GUILTY NJ - Brittney Gregory, 16, Brick Township, 11 July 2004

Fox News reporting the finding of a "female teen body" in NJ....they believe it is Brittney. :( There will be a police news conference at 3 pm EST.

Body of Missing N.J. Girl May Be Found
Body Believed to Be That of Missing New Jersey Teen May Have Been Found

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040727_1068.html

No confirmation that this is her. Many families have been told their child was found, and later it was learned it was not their child.

With one going missing every 37 seconds, this could be anyone.

I will wait for confirmation with DNA, but agree if someone has been charged with her murder, LE has a reason.

Praying for this family, for answers, and if need be, for justice.
With love and HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Lots more on this over in Missing, soon to be moved to Located, BTW. Body is most likely found, but not confirmed.

I just heard her friend's father was arrested...caught the tale end of it on Fox.

Kpass, He was arrested last week. They knew he did it, have just been searching for her body.

God love this child. I have a Brittany of my own, and a Devin and a Lauren, Brooke and Cameron.

When I go to Heaven, I'm going to ask why.

WasBlind said:
No confirmation that this is her. Many families have been told their child was found, and later it was learned it was not their child.

With one going missing every 37 seconds, this could be anyone.

Help For The Missing

It is most likely today. I just heard on the radio here that the autopsy report is due out today. Her body was located in an area that had been already searched. They missed it the first time.

I can't believe that stat. Every 37 seconds?!?! Wow, that is worst than I thoguht. That is horrible.

How awful for her family.

There must be much more to this story that we aren't hearing about. First the police say she's dead (without ever saying why they believe that) then they go back over a previously searched area more thoroughly and find her. I hope that whatever else they know will be used to get a conviction against that monster.

Just wanted to update everyone that the prosecutor's office released a statement. The body found was that of Brittney. They released very little. Just that the body was not mutilated and she was dead when she was buried. No other info was released.

Just wanted to update everyone that the prosecutor's office released a statement. The body found was that of Brittney. They released very little. Just that the body was not mutilated and she was dead when she was buried. No other info was released.

I am wondering if there is a key witness to this horrific crime- something made the police arrest the perp with confidence, and announce that there was no possibility that Brittany was alive....what other evidence could they have to presume all this other than an eye witness?

It would be beneficial and finally give us hope that a conviction would be forthcoming for this monster at least!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127267,00.html

TOMS RIVER, N.J. — A body unearthed from a shallow grave was confirmed to be that of a 16-year-old girl believed murdered by a family acquaintance, authorities said Wednesday.
The unclothed body was found Tuesday buried in a wooded area about two miles from Brittney Gregory's house in central New Jersey, Ocean County prosecutor Thomas F. Kelaher said. The discovery was made by officers with search dogs.

even with the statistics showing that every 37 seconds or so that a person is abducted, the other statistic that really will sink the nail to the head is that almost 70 percent are dead within the first 3 hours of there abduction. I don't think anyone needs to worry about this man getting away with murder. after all a witness " if I read it correctly" said he saw them together the same night she was taken. this creep is no longer going to breath fresh freedom again. I can't imagine how her friend feels knowing that her dad did this to her good friend. what a terrible tragedy for all of these families.

This article answers a lot of the questions we have all had about why and how LE were so sure poor Brittany was killed and so sure who the murderer was! Excerpts below but read the entire article for complete details.
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/25698.htmhttp://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/25698.htm

"Fuller, a druggie pal of Brittney's dad, was charged with murder a week later, after he was allegedly caught on tape confessing to his supplier about the grisly slaying.

Fuller, in an alleged taped conversation with his drug dealer that was first reported by The Post, admitted he was worried about the body being discovered because he didn't bury it deep enough.

"I think I was supposed to bury it six feet under," he reportedly said.

That prompted speculation the killer may have tried to rebury the corpse, but authorities yesterday said they have no evidence that occurred.

Investigators hunting for forensic evidence against Fuller were reported to have already confiscated several sickles and pieces of wooden siding from his father's home in nearby Howell. Fuller, 38, lived there between stints in prison for robbery and drugs.

An acquaintance who ran into the suspect at a local carwash four days before he was busted in the murder said she recalled him feverishly scouring his dad's Chevy, which he supposedly borrowed the night Brittney disappeared.

Cops have already confiscated the car, as well as a carwash videotape of him cleaning the vehicle, sources said.

A pal of Fuller's has said he was in the car with both the suspect and Brittney the night she disappeared but that she was still alive when Fuller dropped him off at his home.

Brittney's family said the last they heard from her, she had wanted a ride to her boyfriend's house.

The break in the case came after Fuller allegedly confessed to a drug dealer that he had killed Brittney — and the pusher felt so repulsed, he went to police with the information. Sources close to the investigation said the dealer then agreed to wear a wire to help bust the fiend. After his alleged taped confession, Fuller was arrested and charged with Brittney's murder, even though her body hadn't been found. "

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/25698.htm

Brittney was so beautiful. This is a major lesson to all of us & our daughters....NEVER take a ride alone with a man, even if you know him....b/c you may not KNOW him....your father, brother or husband is ok...NO ONE else.
This may sound extreme but look at Brittney...this was her friend's dad and her dad's friend...she thought he was safe. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back