NJ NJ - Mark Himebaugh, 11, Del Haven, Cape May County, 25 Nov 1991

I thought maybe he sank in the marsh as well, but that wouldn't explain the sneaker on the beach. More likely something happened on the beach and whoever was involved hid his body in the marsh. It would be long decomposed by now.

I thought maybe he sank in the marsh as well, but that wouldn't explain the sneaker on the beach. More likely something happened on the beach and whoever was involved hid his body in the marsh. It would be long decomposed by now.
I don’t have a theory on where his body could be but I do believe he was abducted

Hi

seems very possible

The UID actually resembles Mark a bit, but the height is really off? That would give me pause. He was 4 ft 6 when he went missing, and between 5 ft 6 and 5 ft 10 ? The UID was believed to have died in 1987-1991, found Nov 1992. Mark disappeared in Nov 1991. That's not much time to grow at least a foot, and become skeletal remains....?

Sneakers could be replaced, obviously.

I tried to contact Butcavage twice in prison. He actually blocked me on the new PA prison email system. I wrote him a letter using Jpay a year or two ago and asked about Mark. He didn't respond. This time he flat out blocked me. I couldn't even write a letter. I don't know if that implies guilt or annoyance. If I use regular mail is that harassment?

Ohhh girl, not sure if you still post or read here, but that takes some guts. Bless you. I've always been inclined to believe Coll. A prostitute that although came to tell about the tape because he was sick he still told on that tricks ***. If it wasn't Mark in the tape there's some other poor, poor child brutally harmed if not deceased.

The call in the AM from the phone booth in Port Richmond still gets me. What kind of name is that? Gilbert Patrick Marie? Unless use only two of those names and look in NJ. Odd.

Never, ever forget about Mark or his family. Makes the trip to Cape May sad.

Ohhh girl, not sure if you still post or read here, but that takes some guts. Bless you. I've always been inclined to believe Coll. A prostitute that although came to tell about the tape because he was sick he still told on that tricks ***. If it wasn't Mark in the tape there's some other poor, poor child brutally harmed if not deceased.

The call in the AM from the phone booth in Port Richmond still gets me. What kind of name is that? Gilbert Patrick Marie? Unless use only two of those names and look in NJ. Odd.

I just remember the fliers of Mark everywhere. I think reporting a john takes guts. Men like Butcavage probably assume that prostitutes either won't be believed or that they won't be shocked and they can share their deep dark secrets with them. If you are showing a video of someone being abused sex workers identify more with the abused than the abuser.

There is a man in prison in PA that was the primary suspect in Marks disappearance, supposedly a male prostitute who frequented him stated the individual in question, once showed him a video that contained Himebaugh , he confirmed it was him and that he abducted him, then reportedly told the Male prostitute, he had abducted and "disposed of" other young boys as well

I havent heard anything else pertaining to the inmate and Mark Himebaugh

I’m a little skeptical as to the legitimacy of the phone call made from port Richmond. I’m from Philadelphia and first that part of the city is pretty run down by drugs and homelessness... 2nd the call was made at 3 something in the morning. The only people who who be out at the time in that area are addicts and homeless ppl. 3rd the way he pronounces the last name sounds like someone reading a name (also possibly why Gilbert Patrick sounds backwards) Murray. I’m calling bs on this guy

His mom and family deserve answers. I will never forget seeing his face on missing person flyer. Thomas Butcavage Jr. seemed to be taken seriously as a suspect. I tried writing to him, he didn't respond. It would be nice if they could rule someone like him in or out as a suspect. Butcavage I think drove through that area on his way home from work. He lived in PA not far from where I grew up. Would that be weird for Butcavage to show a young prostitute a video of him raping a child. Marks picture was all over Philadelphia. Maybe he felt that a prostitute wouldn't be believed or just didn't count so he was okay to confess too. Could there have been a sex ring in the area?

Mark Himebaugh

"Missing since Thanksgiving 30 years ago"

November 24, 2021

Mark Himebaugh
was born on May 23, 1980, and has been classified as an emotionally disturbed child who may have obsessive-compulsive disorder. He was known to have frequent tantrums and outbursts. However, his tantrums and outbursts had improved leading up to the days before his disappearance.

On Thanksgiving day in 1991 at approximately 4:00 pm was the last time Mark will ever be seen by his family for the next 30 years. ad already become missing.

Mark Himebaugh

Last edited by a moderator:
Ana Garcia of True Crime Daily just did a Podcast in regards to Mark's disappearance.

It got a little emotional when Ana interviewed Mark's mom. Ana worked out of Philly at the time. She interviewed Mark's mom early on. She has never not thought of them when Thanksgiving approaches.

Sad. Awful. ****. Breaks your heart.

I’m a little skeptical as to the legitimacy of the phone call made from port Richmond. I’m from Philadelphia and first that part of the city is pretty run down by drugs and homelessness... 2nd the call was made at 3 something in the morning. The only people who who be out at the time in that area are addicts and homeless ppl. 3rd the way he pronounces the last name sounds like someone reading a name (also possibly why Gilbert Patrick sounds backwards) Murray. I’m calling bs on this guy

Yeah I'd call BS on it too. However why would an addict or homeless person do that? Not saying they wouldn't since it's an 800 type thing, but they called Jersey cops as well.

Me? I'm hearing a SW accent. Swear he's saying "Moretti". That Gilbert don't match up with that lady name.

Yeah Castor and Richmond ten years back ain't like it is now. Have to agree with you though I doubt this dude grew a conscience.

BS it is. JMO

I cant speak as to the legitimacy of the claims made by a former male prostitute, nor would I say it were a reliable source, but remember that he went immediately to police after reportedly witnessing a video ......not something you see people involved in illicit criminal activities do often ....

That usually only happens for few reasons..they don't want to be implicated, revenge, or they are scared

What I can tell you about is the inmate in question

He is a registered sex offender, hes been mentioned in this case for years, currently serving a 37 year sentence on multiple child molestation, possession and distribution of child *advertiser censored* charges

More than 1 who know him harbor suspicions concerning the Himebaugh case, (in some cases, others) the problem is the lack of evidence to tie said individual to it

Hes been on the FBI's radar since 1993 , and he matches the composite from that time of a man seen riding around the area where Mark dissppeared from

Heres some factors to be considered in child abduction homicides

-The offender is usually in the area for a legitimate reason at the time of the abduction, IE they live work or traverse that area pretty regularly.. This POI reportedly had family in the area near where Mark was last seen

-If you were to pool a large percent of those who know them they are usualy descdibed as odd, most often loners, some refer to them as "Social Marginals"

-The offender IS NOT out actively searching for a victim, the common perception is these are monsters out looking for a victim, that is rarely the case, they are usually engaged in some kind of daily congress and come upon a lone victim by chance and impulsively act

-The motive is overwhelmingly sexual, and is often reflected in the offenders criminal history, and the majority of them have a history of relocation demonstrating such. About 88% have moved to the area of the abduction within a year prior to the event

-Most of these offender types live with parents, or family, in fewer cases, they were married

-The majority of abduction killers of children work in unskilled, or semi skilled positions usually in some type of construction

-May be unemployed or underemployed at the time

-Offender usually isn't under any type of custody status (Parole/Probation etc..) at the time of offense

-The victim is chosen simply due to the lack of an adult presence , physical characteristics play little to no role in their selection (time/place/alone)

-The offender usually has a criminal history involving crimes of a sexual nature though they may not have been prosecuted for them. Its not uncommon when an arrest is made to find these types have been questioned in other cases, before but never prosecuted

-Precipitating stress events do not figure into Child abductions/homicides as much as they do for adults , IE in these cases, they aren't usually triggered and out looking to take out their anger on a victim , they are primarily sex/perversion driven

-Most child abductions occur less than .4 Mi from the child's home or where they are staying

-Physical attack is the most common means used to subdue the victim, followed by use of ruse/con

-A vehicle is used, in almost 99% of Child abduction/Homicides (teach your kids to NEVER approach a vehicle, and to fight like hell to get out of one if put into one, if not teach them how to disable the vehicle if they cant get out , the key is that they are not taken away)

-The Victim is usually transported greater than 1 mile from the abduction site

-The most heartbreaking factor is that in most abduction/murders of kids the victim is killed within 30-90 minutes after they have been abducted , however the overwhelming majority of cases, were reported by family members usually within 2-3 hours, after thae abduction has already taken place , therefore in most cases, the child is already deceased before they were even discovered to be missing .... Time is always of the essence in abductions

-Ill compress this to make it a little easier to understand , because it gets technical , the offender is often stressed having just abducted the victim, and they know the clock is ticking, therefore they usually take the victim somewhere they are comfortable, somewhere they know they wont be seen.

-In most cases, this is a secluded area they know well, in cases, where you are dealing with a serial offender it may be the offenders home or a property they have access, to.

-They sexual assault and murder often occur within a short time frame of each other, (barring cases, of serial predators) but in some cases, there are separate scenes, the victim is often killed and left in the same area , the reason, is that its easier for them to move a live victim, who often believes, they are going to be let go.

In Most case, the victim is dispatched, to avoid leaving a living witness (again they usually live in the area where they abducted the child and may be recognized) , to a lesser extent the victim is killed in order to fill a psychological need.

There's a common spatial factor in these cases of 200 feet , in which 97% of cases, the victims body recovery site, and the murder scene are within 200 feet of each other, often one and the same .

-Bindings are a very importent consideration in child abduction homicides , bindings are found in about 65% abduction homicides, the presence of bindings in older victims is not uncommon, as they are often needed to means to restrain an older stronger victim. However in about 85% of cases, in which a child victim was bound, the offender either committed prior (most often) or subsequent murders.

-In cases, of very young victims, the use of bindings, becomes less about a need to restrain a victim and more about the bondage interests of the offender, therefore if you have a child victim, primarily a smaller weaker victim, with the presence of bindings theres a very high likelihood you are dealing with a serial killer.

-The recidivism rate of child sex offenders is the highest of any given criminal category, (as if this is news) however, of all the criminal types an individual who has successfully abducted and murdered a child victim without being apprehended, has the HIGHEST propensity to become a serial offender , though their subsequent crimes may fall short of murder, (rape, child molestation etc..) thats up to the offender, and sometimes, they continue to kill, and their victims may not be limited only to children

There have been cases, where sexual killers of kids , have gone on to become serial killers of adult victims.

In short Sexual homicide in any form, is an open door to serial murder it all depends on the offender.

Now , If the above mentioned informant was truthful and did indeed see Himebaugh restrained you need to consider you have an individual who abducted this victim, who knows what else , but also recorded the event in order to re-live it , and if hes being truthful, this behavior is more indulgent (Psychopathic) than impulsive (Sociopathic) you have to consider that this individual may be, and probably is responsible for other crimes

Again if it really happened at all

Sorry for the book

Last edited:
Oh I believe "the prostitute". Despise calling him that. His name is out there. Just feels safer not to say. I've known a number of male prostitutes. These tricks are what they are. You do alot of strange for change. When it comes to children? No! No! No! Obviously a huge number of them were assaulted as kids. They'll go give a statement Pronto they see that.

It's the phone caller from the payphone we question. Why that hour? Why Port Richmond? Why that name? Several of us Philly natives hear different things.

No matter why? Set somebody up?

Oh I believe "the prostitute". Despise calling him that. His name is out there. Just feels safer not to say. I've known a number of male prostitutes. These tricks are what they are. You do alot of strange for change. When it comes to children? No! No! No! Obviously a huge number of them were assaulted as kids. They'll go give a statement Pronto they see that.

It's the phone caller from the payphone we question. Why that hour? Why Port Richmond? Why that name? Several of us Philly natives hear different things.

No matter why? Set somebody up?

Born and raised in Philly myself , still call it home, Ive heard a few different things , I have even seen the individual in question in prison.

Not sure which phone calls you are referring to however.

Bumping again for Mark. I didn't know much about his case until I listened to a podcast called The Unfound. There is also a book that has been written called Where is Mark? that was written by a former police officer in the county. This officer is interviewed on The Unfound podcast, which is extremely interesting.

This case just gnaws at me. I hope they find concrete evidence to nail whoever was responsible for his disappearance so his family can have closure once and for all.

Was surprised and excited to learn there had been a book published about the case. Read it on my kindle this week. Where’s Mark by Rich Mchale. It was….shocking to say the least. I now have a different theory of what happened to Mark but I’m not going to say it here as I’m not sure if it’s against the rules. I’d strongly recommend the book.

Hoping the book brings more awareness to Mark and gives someone the courage to speak out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendabernice
Back