NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEDGER UPDATE: WHERE IS MAURA? 2 YEARS LATER, MISSING HANSON WOMAN’S FAMILY CLINGS TO HOPE, WAITS FOR ANSWERS

http://www.southofboston.com/conten...news/news02.jpg
Family photo of Maura Murray as a teenager. (Courtesy The Murray family)

By JOE McGEE
The Patriot Ledger

Laurie Murray has had the same bedtime ritual every night for the past two years. She prays to the Catholic patron saint of lost things, hoping that she’ll awaken to good news. ‘‘What I do every night is pray to St. Anthony,’’ Murray said. ‘‘I have a statue right here.’’

It will be two years tomorrow since Laurie’s daughter, Hanson native Maura Murray, a student at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, disappeared after a minor traffic accident in Haverhill,

<snip>

Murray’s boyfriend, Army Capt. William Rausch, said he still has a special place in his heart for Maura, the girl he planned to marry.

Still single, Rausch, 25, said he finds strength by dedicating himself to his job at Fort Sill, Okla., and staying close with friends from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, where he and Murray met. Some of his colleagues knew Murray from the year she spent at West Point and have fond memories of her, Rausch said.

‘‘It seems evident that whatever happened is concrete,’’ Rausch said, ‘‘but I still love her like many others do, and I feel lucky to have had what we had.’’

Complete story at Link:

http://N.H.www.southofboston.com/articles/2006/02/08/headlines/news/news02.txt

LEDGER UPDATE: WHERE IS MAURA? 2 YEARS LATER, MISSING HANSON WOMAN’S FAMILY CLINGS TO HOPE, WAITS FOR ANSWERS

By JOE McGEE
The Patriot Ledger

Laurie Murray has had the same bedtime ritual every night for the past two years. She prays to the Catholic patron saint of lost things, hoping that she’ll awaken to good news. ‘‘What I do every night is pray to St. Anthony,’’ Murray said. ‘‘I have a statue right here.’’

It will be two years tomorrow since Laurie’s daughter, Hanson native Maura Murray, a student at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, disappeared after a minor traffic accident in Haverhill,

<snip>

Murray’s boyfriend, Army Capt. William Rausch, said he still has a special place in his heart for Maura, the girl he planned to marry.

Still single, Rausch, 25, said he finds strength by dedicating himself to his job at Fort Sill, Okla., and staying close with friends from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, where he and Murray met. Some of his colleagues knew Murray from the year she spent at West Point and have fond memories of her, Rausch said.

‘‘It seems evident that whatever happened is concrete,’’ Rausch said, ‘‘but I still love her like many others do, and I feel lucky to have had what we had.’’

Complete story at Link:

By JOE McGEE
The Patriot Ledger

<snip>

Complete story at Link:

Maura has been missing two years today.

Continued prayers for answers and God's comfort for all.

Fred Murray is appealing the decision by the judge in Grafton County Superior Court to the New Hampshire State Supreme Court

Father Appeals To N.H. High Court For Missing Daughter's Records

POSTED: 12:16 pm EST January 31, 2006

CONCORD, N.H. -- The father of a Massachusetts woman missing for two years in New Hampshire is pressing his attempts to get police files.

Last week, a Superior Court judge rejected Fred Murray's request for investigative files, so he is appealing to the state Supreme Court.

Murray's daughter, Maura, of Hanson, Mass., disappeared in northern New Hampshire after a minor car accident in February 2004.

Link: http://www.thechamplainchannel.com/...015/detail.html

Fred Murray is appealing the decision by the judge in Grafton County Superior Court to the New Hampshire State Supreme Court

CONCORD, N.H. -- The father of a Massachusetts woman missing for two years in New Hampshire is pressing his attempts to get police files.

Last week, a Superior Court judge rejected Fred Murray's request for investigative files, so he is appealing to the state Supreme Court.

Murray's daughter, Maura, of Hanson, Mass., disappeared in northern New Hampshire after a minor car accident in February 2004.

Thinking of Maura, family and loved ones today.

Hope the get some answers soon.
Two years too long.

I thought of that this morning. Today is my niece's 2nd birthday, so Maura's disapperance and her birthday happened the same day and year.....something I won't forget. Prayers to Maura and her family.....Happy Birthday Shelby.

Why is he unable to get the police files? I know there are certain things the police don't tell families so they don't compromise the investigation but there are certain things he has a right to... aren't there?

petra said:

Two years too long.
Today is now 25 months since Maura went missing.

Continued prayers for Maura, her family and loved ones.

Gabby said:
Prayers for Maura and her loved ones...
petra said:

Two years too long.
Today is now 25 months since Maura went missing.

Continued prayers for Maura, her family and loved ones.

Peabody said:

I don't know why LE won't give Mr. Murray the files. They have made no headway on this case. Why not let someone else look into it and see if maybe a new pair of eyes can see something that LE hasn't seen? Maura has been missing for a long time. Her parents deserve to be able to bring her home and get justice for her.

Often when official documents of any kind won't be released it's because of fear a lawsuit of some sort will be brought. I'm not syaing the police departments didn't do everything the way they were supposed to, but everyone knows there are lawyers out there who will pick apart anything they can. I don't mean to imply that her parents would press any sort of lawsuit, but officials are often wary of this. Once the documents are made public there is no way of retracting them. If someone with ill intentions (not the parents) gets their hands on them, there is no telling what could happen. I don't believe the LE is trying to hide anything, just being cautious. However, I do believe her parents have a right to the documents. All they want to do is find their daughter.

My sister was murdered in 1990 and it remains unsolved. There are details my family still hasn't been told. It is my understanding that until a case is officially closed the LE won't release details because it could interfere with the investigation at some point. Maybe this is the case??

I just recieved an Email from Bill Rausch saying that on March the 17th at 10pm there is a special on ABC 20/20 "Vanished Coeds" and it will feature Maura's case. I dont know if you all know this or not but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Michelle,

Thanks so much for letting us know! I'll be sure to watch!

Marisa714 said:
Michelle,

Thanks so much for letting us know! I'll be sure to watch!
Good, I will be watching too. I wish they would get a break in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike