NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great comprehensive 4 part series about Maura's disappearence which is a must read for anyone new to learning about Maura.

Her disappearence is just baffling on many levels.

http://www.whitmanhansonexpress.com...nt&view=category&id=912&layout=blog&Itemid=83

Quoting from that article,

Before walking through airport security Billy shut off his cell phone. Shortly after, a mysterious call came in that would later be a source of dispute.

For all it's thoroughness, the article never attempts to explain the mysterious phone call again in the rest of the article!

What was the "source of dispute" about that mysterious call that Billy received? Anyone know? Is there reason to doubt it was really Maura, or what?

Quoting from that article,
For all it's thoroughness, the article never attempts to explain the mysterious phone call again in the rest of the article!

What was the "source of dispute" about that mysterious call that Billy received? Anyone know? Is there reason to doubt it was really Maura, or what?

I saw the ID story on Maura last night. The mysterious call was made using a calling card. Maura was known to have frequently used calling cards, but they have been unable to trace that specific card to Maura.

Also, regarding the bus driver, he immediately went down the road and reported the accident to police, even though Maura asked him not to (according to him). I doubt that he could have done harm to her and disposed of her body in the short time between the encounter and the call to police.

This one-hour episode is an excellent presentation of Maura's story.

Tonight sometime between 7 pm and 7:30 pm ( February 9, 2010 ) Maura Murray will have been missing for 6 years.

Her family knows no more about her missing now than when they first learned she was gone.

Please join me in prayer for answers to this mystery and for comfort of her family and friends.

Tonight sometime between 7 pm and 7:30 pm ( February 9, 2010 ) Maura Murray will have been missing for 6 years.

Her family knows no more about her missing now than when they first learned she was gone.

Please join me in prayer for answers to this mystery and for comfort of her family and friends.

"Tests are being performed on possible new evidence in the mysterious disappearance six years ago of University of Massachusetts nursing student Maura Murray

I'm guessing it has to do with that empty house on Valley Road where the cadaver dogs "went bonkers" in the downstairs closet?

Has anyone here on websleuths checked public property records to see who occupied that house previously?

I'm guessing it has to do with that empty house on Valley Road where the cadaver dogs "went bonkers" in the downstairs closet?

Has anyone here on websleuths checked public property records to see who occupied that house previously?

Last night, I watched the show Disappeared, which featured the disappearance of Maura Murray. It broke my heart to see the pain her family and friends have endured. I hope this program brings renewed interest and leads to the whereabouts of such a promising young woman. This family deserves to know what happened to Maura.

While the show discussed the use of search dogs... I don't recall hearing about cadaver dogs or the mention of an empty house on Valley Road. That is very interesting. Do you have a link to an article regarding this information?

Last night, I watched the show Disappeared, which featured the disappearance of Maura Murray. It broke my heart to see the pain her family and friends have endured. I hope this program brings renewed interest and leads to the whereabouts of such a promising young woman. This family deserves to know what happened to Maura.

While the show discussed the use of search dogs... I don't recall hearing about cadaver dogs or the mention of an empty house on Valley Road. That is very interesting. Do you have a link to an article regarding this information?

It's from the article gaia posted. Very thorough. I can't believe the program didn't mention the cadaver dogs and the "hit" they found on Valley Road.

Regarding the phone call Maura's BF recieved it was traced back to a calling card which had been issued to the American Red Cross. Totally bizarre.
Maura emailed her BF the day she disappeared saying she had recieved his phone messages but to be honest she just didn't feel like talking to anyone and she promises to call him later that day. Whatever she was up too she obviously did not want her boyfriend to know as she made no mention of any plans to leave later that day.

Whenever I start thinking about Maura's disappearence I just get endlessly baffled. Her situation is especially curious because it is not like she vanished on her way home from work or from a party. She vanished while apparently on some clandestine trip she had planned. No one knows where she was going or why. No one knows why she told her teachers there had been a death and she would be out for a week.

Regardin the cadaver dogs - they got a hit in the closet of the abandoned house very close to where Maura disappeared yet police were totally uninterested. Last I read Maura's dad finally got them to take some carpet from the attic to test for DNA but I don't think they have ever gotten around to doing it.

I don't have ID but I read the summary they have on their web site and it is not very thorough. They left a lot of things out.

http://www.whitmanhansonexpress.com/...=912&Itemid=83

this article about maura is amazingly detailed...it sounds like this investigation was mishandled by LE from the start and that so many leads could have been followed up on right away and were not, for years...this case should have been solved...what a horror...there is a lot here that i had never read or seen about the case before...possible suspects, etc...
this case is one i can not forget, it hardly matters why maura left unless she took her abducter along which i doubt-i think she planned to come home and was taken along the way. Even the fact that all of the liquor she bought before leaving town was not found in her car is a big red flag, saying that someone else was in that car at some point? lots of things like here, should read this if not you haven't already and are interested in what may have happened to maura...bless her heart and her family and friends...

By Steven Dodrill
February 8, 2010
As the 6th anniversary of Maura's disappearance passes on Tuesday, her heartbroken family and friends will continue to look for answers.

Over the past six years, there's been very few new details released by investigators about the disappearance, but an article published in the New Hampshire Union Leader on Sunday states that tests are being performed on possible new evidence.

It's not clear what that evidence is.

Maura's family did not learn about the latest developments from State Police, instead, the family found out from a Union Leader reporter, who called to seek comment from the family.

complete article at
http://www.959watd.com/news.php?Han...ill-surrounds-Maura-Murray-disappearance-2928

By Steven Dodrill
February 8, 2010
As the 6th anniversary of Maura's disappearance passes on Tuesday, her heartbroken family and friends will continue to look for answers.

Over the past six years, there's been very few new details released by investigators about the disappearance, but an article published in the New Hampshire Union Leader on Sunday states that tests are being performed on possible new evidence.

Maura's family did not learn about the latest developments from State Police, instead, the family found out from a Union Leader reporter, who called to seek comment from the family.

complete article at
http://www.959watd.com/news.php?Han...ill-surrounds-Maura-Murray-disappearance-2928

By Steven Dodrill
February 8, 2010

complete article at

Does anyone know if she kept a flashlight in her car e.g., in the glove compartment or in her roadside emergency kit and if so was it missing from the car when it was found? This would at least indicate she willingly left the car on foot.

I found it on beta.ninjavideo.net
under documentaries -> crime

I hadn't really followed the particulars about this case - kudos to her dad, he seems very determined. I hope he can find the answers he's looking for

I don't remember anybody saying she had a flashlight in the car. Dad gave her the emergency kit, maybe it was part of the kit.

Dad did say the white rag was with the emergency kit though. What was the rag doing in the tail pipe?? ......Is it something you do to show the car is diabled? Or did a bad guy put it there and followed behind waiting for her to stall?

LE really sucked in Maura's case. Dropped the ball big time.

According to Billy Smolinski's case and his story that is on Disappeared right now, his parents hired a private investigator who was able to get the police files because of the freedom of information act.
Maura's dad should be able to have access to ALL of the records in Maura's case.

Is Maura's mom ok? Didn't see her on the Disappeared show :(

Maura's mom died last year of cancer - saw the obit - very sad --Maura was listed as her daughter. Seems that she never gave up the hope that Maura was living and would come home.

About the rag in the exhaust pipe...I remember Fred saying that it was the rag from Maura's emergency kit and that she would have known that this would cause the car to stall -- he also said that she may have put in there to avoid attracting the police (not sure what this is about) if smoke was coming from the pipe.

Does anyone remember that the witnesses saw a flurry of activity at the rear of Maura's car that night prior to the police arriving? The accident report indicates that the trunk was inspected later--but doesn't say if it was opened that night. Does anyone know if the police or tow company opened it at the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled