NJ NJ- Christopher Thomas, 16, Honor Student, Randomly Shot by Stranger w. 'Rocky H P Show Makeup', Rockaway Townsquare Mall, 1 Oct '82, *New Initiative*

''Oct 4, 2022
October 1st marked forty years since Christopher Thomas was fatally shot at the Rockaway Mall. This past Saturday, the Thomas family & friends, the Morris Catholic High School community, and Morris County Law Enforcement, gathered in remembrance of Christopher. An increase to the reward for information helping solve this crime was also announced. ''

I read that most murders trace back to greed ( Robbery), jealousy or vengeance. I suppose one might at a purely random act to that list however, I wonder how many times something can be considered truly random? I think robbery is out as a motive and with that are most of the options for this being a random attack. Jealousy and vengeance would indicate that the killer knew, in some aspect, the victim. The only other thing that makes sense is that the perpetrator was set off by something. Maybe he saw the girl that Christopher was with and became overcome by jealousy etc. This, to me, indicates someone unhinged. I wonder if LE has a good idea who did this but never enough evidence to bring charges? I wonder if they recovered a bullet or shell casing? I did not see what type/caliber of gun was used. I assume that if there was anything to test, LE did so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back