GUILTY NJ - Amanda 'Randy' Lehrer, 32, Jersey City, 17 Aug 2011

My heart is absolutely broken for Randy's family and friends as they endure this. :(

These stories make you wish for a faster death penalty.....

sadly it must be her in the barrel. I mean not many people are found dead inside a barrel filled with cement no less in the same building she was last seen in.

If this is Randy, I'm concerned about how LE will get the 10-month-old baby away from the husband before they arrest him. A situation such as this is always extremely tricky to handle ...

doesn't say much for the Jersey City Police Dept.

one example of local chatter is found in the article:

"We were there when they brought out a lot of bags, the drum and other stuff," wrote one friend. "The smell was beyond what words can explain. I don't understand how the police didn't check the basement. And if they did, why didn't they look into the drum. JCPD has a lot of answering to do... Why am I not surprised. Neighbors were out there saying that the smell had been more & more potent in the past few days. I pray her family looks to God for comfort and that they find some kind of closure in giving her a respectful burial at a place where her daughter may go to in the future. RIP Amanda..."

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/view/...tance=up_to_the_minute_lead_story_left_column

margisoncbc Amanda Margison
CBC NEWS learns the body of Randy Amanda Lehrer was found tonight encased in concrete in an oil drum in Jersey City. Her mother confirms.
10 hours ago

Do they have that child away from the father yet? That would be priority number one!

So it took over a month for them to find this 55 gallon drum in the basement of the apartment building she lived in? The same apartment building where they went and searched for her? Seems really odd they would not have found this in the initial search. Hubby had already been arrested on unrelated charges.....why would he leave it there? Seems odd IMO.

Reported on NewJersey 12 news channel:

... prosecutors say that human remains found in a Jersey City apartment building belong to a missing woman, Amanda Lehrer, who was reported missing last month, after allegedly getting into a fight with her husband, Steven Acuna...

Her death has now been ruled a homicide, and her husband, Steven Acuna, has been charged with the woman's murder. The woman leaves behind an 11-month-old daughter.

We'll have much more to report this evening at 10:00.

Good to hear the prosecutor's office finally interrupted its very busy weekend to declare that the body was indeed Amanda's, that this was a homicide, and to inform the public of Acuna's arrest. :waitasec:

Jersey City man charged with killing wife whose remains were found inside cement-filled drum
Published: Saturday, September 24, 2011, 7:56 PM
Updated: Saturday, September 24, 2011, 7:56 PM

A Jersey City man has been charged with killing his wife after police discovered her remains inside of a 55-gallon cement-filled drum in the home they once shared, authorities said.

Steven Acuna now faces murder charges after police made the grisly discovery of Randy "Amanda" Lehrer’s remains inside the couple’s former Charles Street residence on Friday night, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/09/jersey_city_man_charged_with_k.html

I'm ready to see the full punishment of the law extended to this murderer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back