NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm telling you...just ignore those posts...if you are here and want to know the truth...those long posts are a time and space waste. Compassion speaks loudly!

watchingeye said:
I'm telling you...just ignore those posts...if you are here and want to know the truth...those long posts are a time and space waste. Compassion speaks loudly!

I'm sorry if my post was too long. I do tend to get very long winded as I feel very passionatly about this issue. For Maura and my babies, Jennifer and Adrianna!

kholloway said:
I'm sorry if my post was too long. I do tend to get very long winded as I feel very passionatly about this issue. For Maura and my babies, Jennifer and Adrianna!
Kholloway,

I feel quite confident that watchingeye was not referring to your post as being too long............please note w says "compassion speaks loudly".

All of your posts are filled with compassion.

prayers for Maura and your girls!

Watching Eye is right ... we all need to ignore CL and stop trying to justify our concern and compassion for Maura and her family's situation. We should be discussing the case, not wasting our time reacting to someone who obviously is so closed minded that they can't hear anything except what they are so positive is the truth. (Personally, I find that "funny", as in odd or strange, certainly not humourous.)

As to the matter of police investigation ...

I actually live close to the area when Maura had her accident. This is a very small area, a collection of small towns. I have heard things that lead me to believe that LE is still investigating this case. Specifically, that people have been questioned and searches have been done. Of course, I don't know these things to be fact, I did not see it with my own eyes, but people talk ... and you have to take it for what it's worth. After all the exaggeration and theories, (remember the old "telephone" game?) it has been my experience that most rumours have their beginnings in some type of fact. And the fact is that even up here, bad things happen.

In my mind, it stands to reason that LE could not possibly impound and store all the personal effects of every person that goes "missing" on the "off chance" that they might, maybe need to look at this evidence at some future date ... where would they put it all?
It's a ridiculous supposition. Since LE has re-impounded Maura's car, personal effects and computer, they must have thought that at the very least they needed to re-examine the evidence. Not to mention the fact that the Murray family has stated that NHSP told them that they are still working the case every day ... I hope with all my heart that this is true and that LE has their reasons for not being forthcoming with the Murray family.

NH Jane...After all the exaggeration and theories, (remember the old "telephone" game?) it has been my experience that most rumours have their beginnings in some type of fact. And the fact is that even up here, bad things happen.

In my mind, it stands to reason that LE could not possibly impound and store all the personal effects of every person that goes "missing" on the "off chance" that they might, maybe need to look at this evidence at some future date ... where would they put it all?

It's a ridiculous supposition. Since LE has re-impounded Maura's car, personal effects and computer, they must have thought that at the very least they needed to re-examine the evidence.

These are really good points Jane...I agree that there is always a grain of truth in rumors. Rumors also mean that not everyone has forgotten Maura up there. Thanks for sharing that info.

And, you're right about LE re-impounding Maura's belongings....As I've said for a while now...something must have happened to prompt them to send a person to MA for the day to retrieve these belongings...especially since they don't have much value as evidence since other people handled them...as was seen in a Patriot Ledger article which showed Maura's brother and sister going through the bag a year ago February.

For those of us who know Maura well and love her dearly, these recent posts are helpful. Please keep us posted nhjane as to what you learn from that area. Thanks so much!
We want Maura home here safely in Hanson...... 16 long painful months have pasted. It is truly time to have some answers.

For sharing with us what info you have gleaned-since you live in the area, I agree that "where there is smoke, there's fire"-and that on some level there must be continuing investigation going on. Whether it's because of new info, the letter writing to the Governor, or simply the Murray and Rausch families refusal to take "no" for an answer, I'm glad to hear that something is still going on. For any of you new to the "Maura" thread-there is a web site at
www.mauramurray.com where additional discussion goes on. I urge to to check it out.

Bring Maura home!

Thanks, NHJane for the info! It is positive to hear that there is hope with this investigation. Believe me, the FBI and other Federal Agencies don't always "announce" their presence if they believe that it could hurt an investigation. I hope that they are involved with helping NH authorities and we just don't know it!

I hope Maura is found safe and sound and returned to her family. I can't even imagine the hell they are living through.

As we all know, Maura's disappearance has many confusing facts that really don't add up. I can't even imagine the frustration of her loved ones. Obviously, I can't repeat what I have heard here on this site, but I'm very glad that in some small way I might have been able to show that Maura has not been forgotten here in NH. I continue to hope that LE is on the job and that someday soon, her family will be given some answers.

Grassyknoll2 said:
<snip>
And, you're right about LE re-impounding Maura's belongings....As I've said for a while now...something must have happened to prompt them to send a person to MA for the day to retrieve these belongings...especially since they don't have much value as evidence since other people handled them...as was seen in a Patriot Ledger article which showed Maura's brother and sister going through the bag a year ago February.
Grassyknoll2,

Actually, NH SP, at the request of the NH SP Crime Unit sent 2 of their officers in July 04 to Maura's sister's home near Hanson MA to pick up the belongings that Maura had packed in her car along with Maura's computer tower....driving time to pick up these items would have entailed 7-8 hours.

Also, they had no supeona for these items. They had simply asked Fred Murray if he would release them along with the computer. Fred Murray immediately agreed to their request in hopes that they would use the items to continue the investigation into Maura's missing. Contrary to what some would have you believe, including NH SP, Fred Murray has NEVER failed to cooperate with NH LE.

We really don't know if they are investigating, but we do know they continue to make life difficult for the Murray family.

Also, quite strange is that UMass Police have a signed receipt from NH SP for the copy of Maura's computer hard drive which they had made while investigating the case during the first 2 weeks after her missing.

Sometime late last fall or early winter, Fred Murray asked that NH LE return Maura's computer. They refused. Because he was aware that UMass had copied the hard drive, he went to them for a copy. He then learned that *before* NH SP ever requested the computer tower from him that they had picked up the copy of Maura's hard drive from UMass Police. Fred Murray has seen the signed receipt by the NH SP officer that UMass Police have in their records. However, NH says they never picked this up, nor will they release the computer tower or a copy back to Fred Murray.

While the public has never been told that Maura's case is a criminal case, these are a few facts that indicate to the family that it is.

Bring Maura Home!

www.mauramurray.com

www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

Peabody said:
Grassyknoll2,

< smip >

While the public has never been told that Maura's case is a criminal case, these are a few facts that indicate to the family that it is.

Bring Maura Home!

www.mauramurray.com

www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

Another 'fact' indicating that Maura's case is being considered a criminal case is the link to a Missing Poster for Maura that has Lt. Russ Conte of the NH SP Major Crimes Unit as the "contact person"

Http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/HelenaMurray3/MAURAMURRAYMISSINGPOSTER61405.gif
(the poster needs to be printed in the 'landscape mode')

sorry for multiple posts today -

the following news link on 6/12/05 tells about a woman who was forced off the road and raped near Lebanon NH. fortunately, she was able to get away from her attacker.

according to mapquest, this incident took place 38.62 miles south of where Maura's car was located - approx a 45 min drive.

http://www.vnews.com/06122005/2459365.htm

It never ceases to amaze me how little has been reported about Maura and her disappearance.

I pray for her everyday and hope she is out there alive somewhere and will eventually find her way back home.

There is some sick pervert in the NE I read about who was hiding women prisoners in his basement and branding them .. literally, like a cow gets branded.

I hope she is alive but not in any situation like this. :(

PrayersForMaura said:
It never ceases to amaze me how little has been reported about Maura and her disappearance.

I pray for her everyday and hope she is out there alive somewhere and will eventually find her way back home.

There is some sick pervert in the NE I read about who was hiding women prisoners in his basement and branding them .. literally, like a cow gets branded.

I hope she is alive but not in any situation like this. :(
How absolutely horrible and mind boggling!

Do you have a link or more information to this story...........the shear fear and panic that engulfs me is indescrible when I think of Maura or any person being kept captive and tortured. It is all the more reason that LE should be more interested in confirming if any missing are run aways.........it doesn't mean that their location has to be disclosed; just let the family know they are ok and the public know that there is not a pervert on the loose.

Thank you for your prayers!!

I agree with Peabody...sometimes it is mind numbing to read what human beings are capable of...The recent stories about man allegedly molesting 36,000 children is well beyond my abilities to comprehend either the person or the ability to get away with it for so long.

A friend who knows of my interest sent me the following, which appears to be from yahoo group run by Dr. Maurice Godwin..the link to his site and the group are provided, but not the link to the actual post:

[investigativepsych] This is Bad Folks !

June 5, 2005: Getting away with murder (Washington Times) ["Police departments in cities as large as the District see about 35 percent of their homicide cases go unsolved, according to the FBI's Uniform Crime Report for 2003, the most recent year for which statistics are available. Police in metropolitan counties have about 40 percent of their homicides go unsolved."]

Dr. G

Thank you for your comments
Moderator Dr. Maurice Godwin
http://www.investigativepsych.com

If you attempt to login to Maura's website at www.mauramurray.com , you will receive the following message:

Account for domain mauramurray.com has been suspended

This suspension is only temporary. A hacker attempted to access the site. The site is arranged so that any such attempt shuts down the site. Hopefully, the site will be up and running on Monday, June 20.

why would someone do that? What do they have to gain from hacking into a missing person's website? (besides notoriety)

I would see if you could get some computer experts in....trace IP addresses or something...that sounds very strange.

jodierenee said:
why would someone do that? What do they have to gain from hacking into a missing person's website? (besides notoriety)

I would see if you could get some computer experts in....trace IP addresses or something...that sounds very strange.
The only reason that I can think of for someone to "hack" into Maura's site is to obtain the private (and I might secure) information of all of the forum members.........all other information is public.

Thankfully, the system precautions prevented the security breach.

.........and for the good news:

Maura's website www.MauraMurray.com is back up and running

If you go to the REAL LE site and look at it, it does not list Major Crimes as a contact person.

I also find it VERY interesting that the site that you refer to is somehow associated with a Helena Murray. No wonder this particular site lists Major Crime as a contact.

So the REAL site administered by NH LE still lists Maura as a missing person and it lists NH State Police and Haverhill Police as contacts. It also list any information to go to the Missing persons at NH State Police.

Oh yeah by the way I find the "rumour" of search warrants very suspect. You have no idea what it takes to get a warrant. For the first thing you need a crime to have been committed. Without that, no supporting affidavit from LE. A judge has to sign off on a search warrant and he will only do so when the information is factual and correct and required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966