NJ NJ - Mark Himebaugh, 11, Del Haven, Cape May County, 25 Nov 1991

Archived news article from 1991:

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/archive-story-nov-middle-twp-boy-missing-hundreds-help-with/article_c1e34362-02ef-11e4-9970-001a4bcf887a.html

With only a sneaker and footprints as clues, more than 100 volunteers and police searched Tuesday for an 11-year-old Del Haven boy missing since Monday afternoon.

Mark Himebaugh of Sun Ray Road was last seen at home by his mother, Maureen, around 3:15 p.m. He was due home by dark for dinner and for a planned visit to a friend's home with his family.

"As time goes on it gets scarier and scarier," said Maureen Himebaugh, sitting near a photograph of her son while wringing her hands in her lap. "I just want Mark to come home."

37c6bca4-8429-4776-96db-e54c87c29aac_zps40171159.png

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/n...elease-age-progressed-photo-of-himebaugh.html

Middle Township police have released an age-progressed photo of Mark Himebaugh that suggests how the missing man would appear today at 34 years old.

I always believed this was a stranger abduction and the prostitute talking about the man who made the sex tape with Mark seems to me to be the most viable explanation. The man did admit to planting the sneaker on the beach and there were supposedly footprints on the tide line, but they may have been made with the one sneaker to throw off the investigators to think that Mark drowned. No body washed up, so I think that is not what happened. I would think that the man did abduct him and abuse him and unfortunately murder him shortly afterwards. I feel so bad for the family because it must be hard for them for so many years with no information. I of course, hope I am wrong, and that he turns up safe somewhere. But that suspect, the sex tape and admission are very disturbing and I hope they press that suspect and prostitute for more information

I always believed this was a stranger abduction and the prostitute talking about the man who made the sex tape with Mark seems to me to be the most viable explanation. The man did admit to planting the sneaker on the beach and there were supposedly footprints on the tide line, but they may have been made with the one sneaker to throw off the investigators to think that Mark drowned. No body washed up, so I think that is not what happened. I would think that the man did abduct him and abuse him and unfortunately murder him shortly afterwards. I feel so bad for the family because it must be hard for them for so many years with no information. I of course, hope I am wrong, and that he turns up safe somewhere. But that suspect, the sex tape and admission are very disturbing and I hope they press that suspect and prostitute for more information

I remember seeing his missing flyers when I was a kid. It always stuck with me. I was surprised to find out his possible kidnapper lived the same county as me. I looked up the child molester mentioned in the article in the PA court dockets and it looks like he is, or at least was locked up as of 2012.

"Law enforcement agencies join to renew focus on Himebaugh cold case"

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/law-enforcement-agencies-join-to-renew-focus-on-himebaugh-cold/article_72a15f3e-08a5-11e5-921c-0b11320f2165.html

Himebaugh was a freckle-faced, redheaded 11-year-old when he was last seen on Nov. 25, 1991.

He had been interested in a brush fire near his Sunray Beach Road home after arriving home from school at 2:30 p.m. that day, and had been spotted about an hour later by four teenagers and a local couple on Delaware Avenue, a street that runs parallel to the Delaware Bay beachfront, Middle Township Police Chief Christopher Leusner said.

Cops Hope Releasing Tip Call Could Help Find Mark Himebaugh, Who Went Missing in 1991
06/08/2015 AT 02:40 PM EDT

snip
Police are looking for the man who phoned in a tip about Mark Himebaugh, a New Jersey boy who went missing in 1991 – and hasn't been seen since.

Authorities are just now releasing a recording of the 2010 call to the public in an attempt to identify the anonymous caller, who simply refers to himself as "the son of the witness" to the then 11-year-old's disappearance, according to NBC Philadelphia.

In the call, the man identified the name of a potential suspect: Gilbert Patrick Marie.

But nothing ever came of the mysterious call, so police are making it available to the public with the hopes of gleaning new information about the 24-year-old disappearance.

"We're hoping that over the years that have passed, maybe somebody can either recognize the voice or the name," McClure added.

Check the link for the recording of the phone call.

Do you have an article that talks about the man admitting to planting the sneaker? Is this the same guy referenced in the 1993 article above?

It sounds to me like he could have said the guy's last name was Murray or several other similar sounding last names aside from "Marie".

I hope this is the year his family gets closure. Heartbreaking.

I agree, it might not be "Marie" at all. The man does have an accent so it could be "Morrie" or something else. Also, it kinda seems like the name could be "Gilbert, Patrick M"...as in last name comma first. I'm sure LE has already thought of all these variations but that was the first thing that popped into my head. Gilbert Patrick would be a very unusual first and middle name combo. Gilbert sounds more like a last name

"Sex offender is 'person of interest' in missing N.J. boy cold case, police say"

http://www.nj.com/cape-may-county/index.ssf/2015/06/sex_offender_is_person_of_interest_in_missing_nj_b.html

In an attempt to solve a decades old cold case of a missing South Jersey boy, authorities have released a sketch showing a "person of interest."

The sketch resembles Thomas Butcavage Jr., who became associated with the Mark Himebaugh case in February of 1993, according to Middle Township Police Chief Christopher Leusner.

"He was a person of interest and continues to be one," said Leusner, noting Butcavage was not the only person being looked at in connection with the boy's disappearance.

Cops Hope Releasing Tip Call Could Help Find Mark Himebaugh, Who Went Missing in 1991
06/08/2015 AT 02:40 PM EDT

snip

Check the link for the recording of the phone call.
I just listened to this recording, and read about this case.

I agree - the man's name could be a combination therof.

I am going to search some combinations of names and see if I can hit on pipl in that general area of where the witness' son called from.

Presumably the witness is the abductors girlfriend.

More publicity in this case may get the witness' son to feel like calling in again.

December 27th was date of the call at 3:45 a.m. The poor son probably has many sleepless nights over what he knows. Maybe he will come forward and set himself and others free?

Jmo

There is a Gilbert Patrick Marie *advertiser censored***** that lived in Colonial Manor NJ. That appears to be an hour north of Delaware Bay. I need to pinpoint where the phone call was made from as well

Sheesh! It isn't hard to figure out he is saying, "Gilbert Patrick Murray" (he pronounced it mur-RAY instead of Mur-ree) If LE cannot figure that much out then it is no wonder this child's disappearance has not been solved. smh Should someone bother to call and tell them?

Witness Tells Police He Saw Person of Interest Sexually Assault Missing NJ Boy

WARNING: The details of this story are graphic and may be disturbing to some readers

Coll is a former prostitute who claims Thomas Butcavage Jr. was a frequent client of his. Butcavage, a convicted sex offender, is one of several persons of interest in the disappearance of 11-year-old Mark Himebaugh in 1991. Some people who knew Butcavage believe there’s a strong resemblance between him and the sketch of a man spotted talking with Himebaugh shortly before he vanished near his Middle Township, New Jersey home.

Missing Since Nov. 25, 1991, Mom, Police Never Quit Search for Mark Himebaugh

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/news/article_3f0acbe8-9382-11e5-8511-a7f7e0a00430.html

Twenty four years ago today, Mark Himebaugh, 11, went missing. His mother, Maureen Himebaugh, has not seen him since about 2:30 p.m. Nov. 25, 1991.

Countless hours of manpower have been expended in an effort to locate him to no avail.

County Prosecutor Robert Taylor and FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard Frankel both committed resources to the joint effort.

Neither has Maureen Himebaugh given up hope to find her son. Living in the same house with the same phone number, she wants to be sure Mark can find his way home. To this day she carries a troll doll she found that he was going to give her. Its impish face continued to smile over almost a quarter century, keeping alive the hope that mother and son will be reunited.

24 years later, Middle Township’s search for Mark Himebaugh continues

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back