutkowski
Carol A Gutkowski
Jennifer L Gutkowski
Susan L Gutkowski
Susan Gutkowski
S Gutkowski

Susan Gurkowski - 42 - Elmwood Park, IL
Carol Stream, IL
Possible relatives:
Louise E Gutkowski
Robert L Gutkowski
Robert J Gutkowski
Karen L Gutkowski - 38 - Elmwood Park, IL
Karen Gutkowski
Karen L Reiche (maiden name???)
Bloomingdale, IL
River Grove, IL
Possible relatives:
Louise E Gutkowski
Robert L Gutkowski
Robert J Gutkowski
Susan L Gutkowski

Madeline Gutkowski 63 Elmwood Park, IL
Chicago, IL

http://www.peoplesearchpro.com/PSP.aspx?_act=step3fwp

Did this person give you a name?

Does the information this person gave you match enough about the known facts about the Jane Doe that you believe this to be credible information?

Welcome to WS starmushrooms.

Thanks Cubby for the welcome. I blog online about NH and this was one of my posts, so it was a surprise to receive something like this out of the blue. She said there was a long back story to this she didn't want to go in to.

I thought about it a while and decided to tell her to contact the authorities in NH. She contacted me back and said she would be doing that after making contacting with a family member.

We'll see if anything pans out from it, but this was the first time someone has sent a message to me saying they have information and I was at a loss about what to do with it.

She only said she was married twice and I got the impression her parents are deceased and she had 1 sibling.

But it did remind me of this forum and the fact I wanted to get into it, so it worked out :)

I asked her to keep me updated to know what the outcome is. I would love to know how this goes.

i have started digging around class reunion websites and came up with one missing madeline (same age) who bears a striking resemblance. thoughts?

http://www.sharonhigh1965.com/outhouse/index.htm

Very Similar... Do you kow what High School that is? I will contact them and see if she has family listed... May get know where, but always worth a shot.

As for the self inflicted wounds... Neck injuries??? Hmmm. Doesn't really sound right to me. I have come to learn through personal experience that sometimes things are put into the media that are NOT accurate so LE can keep somethings private and wait for information to come to them.

This one is solved. I was able to ID her and contacted what is left of her family. Her mother, father and only sibling, her sister are all deceased. They are buried together in Illinois. I am trying to work with the church she was baptised in to get her sent to Illinois.

Starmushrooms: I am the person who contacted you about your blog article regarding Madeline Gutkowski.

I am credible. :) My name is Michelle Mounts. I run The Jo Friday Center
for Forensic Genealogy and Missing/Unidentified Persons Research out of the Portland area in Oregon.

Kim Fallon is the contact at the NH ME's office. She has been in the loop the whole time. I figured out who Madeline was, last fall.

I have Madleline's marriage license with her 2nd husband
I've spoken with the 2nd husband
Her parent's marriage license
Her father's and grandfather's birth certificates
The legal case# for guardianship of Madeline's younger sister who was disabled.
Copies of Madeline's legal name changes in Seattle
Photographs of her residences in Oregon and Washington.
Unfortunately, the NH ME's office does not have the funds to have her sent to Illinois, let enough the funds to have her buried with her family.
It will cost 700.00 to 1200.00 dollars
I've spoken to other family members who may be willing to handle the arrangements but do not wish to contribute financially.

I'm really hoping to find a catholic charity to help out. If anyone has ideas I would love to hear them!

Michelle

Starmushrooms: I am the person who contacted you about your blog article regarding Madeline Gutkowski.

I am credible. :) My name is Michelle Mounts. I run The Jo Friday Center
for Forensic Genealogy and Missing/Unidentified Persons Research out of the Portland area in Oregon.

Kim Fallon is the contact at the NH ME's office. She has been in the loop the whole time. I figured out who Madeline was, last fall.

I have Madleline's marriage license with her 2nd husband
I've spoken with the 2nd husband
Her parent's marriage license
Her father's and grandfather's birth certificates
The legal case# for guardianship of Madeline's younger sister who was disabled.
Copies of Madeline's legal name changes in Seattle
Photographs of her residences in Oregon and Washington.
Unfortunately, the NH ME's office does not have the funds to have her sent to Illinois, let enough the funds to have her buried with her family.
It will cost 700.00 to 1200.00 dollars
I've spoken to other family members who may be willing to handle the arrangements but do not wish to contribute financially.

I'm really hoping to find a catholic charity to help out. If anyone has ideas I would love to hear them!

Michelle

Thank you DreamWeaver. That mystery of who contacted me is solved :)

I believe you're legit, and you do a great job online getting the information out. I sat on it for a while, and it was starting to eat at me like reading a great book and the ending is missing, lol.

I'm so glad Madeline's identity has been resolved. Thank you very much for this information and letting us know the ending. I am hoping a charity will come forward to help bring her home.

I'm wondering how she came to New Hampshire. Was she out of contact with her remaining family?

She had a very strained relationship with her family. The end of her life seemed to be very tumultous (sp). She moved around a lot and legally changed her name twice in the years before she went to New Hampshire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back