GUILTY NJ - Brittney Gregory, 16, Brick Township, 11 July 2004

englishleigh said:
Brittney was so beautiful. This is a major lesson to all of us & our daughters....NEVER take a ride alone with a man, even if you know him....b/c you may not KNOW him....your father, brother or husband is ok...NO ONE else.
This may sound extreme but look at Brittney...this was her friend's dad and her dad's friend...she thought he was safe. :(

I agree. My daughter is only 1 years ol and I tell my husband and her this very day. He thinks I am being paranoid and crazy. Look what is out there.

LaCoruna17 said:
I agree. My daughter is only 1 years ol and I tell my husband and her this very day. He thinks I am being paranoid and crazy. Look what is out there.

You don't know who to trust anymore. My 8 year old daughter was molested by my "ex" 17 year old stepson. She was 6 at the time and he was 15. I entrusted him to watch her for 10 minutes while I ran to the post office. It destroyed my marrige (I loved his father very much). This "piece of garbage" is in juvenile detention center for at least another year. I have tried "unsuccessfully" to mandate that he register as a sex offender once he is released. But because he will be an adult and this crime happened when he was a juvenile, I cannot get it done. I read stories like this everyday and can relate to them because you always think you know someone but you just never do.....it's all so sad. My daughter made a remarkable recovery from this traumatic event in her life. I'm so grateful that I still haver her in my life. Something really horrible could have happened. She is my hero. It's so sad though that she had to grow up so quickly because a someone greedily and selfishly stole her innocence.

this is just about the worst thing that could happen to a family. it reminds me so much of the situation surrounding the disapperance of brookely louks...getting into a car with her father's friend. i am so glad that brittney was found, poor brookely is still missing.

http://www.childseeknetwork.com/Brookley.htm

Poor Brittney. She was so beautiful, and it seems like she had so much potential.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-6/109057028050900.xml

"How do you take the life of a person who saved your life?" Debra Gregory asked during an interview yesterday at her Beachwood home. "How do you do that?"

:mad: :furious:

I'm only 17, and these are things I think about when I'm at home by myself. It's why I don't like to go out alone. It's why I don't want to work the night shift. I live in a very rural area and they find bodies out here quite often. I'm always afraid the next one may be someone I know, or even me.

One year later, a key question remains: Why was she killed?

The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office would not comment when asked Friday about the motives of Jack Fuller Jr. — the man charged with murdering Brittney and leaving her body in a shallow Lakewood grave.

Executive Assistant Ocean County Prosecutor Ronald F. DeLigny, who is assigned to try Fuller, has said at prior court hearings that the evidence against Fuller includes Brittney's blood, found inside Fuller's 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, in which she was last seen alive.

DeLigny has also revealed in court that an informant told authorities Fuller had asked him, a few days after Brittney disappeared, whether burying a body 4 feet in the ground was deep enough to keep it from being discovered. Goins, in motions filed, has targeted that evidence http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050710/NEWS/507100437

The only reason that I can think of was that he wanted sex and she didn't go along with him. What was her mother talking about when she said "how do you take the life of someone who saved your life?" I had never heard about this case and the articles can't be found now. The killer was no doubt all jacked up on dope or alcohol.

I wonder how Brittney's dad is doing. Here it was a friend of his who murdered his daughter. And then there is Brittney's best friend. How do you cope with something like this....your dad murders your best friend. I wonder if this killer had ever come on to Brittney before...flirted or made sexy remarks. If he did she probably thought he was just kidding around and just blew it off.

It doesn't sound like the killer used a machete to kill Brittney. I think it is awful when things like that are released before it is even known for a fact how a person really died. The article after she was found said she wasn't hacked up..they used a different word. Think of what Brittney's family went through after hearing something like that!!! Of course the media could care less how what they print affects families.

I hope we hear about this killer's trial. I hope he is locked up forever. It is just so sad. This beautiful little gal with her whole life ahead of her and someone that she trusted took everything away from her and her family.

A week before he was to go on trial for the murder of a Brick honors student, a Howell man admitted yesterday that he killed the girl by beating her and leaving her to die in his car while he got high.

Ending the mystery of what happened the night 16-year-old Brittney Gregory disappeared in July 2004, Jack Fuller told a judge in Toms River that he beat the teen unconscious, then continued smoking cocaine while she lay bleeding and motionless on the seat next to him in his car.

While Fuller calmly revealed details he had kept secret for more than a year, members of Gregory's family were overcome with emotion. Her father, Joseph Dunn, stormed out of the courtroom when Fuller said he heard Brittney making a gurgling sound, but did nothing to help her. Later, one of Gregory's sisters collapsed outside the courtroom, requiring medical attention.

In pleading guilty to the single murder count, Fuller, 39, an ex-convict, faces 30 years in prison with no parole. He is scheduled to be sentenced Jan. 13.
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1129700441141140.xml&coll=1

I hope they can prove he lied about some of it. That might give them cause to break the plea bargain & try him. Although I don't know that. Just saw it on some recent crime shows and hope its so.

Did he rape her or was he just made about her trying to stop his drug intake??

Poor girl. Prayers for the family.............

Did it say that she tried to stop him? I wonder if he tried to rape her, or what happened to make him beat her. It sickens me. How can you sit there and be so heartless to watch someone die. Someone so young and innocent and obviously not a stranger (not that that would make it easier) but being someone close to your family makes it even sicker.

I hope the BA***RED rots!

CrimeHater, An article I read said he beat her because she told him not to do drugs around her.

If additional evidence is found that refutes Fuller’s confession, the case could be reopened, DeLigny said.

“Anything’s possible, but finding additional evidence is highly unlikely,” he said. “Based upon our examinations of the vehicle and home, we really haven’t left any stone unturned.”

Fuller pleaded guilty to a single count of murder which carries with it a 30-year sentence without parole. He was facing 30 years to life without parole if convicted. His trial was scheduled to begin Tuesday. He had pleaded not guilty to the crime, DeLigny said.

DeLigny said it is hard to say if he is satisfied with the outcome of the case.

“Satisfied? Tough question,” he said. “I just hope the family has some closure with it.”

Fuller is scheduled to be sentenced Jan. 13, DeLigny said.
http://tritown.gmnews.com/news/2005/1027/Front_Page/024.html

A drug addict and career criminal with a history of dozens of arrests was sentenced yesterday to 30 years in prison, with no chance of parole, for beating a 16-year-old Brick honors student and leaving her to die while he got high.

The tattooed Jack Fuller, whose head is shaved, wore red prison scrubs, wrist shackles and a goatee to state Superior Court in Toms River.

Except for a pulsing wavy vein on his forehead, he sat motionless as he was sentenced for killing straight-A student Brittney Gregory in 2004 and then burying her in a shallow grave. The search to find her lasted 16 days and drew national attention and hundreds of police officers.
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1137217648186860.xml&coll=1

If this creep lives long enough he will still get out of prison when he is 70 yrs.
I don't understand why plea deals are ever given for murder cases. I think the killers excuse for killing Brittney is bullchit. If she didn't want him to do drugs in front of or around her then why not just drop her off at home or tell her to get out of his vehicle? I still think he came on to her and she wasn't having any of it. He must not have raped her but I'd bet money sex was the reason he murdered her. I hope he dies in prison.

I know this is long solved and this thread has been dead for over a decade, but I wanted to just take a moment to remember Brittney because I knew her personally. She sang in the chorus with me. She had a pretty voice. She was soft-spoken and always smiling. She was smart and hardworking and sweet. I, along with as many chorus members as we could gather (most of us still didn't have cell phones in '04, and social media wasn't really a thing yet), sang "The Lord Bless You and Keep You" at her funeral Mass that summer.

I hope she is at peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back