NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anaphylaxis, or anaphylactic shock, is a systemic allergic reaction that can be fatal within minutes, either through swelling that shuts off airways or through a dramatic drop in blood pressure. Anaphylaxis occurs in allergic individuals when they are exposed to an allergen to which they are allergic—this is almost always a protein that is treated by the immune system as a foreign substance. Contact with or ingestion of this allergen will set off a chain reaction in a person's immune system that may lead to swelling of the airways, loss of blood pressure, and loss of consciousness, resulting in anaphylactic shock. Some anaphylactic reactions involve only one organ system, such as the respiratory tract or skin. However, in anaphylaxis, several systems are usually affected simultaneously, including the upper and lower respiratory tracts, cardiovascular system, and gastrointestinal tract.

http://www.anaphylaxis.com/pro/6_1_3.cfm

Biohazard precautions
It is commonly acknowledged that the sudden, large-scale increase in latex glove use by health care workers since the 1980s lies at the heart of the growing problem of latex allergy. As health care workers sought to protect themselves from AIDS and other blood-borne diseases, latex glove use became virtually universal in hospitals and other medical and dental facilities. Patients, and especially health care workers, were exposed to more latex than ever before, and many have become sensitized to it.

http://www.anaphylaxis.com/pro/6_2_3.cfm

People have varying degrees of sensitivity to latex that depend on several factors including the amount and type of latex exposure. Those who are most at risk of suffering from latex allergies include individuals who come in frequent contact with latex, mainly health care workers, and those who suffer from other allergies.

In general, a person's allergic reactions to latex become progressively worse with continued exposure, requiring less protein to trigger a reaction.

The severity of a particular allergic reaction to latex depends on several factors:
  • Degree to which a person has been sensitized to latex
  • Amount of latex protein to which a person is exposed at any given time
  • Whether the latex comes into contact with skin, mucous membranes, or internal body tissues
The use of powder, such as the cornstarch often used to coat the inside of latex gloves, exacerbates latex exposure. The latex protein can adhere to the powder, and as gloves are snapped on and off, the latex-coated powder becomes airborne. As the latex particles are dispersed by the powder, they may contaminate entire rooms by lingering in the air and being inhaled, or by landing on people, equipment, and surfaces. As they are inhaled, they may cause respiratory problems such as asthma and allergic rhinitis, not to mention anaphylaxis. Particles may land on mucosal areas, which are particularly susceptible to latex sensitization. For these reasons, health care professionals, hospitals, policy makers, and even manufacturers are pushing the use of nonpowdered gloves.

Individuals most at risk of suffering from latex allergy include those who are frequently exposed to latex and those who have other allergies.

The highly exposed
Latex allergy seems to occur in people who develop a sensitivity to it after repeated exposures. The people who are at greatest risk of suffering allergic reactions to latex include:

• Health care professionals
  • Cafeteria workers
  • Janitors
  • Children with congenital defects (such as spina bifida)
  • People who have had several surgeries
  • Individuals with congenital urinary tract problems16
Occupations that involve repeated, ongoing exposure to latex

I would have to agree that an airbag deployment could certainly have left Maura confused. It seems logical that the police woud have deduced that too. They must consider all possibilites, right? I don't understand why an immediate search was not done. It seems to me that even without the airbag deployment, just the weather and the darkness and the time factor of her disappearing would have been enough to warrent more activity. I would like to think that if it had been me alone on that road at night in winter, some sort of organized effort would have been made.

Does anyone know exactly what was done by police apart from looking for tracks on the road or into the woods in the immediate area? It seems according to news acounts that the bus driver was the one who actually got in his car and drove down roads loking for Maura ...

What were the police doing?

Did they radio the surrounding towns with BOL reports?

If Maura was running down the road and seen by the contractor at 8 pm, why was she not seen by anyone else?

CyberLaw said:
<snip>
Usually when a person removes themselves or their car from a single car accident it is to avoid LE and a breathalyzer. Why else would they leave........unless they have something to hide and avoid "criminal responsibility".

Answer: SOMEONE TOOK THEM?????

CyberLaw said:
The man is obviously desperate and frustrated.

The reason why I have such stong feeling about his family would take another page or so. Suffice to say" I don't respect people who do not take personal responsibility for their actions, blame others, are less than honest, trample other people's rights and "play" the media and have their own personal agenda in blaming others.
Snipped for brevity, and yes, I kept in the two pieces that happen to disturb ME. That was MY Agenda.

I am new to this forum but I agree with another poster that I am not sure of YOUR agenda in sticking around. Why are you interested in debunking the ideas prevalant here, or is that the whole of it? You're just oppositional?

Mr. Murray's "agenda" should be painfully obvious. How can you blame him for it, or for his "frustration" and "desperation?" It doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe there is something personal, or you have some prior similar events or experience in your own life and this is touching a painful chord. This would make some sense. Care to share them?

peace

You have jumped into the fray that I and several others have been having with CyberLaw for awhile now. While I believe that EVERYONE is entitled to voice his/her opinion, CyberLaw has taken an almost fanatical track in trying to convince fellow posters that Maura voluntarily disappeared. CyberLaw has been downright nasty and at times, just plain cruel in expressing his/her beliefs and belittling the Murray and Rausch families for their tireless search for answers. Everyone is welcome to voice their opinions-but we also keep in mind that the families of the missing often read what is here.
Please don't let the nastiness of an individual to stop you from expressing your opinion-since you are new you bring a fresh perspective to Maura's disappearance-and I for one am anxious to hear your thoughts!

Bring Maura home!

gatetrekker44 said:
You have jumped into the fray that I and several others have been having with CyberLaw for awhile now. While I believe that EVERYONE is entitled to voice his/her opinion, CyberLaw has taken an almost fanatical track in trying to convince fellow posters that Maura voluntarily disappeared. CyberLaw has been downright nasty and at times, just plain cruel in expressing his/her beliefs and belittling the Murray and Rausch families for their tireless search for answers. Everyone is welcome to voice their opinions-but we also keep in mind that the families of the missing often read what is here.
Please don't let the nastiness of an individual to stop you from expressing your opinion-since you are new you bring a fresh perspective to Maura's disappearance-and I for one am anxious to hear your thoughts!

Bring Maura home!

I agree 100% here... Don't let the Cyberlaw's keep you from giving new insite to things.

Thanks! for the welcome, peeps. I did just jump in, I know it's weird when you have history on a board and then someone comes in and starts talking about stuff that is old news. So I appreciate the patience. :D Thanks also for the reminder that family may visit and read. peace.

By Tommy Witherspoon Tribune-Herald staff writer
Friday, May 27, 2005

Her daughter, Brandi Stahr, had been missing without a word or a trace since October 1998.

In fact, she and Brandi's stepfather Ken Dickenson were preparing to have Brandi declared legally dead in October and planning to cash in Brandi's life insurance policy, Ken Dickenson said.

Before that, Dickenson's last words to her daughter had been "I love you," after they argued on the telephone about Brandi's college grades and exorbitant credit card charges in May 1998.

Investigators spent "hundreds of hours" on the case, Cawthon said, searching wooded areas with dogs, talking to former roommates and boyfriends, putting Brandi's story in prison newsletters hoping that someone there would come forward with information and tracking down numerous leads.

Circumstances of this case indicate that foul play is possible

In the end, it was an anonymous tip to the DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse that led authorities to Brandi.

The caller had seen information about Brandi on the clearinghouse Web site and said she was living in Florence, Ky.

Brandi's family says that there still are many unanswered questions. Ken Dickerson said he thinks it never occurred to Brandi that they might think that she had been killed.

"She said, 'Mama, there were things going on that I couldn't handle and the longer I was gone, the harder it was for me to pick up the phone,'" Ann Dickenson said. "I can understand that. Last night when we talked, it was strange talking to her, but she seemed happy to hear from me. I didn't want to drive her away, so I didn't ask a lot of questions."

Brandi was doing well at Texas A&M and seemed to enjoy it there. Her grades were good and she had a part-time job conducting phone surveys for the university research institute, her mother had said.

She was so disappointed in herself for not being able to hack it in college," Ken Dickenson said. "She was just ashamed of that fact. She just had so much pride that she didn't think she could face everybody back home."

So the moral of the story: Just because a young college students goes missing, possibly for years, does not mean that anything along the lines of foul play has happened to them.

Even is foul play is "possible"

They can easily be living in another state, another town, have new friends and new life and be quite happy.

Wihout their "family".

Even if others see them as young, vulnerable, in this cruel world all by their little lonesone, that is a misconception, the person is perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.

They can and they do quite well thank you......without the support of Mommy and Daddy.

It is not like the family found them, not like LE(not for lack of trying)found them either.

So like I said before, a person who chooses to go missing can stay that way for as long as they want to.

If it was not for the anonymous call to DPS, Brandi would still be "missing" to her family and declared legally dead.

As for the airbags: Show me the facts and evidence that Maura received any injuries in either car accident and I will entertain that evidence.

Possibly, maybe, could be, might have been, are all just cause for speculation.

Without facts and evidence.........sorry life just does not work that way.......people just don't rely on "stories". They want something to back up the "story"

I have no doubt that Maura is doing just fine.

Just like Brandi is.........

Cyberlaw,

While we can all argue over whether its possible she just ran away at the end of the day no one knows- plenty of people have disappeared with no trace only to turn up kidnapped/brutally murdered - others like the girl in your story ran away. I think the real question we have to ask ourselves is given the uncertainty is it more irresponsible as the parent to look or not look?

We all know the more parents get involved and bring things to the media, the more likely they are to get solved.

Her parents are doing the only ethical thing they can do - assume the worst case scenario and do everything they can to help find their child and hopefully prevent others from being harmed.

It sure would be easier to just say let LE deal with it but I wouldn't have much respect for them if they took the easy way out.

What's the worst that happens if they search and she has
run away? She's annoyed if she's found? On the other hand it might be healing for her to know people cared enough to look.

On the other hand what's the worst that could happen if she's been kidnapped/murdered and they let it drop? A murderer goes unnoticed/not caught to kill again? Worse she's being held against her will ( has happened that people have been held for years)

It seems like a no-brainer that her parents as her best/only representatives in an unknown situation need to act as best they can as her advocates in case the worst case scenario is true. I don't see how they could sleep with themselves otherwise.

Tuppence,
That was very well put although as a reader of this thread I know you are just wasting your breath trying to reason with CyberLaw. I completely agree with the family doing the only thing they can by searching for Maura themselves, the alternative is simply to forget her and I know that is not going to happen.
Perhaps it would be easy for CyberLaw to just erase a loved one from his mind, all that "righteousness' must fill the empty place, but that is not the case for Maura's family. I for one hope that Maura is living somewhere else and making the most of her life and if her family could be made aware of that, perhaps they could find some peace from this nightmare of questions. Keep The Faith ...

Well said Tuppence...and in the previous post, it seems that the parents' efforts to keep information in the media worked in the end...someone spotted her and tipped off LE....pretty much what the Murray family hopes for...keep Maura's story in the media....somebody out there knows something...

As for the airbags: Show me the facts and evidence that Maura received any injuries in either car accident and I will entertain that evidence.
Cyberlaw, As for the airbags: Show us the facts and evidence that Maura did not receive any injuries in either car accident and we will entertain that evidence.

Seems we are in the same boat, so to speak, as to evidence ... unless there is something you know that we don't.

We want something to back up your "story."

I am not going to stop checking into this thread periodically but I have promised myself to just skip over certain posts! It has worked well for me to just ignore them and cut to the chase. I have read enough of those posts to know that they will ramble on and on and that they are close minded. It keeps me coming back and not focussing on the negative jabs at the Murray family. Also, then that poster doesn't have the satisfaction of a reply!

CyberLaw said:
The reason why people were led to believe that Jennifer Wilbanks was supposedly acting out of character is because that is the story that her family and that of her fiance was telling everyone.
CyberLaw said:
Your kidding....you mean"some" families "just tell a story" what a shock, good thing I am sitting down........jk.

They just tell a "story" that they want people to believe, expect them to believe. You know their version, their belief......

You mean they deny things and withold things from the public.

They don't tell everything, are not honest and forthcoming.

I am like sooooo shocked. Really I am. I am just so astounded.

You mean they don't tell the whole story, so the family can be protrayed in the best possible light.......the way the family wants to be portrayed. The missing person portrayed......

What family problems they may have had that may have been relevant, any problems the missing person may have had with relatives/fiance/BF/, you mean they are not forthcoming about this.....OMG, I am again so shocked.

Tell me somethng like I don't know......but then the family says" we are the family of the missing person, believe us, we are the family. So like we know.......

Do you think they are the only family that does not tell people everything and are not comptely forthcoming about what lead up to a person going missing.?

Do you think that families of other "missing people" know why a person went missing, but don't disclose it.

All they say "is the person had no reason to go missing, they did not run away, we had a wonderful relationship, she had a perfect relationship with the BF.

Do you think this may be just another story.......since they don't or won't be forthcoming.....

If Jennifer's family(and others families) have done it, do you think that other family members in other familes do the same.?

I have a specific family in mind......also a BF, BF mother too.

Too bad no one is "of good character" to admit the truth.

But we know that the Wilbanks family was not being completely forthcoming on that because they knew about her history, even if the Masons didn't know everything..

Well I guess that just may apply again to other families of missing people also.

Have a specific family in mind....I do......I certainly do.

What is a put forth and what is reality are two different things.

They are just extremely selective in what they are forthcoming about. Lying by ommision is still lying.

They pick and choose what they want to disclose. How they want themselves and the missing loved one ......let me see I am looking for the right word. Spin.

Then they "accuse" other people, lets just say LE of not being honest of hiding things.

Really......

Again, some missing people can and will stay missing. That is their right and choice as an adult.

They can survive on their own without their family. Let me repeat that again.....missing people do not need their loved ones, friends or family.

Jennifer wanted to stay missing, but could not, that is why she came home after 3 days.

She intended and wanted to stay missing.

But you miss the point......she had no money, had no skills, had no food, was cold, had no place to sleep.

So she had no choice to "come home", more like phone 911 and lie her face off.

The FBI took care of this poor women, fed her, gave her clothes, bought her a plane ticket home. They acted like a Mommy and Daddy to Jennifer. She needs to be taken care of and went to live with her parents. She obvioulsy is like a little girl who needs her Mommy and Daddy to care for her like a child, not an adult.

Maura is bright, driven, smart, resourceful, organized, she could easily make it on her own, no problem. She is not dependent on her parents to take care of her. She has lived on her own and taken care of herself.

She does not need to be taken care of, she can take care of herself. Be it for 15 months or 50 months.

She does not need Mommy and Daddy to take care of her.

She did not need to call Mommy and Daddy after 3 days.

After all she gave herself a week head start and planned on going missing.

Thank you Lillyrush, you are very helpful.

Like a witness for the "other side" who makes my case during cross.

You know you could have responded to my points (in blue) in a less condescending manner but I guess that would have been asking too much.

Draw as many similarities as you want but the fact still stands that Jennifer Wilbanks had a history of doing the very specific thing (walking out on marital engagements and a history of criminal behavior/criminal deception) that her family went on tv claiming was so 'out of character' for her.

Give me one example where Maura Murray was known to leave her car stranded and crashed in the middle of nowhere, then disappear without telling anyone. So far the closest you have come to claiming that she has a history of leaving (not on this thread, but the older one) was when you pointed out that she 'left' West Point after which she transferred to her current U of Mass school. So there were a couple of friends who, appeared to be, miffed that Maura just left w/o really telling them about her transfer plans until already leaving. How on earth does transferring to a different college qualify as having a history to 'just leave'? :confused: It's not like she hid those plans from people who are closer to her like her family or boyfriend. Yes, West Point is a big name school and has more noteriety than U Mass..

...So this means what? a person is not allowed to simply not like West Point or seek other higher education options if they want to w/o there being some sort of horrible reason behind it? I'd love to hear your argument for how that is the same thing as the last known situation she was last involved in, in NH. What exactly are the Murrays denying? Don't you think by now that if Maura had a history of just hightailing it for weeks and months on end that we would have heard about that by now, somehow?

Don't waste your breath trying to get CyberLaw to justify the rhetoric that comes forth in his/her posts. Please notice that even AFTER all the info about airbag injuries was posted, and the fact that Maura had two acidents within a week or so where there was airbag deployment, that subject was studiously ignored!

And to address a point CyberLaw brought up in a previous post about

Since LE didn't see fit to do much of any investigation into the accident or Maura's disappearance-NO ONE KNOWS! So would you please take your circular arguments elsewhere! They may be fine in a courtroom, but they are certainly counterproductive in this forum! :razz: :razz: :razz:

For the new folks the 'Ignore' function has made my life much more enjoyable. :D

I stated in an earlier post that Maura may have been trying to get away for a few day or even a week, but not forever. I went away for weekends during college without telling anyone. Glad I did not go missing then and in NH.

Thoughts and prayers for Maura and her loved ones.

I'm new to this forum as well, but have read up on Maura and continuously hope & pray that she is found and can be safely returned to her family. These cases bother me... I think mainly it's because there is no "closure" for the family, friends or people involved. They just don't know what happened... and as months stretch into years, it's harder to stay positive and hope.

I've tried reading CyberLaw's posts, and found that the length & content turns me off completely. If they had something even remotely positive to say that was worth reading, perhaps I'd would take the time to read. Their "I know everything" attitude is doing nothing for the Murray family (although I can't see that they really want to do anything for them, except to name them all in some sort of conspiracy theory). I applaud each of you on here who continues to fight along with the Murrays, not against. There's nothing wrong with opinions, we all have them. But when you continuously attack based on your "knoweldge", being you have no personal connections with this case what-so-ever it proves one thing. You don't really know what you're talking about.

Maura, I certainly hope you make it home safely to a family who loves & misses you. To the Murray & Rausch families, you are not alone. We all want her to return safely to you.

Love & Prayers From FL,
Gina

Those of you who have followed Maura's case know that her loved ones are convinced that NH LE have never taken the proper course of investigation in her case.

I know from family sources that they do not believe that LE negligence during the first 24-36 hours was intentional. They happen to believe that those decisions were mistakes and/or oversights.

But, after those 36 hours they are convinced ( and have evidence to back up their opinions - as you know the boyfriend provided Maura's cell phone bill just 3 weeks after her missing and they NEVER investigated the calls ) that decisions were made that were negligent ( and in my opinion, most likely made to cover their disastrous decisions during the first few days )

I have stated before that I do not think anyone goes into law enforcement with the intention of being a poor officer. However, just like any occupation, there are very poor employees. The reasons are varied. However, even the most dedicated and capable will make mistakes. To protect the citizens that LE vows to protect, they must learn to admit any mistakes and do the best they can do after the fact; it benefits no one for them to choose to not acknolwedge their error.....or for them to dig in their heels and continue with spin to cover-up their mistake(s) instead of at changing their course of action and beginning an investigation in such a manner that they make the best of a bad situation.

If you are interested in helping with Maura's case, it certainly would not hurt and it just might help to put pressure on a proper investigtion if you email the NH Attorney General, the head of the NH SP, the head of State Police Troop F and other officials in NH.

Their email addresses are:

Attorney General Kelly Ayotte kelly.ayotte@doj.nh.gov

Colonel Booth - Head of NH SP lbooth@safety.state.nh.us

Lt Scarinza - Head of NH SP Troop F jscarinz@safety.state.nh.us

Sgt Bruno - Sgt in charge of Maura's case rbruno@safety.state.nh.us

NH SP Lt. Conte - met with Att General & others at the request of Fred Murray rconte@safety.state.nh.us

You can find other information on these websites:

The NH State Goverment website: http://www.nh.gov/index.html

NH State Govt Employee Phone and Email Directory http://admin.state.nh.us/directory/search_internet.asp

I bring this up because of the recent confession by Kansas City LE that they "dropped the ball" in the Precious Doe case where a *relative* contacted LE for over a year and yet LE did not follow through.

"The tipster who provided key information in the Precious Doe murder investigation called police 50 times starting last year, Kansas City police acknowledged Thursday. Police said they were looking at ways to avoid such missed opportunities in the future.

Thursday’s comments followed an internal review of the last year of the four-year investigation. The review found only one return phone call from a detective to the tipster. Just three of the tipster’s calls were logged in the case file.

'Yes, we dropped the ball,' homicide Sgt. Dave Bernard, who led the murder investigation for four years, said Thursday."

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11801685.htm

I would appreciate other's thoughts and opinions.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members