Identified! NJ - Camden, Male skeletal remains in trash can, Dec'13 - Adrian Rivera

Funny story... My mother grew up in south Camden 80+ years ago when it was a busy beautiful city.
She gets the urge to check out her old neighborhood. Says she's going with or without me. So of course I don't want her going alone!!! I drive her. Her house had been right off Broadway on Fillmore Street. Most of the houses are gone. I stop where her house once stood according to my GPS. A drug dealer runs out of a burned out building and up to my car. Lovely! He asks what we are looking for... I say nothing, just looking and drive away. Up the street a little further I am stuck behind 3 cars, the first one is buying drugs ....second car ...buys drugs...and there's my mother... Pointing at the residence the drug dealing gang members are working out of. "That used to be such & such house" ...I say "mom STOP pointing" ....being old and obstinate she continues...
I was thrilled when we finally got out of there!!!

Oh a few weeks ago she started her crap that she wanted to go again. I told her no way! I turned her into google street view maps... Now she can virtually visit Camden anytime she wants on her iPad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Great story! - Im so glad you were both ok after the worlds most dangerous trip down memory lane :please: God bless your mum! and thank goodness for Google Street View and iPads ;)

I did wonder about the trash can too - just that how big was the bin for a body to be in it - or if the body was somehow placed in the bin how was it that it wasn't partly exposed (some body part outside the bin). The papers didn't say it was dismembered - just thinking was it in bushes or under a tree.
Apparently it was close to the highway?

It also maybe that someone had seen it and didn't report it - or didn't dare to report it.

I did wonder about the trash can too - just that how big was the bin for a body to be in it - or if the body was somehow placed in the bin how was it that it wasn't partly exposed (some body part outside the bin). The papers didn't say it was dismembered - just thinking was it in bushes or under a tree.

It also maybe that someone had seen it and didn't report it - or didn't dare to report it.

The highway runs above it. It's elevated so when driving 676 the area would be below.

Sometimes homeless people camp there, under 676. Like tents, barbecues ... Like a community.

Very possible someone came across it and didn't report it. Most don't/won't talk to law enforcement.

In my opinion, the dog was probably being walked without a leash and wouldn't leave it's find or brought part of what it found to its owner.

In my opinion, the dog was probably being walked without a leash and wouldn't leave it's find or brought part of what it found to its owner.

And thankfully, the dog owner must be one of a handful of people in that area who would contact the police! I was horrified the last time I drove through Camden. I will not go back. You were very brave to take your Mom on her stroll down memory lane. The Google pictures do not show the town as it is. I am originally from the Bronx, and Camden shocked me.

mjak

And thankfully, the dog owner must be one of a handful of people in that area who would contact the police! I was horrified the last time I drove through Camden. I will not go back. You were very brave to take your Mom on her stroll down memory lane. The Google pictures do not show the town as it is. I am originally from the Bronx, and Camden shocked me.

mjak

I am still chuckling over "grass" and when I tried to tell my husband I could barely choke out "mow" ... I succumbed into a fit of giggles.

And really... There is not a darn thing funny about it. Its a horrifying & terrifying place that unless you've been there... The magnitude really can not be comprehended. It's hard to believe it exists in this country. It's hard to believe it hasn't been bombed... Visually, it appears as if it had been... Repeatedly.

Mow the grass? Lmao! There are so many vacant lots that look like trash filled jungles!
The only time those lots are cleaned up at all is when some outside organization with volunteers goes and collects trash. given the sheer volume of areas, it's not very often.. And most never get done. The number of abandoned, boarded up and burned out homes are too many to count. Once in awhile there's an influx of cash from somewhere and a few houses get raised.
No one is going a notice a trash can, standing up, laying down or otherwise.
If you look up tax records you'll see countless abandoned house& lots.

I'm only going by what I see on Google maps...I'm in Virginia, not in Jersey, so I see grass in a photo that was taken in July 2012 and I assumed the city had a maintenance crew to mow that grassy lot as most cities do. It's just sad to know that somebody's loved one lay in a trashcan for a year and nobody paid any attention.

I'm only going by what I see on Google maps...I'm in Virginia, not in Jersey, so I see grass in a photo that was taken in July 2012 and I assumed the city had a maintenance crew to mow that grassy lot as most cities do. It's just sad to know that somebody's loved one lay in a trashcan for a year and nobody paid any attention.

Please don't think I was making fun at your expense. I wasn't. I'm sorry if I offended you!
There are plenty of ( vast majority) of people where I live (30 minutes away) have never been there or wouldn't be caught dead there now. they wouldn't know either...and they live here in NJ

Please don't think I was making fun at your expense. I wasn't. I'm sorry if I offended you!
There are plenty of ( vast majority) of people where I live (30 minutes away) have never been there or wouldn't be caught dead there now. they wouldn't know either...and they live here in NJ

It just breaks my heart to know that he was thrown away as if he was a piece of trash. Somebody loved him. He was somebody's son...somebody's relative...somebody's friend.

It just breaks my heart to know that he was thrown away as if he was a piece of trash. Somebody loved him. He was somebody's son...somebody's relative...somebody's friend.

It is absolutly horrible. Not to long ago I took a train with my Mom. It runs through that area. I have to tell you we got to what looks like a bombed out third would country and my mom and I both thought we were somehow transported to another country. We could not believe what we were actually in the same state we lived in. This view was only the outskirts of Camden. Driving thru, which I did a few years ago was simply horrifying. It is the saddest thing to see. Any areas that I saw with any sign of grass was heaped over with trash and most of the grass had long since died and been replaced by caked dirt. The poverty is just hearbreaking. The people who live there from what I understand do not trust the police and keep there mouths shut to survive , so I don't hold out much hope for this guy being identified if he is a local. At least anytime soon. Very sad.

I am so saddened by this UID, and the state he was found in but, also that people are too frightened to report to LE or to have anything to do with them - and moreso that they dont trust them - and there are usually reasons for this as well.

Do you think Google has doctored that map because Im surprised by the locals comments that it doesn't look anything like that in reality. If they have, possibly the bin was in view. The map was 2012?
Maybe a street walk might bring something up - the ground photos are different from the satellite ... I just went to Street view and noticed the thick overgrowth along the freeway border and the roads leading to the Freeway - they are also fenced off (in parts) - so maybe he was in a place where there was no easy pedestrian access?

It's sad for me to contemplate that this poor person was abandoned more than once.

I am so saddened by this UID, and the state he was found in but, also that people are too frightened to report to LE or to have anything to do with them - and moreso that they dont trust them - and there are usually reasons for this as well.

Do you think Google has doctored that map because Im surprised by the locals comments that it doesn't look anything like that in reality. If they have, possibly the bin was in view. The map was 2012?
Maybe a street walk might bring something up - the ground photos are different from the satellite ... I just went to Street view and noticed the thick overgrowth along the freeway border and the roads leading to the Freeway - they are also fenced off (in parts) - so maybe he was in a place where there was no easy pedestrian access?

It's sad for me to contemplate that this poor person was abandoned more than once.

As I recall a few years ago some huge political event was scheduled in the general vicinity. prior to this one could not travel to Philadelphia from my area via the Ben Franklin bridge or the Walt Whitman bridge without passing sleezy motels and street walking prostitutes on Admiral Wilson Blvd. All of that was ripped down and an effort was made to make that drive through area presentable to tourists. Making the trip from Cherry Hill area nice hotels to center City Philadelphia a visually acceptable one.

All of that to say... I honestly do not know how or why those areas on google look the way they do. But the reality is FAR from those images.

Perhaps google put out a schedule and the city used prison labor to clean it up...? All I know is cleaned up areas do not stay in that condition.

Years ago, I even participated in a few clean ups and once with another group cultivated a few empty lots and turned them into vegetable gardens. Nothing was maintained, appreciated or used and it didn't take long to become trash piles and overgrown weed filled garbage strewn disgusting areas again.

I pray they can find out who this victim is and he is given a proper burial.

As I recall a few years ago some huge political event was scheduled in the general vicinity. prior to this one could not travel to Philadelphia from my area via the Ben Franklin bridge or the Walt Whitman bridge without passing sleezy motels and street walking prostitutes on Admiral Wilson Blvd. All of that was ripped down and an effort was made to make that drive through area presentable to tourists. Making the trip from Cherry Hill area nice hotels to center City Philadelphia a visually acceptable one.

All of that to say... I honestly do not know how or why those areas on google look the way they do. But the reality is FAR from those images.

Perhaps google put out a schedule and the city used prison labor to clean it up...? All I know is cleaned up areas do not stay in that condition.

Years ago, I even participated in a few clean ups and once with another group cultivated a few empty lots and turned them into vegetable gardens. Nothing was maintained, appreciated or used and it didn't take long to become trash piles and overgrown weed filled garbage strewn disgusting areas again.

Camden looks like a bombed out city!
Its dangerous and horrible you do not drive thru Camden!

No matter how they try to clean it up nothing works the poverty there is staggering. Shame the Aquarium in there! The waterfront is nice but sadly its Camden nj

When my kids got their drivers license one of the first things I told them was to never drive thru Camden to get to philly got thru cherry hill!

I was doing my Google street view search near Interstate 676, and along Morgan Boulevard and Broadway - and couldn't see any bins - but Im not exactly sure where the UID was found - but along the road to the freeway I came across lots of trash bags - but also this...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1895&pictureid=16717

picture.php

What does it look like to you? Anything or nothing?
The Google Map is 2012

I see a face. A deceased person seems to be lying in the bushes. I have drawn what I see beside the face, which is circled.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 81
That really does seem as though there is a dark outline of a body below the face too. Is it possible google has captured a deceased person lying there, and has that person been found, if so? There doesn't seem to be any trash can there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back