NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

“How Long Does It Take to Die From Sepsis?

When treatment or medical intervention is missing, sepsis is a leading cause of death, more significant than breast cancer, lung cancer, or heart attack. Research shows that the condition can kill an affected person in as little as 12 hours. Being empowered with the correct information to notice the tell-tale signs and receive immediate treatment could save a life.
(…)
While most people recover from mild sepsis, the mortality rate for septic shock is approximately 40%”

I had no idea it could act this quickly? IMO I assumed it would take far far longer than that. There is more on the page that discusses infants, seniors and those with compromised immune systems are most at risk, of course. Correct me if I’m wrong.. I don’t recall hearing any chronic illness health issues with Corey (other than ongoing suspected abuse) MOO

Sepsis comes from an infection. Where was the infection? An inflection would show up on blood tests, a very high white blood cell count.

I think that is the only argument they can make. And jury would have to ignore the blunt force trauma injuries. I guess the defense will try to argue that the injuries where done by Jersey Shore medical staff, but good luck with that. I am sure the hospital might have some issues...on that.

Is it possible CG was not directly responsible for his son's death? A lot of things are "possible". A meteor falling on my house is possible, but common sense tells me not likely. I hope those jurors have common sense. Too many things/evidence point to CG, his past abuse of Corey, and the argument with Breanna the day Corey died in his care, etc. imo

Sepsis comes from an infection. Where was the infection? An inflection would show up on blood tests, a very high white blood cell count.

I think that is the only argument they can make. And jury would have to ignore the blunt force trauma injuries. I guess the defense will try to argue that the injuries where done by Jersey Shore medical staff, but good luck with that. I am sure the hospital might have some issues...on that.

Is it possible CG was not directly responsible for his son's death? A lot of things are "possible". A meteor falling on my house is possible, but common sense tells me not likely. I hope those jurors have common sense. Too many things/evidence point to CG, his past abuse of Corey, and the argument with Breanna the day Corey died in his care, etc. imo
BBM : Didn't Corey have normal blood work the night before??

Corey’s mother, Breanna Micciolo, 27, alarmed about the number of bruises she saw on Corey’s body, had spent the previous night with her son at a pediatrician’s office and at two hospitals. Other than the bruises and contusions, however, they had found nothing wrong with Corey. Micciolo, who shared joint custody of Corey with Gregor, last saw her son alive the next morning, when she dropped him off at the apartment where he lived with his father.

IMO Even the way the original autopsy reads (in my non-doctor opinion)is that the primary cause of death was Blunt force trauma, with the inflammation and sepsis (IMO) seemingly resultant from the trauma to the heart and liver.

So right now jurors have 2 medical examiners stating COD blunt force trauma.. although one acknowledged an infection occurred, the other denied any infection.

For the right price, you can get an expert to say anything. We’ll see how much this defense expert will muddy things up.

Outside of the dueling experts, the reddest flag for me is CG immediately fleeing the state after, which screams consciousness of guilt.

I thought that CG had googled about white blood cell count but this was what I found re:google searches. I don’t understand what he means by “the blood sugar in white blood cells”.

The next day, Gregor searched topics such as what would cause a rise in blood sugar in white blood cells and if internal bleeding could raise your blood sugar level, as well as wondering how gastrointestinal bleeding is caused and if such a bleed can be slow.”

BBM : I'd hardly say that a child being covered in bruises wasn't traumatic ( not life threatening at that time but certainly traumatic in my book IMO )

I'm well aware of what a Medical Examiners job is.

Yep you keep posting the same paragraph over & over, I'm asking for evidence of sepsis!

Good he might be able to explain these searches done by him.

If Cory died of natural causes ( ie sepsis ) why all the google searches by dad?

March 25th 2021 @ 9:36pm " Will red marks turn into bruises?"

April 1st 2021 @ 8:43 pm " Neptune non emergency police"

April 1st 2021 @ 8:49 pm " Jersey Shore medical centre"

April 2nd 2021 @ 3:08 pm " lost consciousness, sleepy & nauseous - google search"

April 2nd 2021 @ 6:10 pm " Can your phone be tracked in airplane mode?"

April 2nd 2021 @ 6:10 pm " Can my car be tracked?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 3:14 pm " What causes a rise in blood sugar & white blood cells?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 3:55 pm " Could internal bleeding raise your blood sugar levels?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 3:56 pm " How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 4:28 pm " How does gastrointestinal bleeding how pung ( long? ) to die?"

April 3rd 2021 @ 6:55 pm " Can a GI bleed be slow?"

April 4th 2021 @ searchers for Mcghee Tyson Airport

April 4th 2021 @ 9:58 am " there was a murder determined from an autopsy , how long to file charges?"

NOTE : Not one word about sepsis but lots about .......maybe injuries? ;)

I thought that CG had googled about white blood cell count but this was what I found re:google searches. I don’t understand what he means by “the blood sugar in white blood cells”.

The next day, Gregor searched topics such as what would cause a rise in blood sugar in white blood cells and if internal bleeding could raise your blood sugar level, as well as wondering how gastrointestinal bleeding is caused and if such a bleed can be slow.”

Above is his google searchers from a previous post of mine

If that’s from dailymail, they often get quotes wrong in their articles. That doesn’t make much sense about blood sugar in white blood cells.

4/3/21 3:14pm
What causes a rise in blood sugar in** white blood cells

4/3/21 3:55pm
Could internal bleeding raise your blood sugar levels

4/3/21 3:56pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen

4/3/21 4:28pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding how pong to die

4/3/21 6:55pm
Can a gastrointestinal bleed be slow

==================
Those are from my transcription.
To be fair I ALSO THOUGHT he said **AND and not IN. (Sugar levels in white blood cells doesn't make a lick of sense so I fixed it to make sense even though that's not what he said.)

But then again, Christopher clearly didn't take much human physiology so that's why his search is so weird. Or, if he did a VOICE search, possibly he was actually saying AND??

"What causes a rise in blood sugar & white blood cells " <------- would be a somewhat legitimate search.

Either way, I know this has been raised before but I am very suspicious as to why on 4/3 at 3pm he is searching such terms. The autopsy started on the 3rd. Was there info being relayed to Christopher from NJ somehow? Especially since David Gregor had clearly summoned LE on the 2nd to the hospital about the "unintended/unattended death " (mentioned and admitted to in proffer but never mentioned to jury.)

I find it odd that this meathead Christopher would know to look up
Gastrointestinal bleeding
White blood cells

Unless someone was giving him a play by play. MOO.

Edited: meathead, not meat-eater!!!! Autocorrect

Last edited:
The more we think about it....

A "highly esteemed" doctor saying that pneumonia/infection/sepsis would be the cause or connected with a laceration on the heart and liver, and contusion of the liver.... is simply laughable.

Also, the timeline of 4/2, the day of little Corey's tragic death.

8:36am: Corey brought to apartment of Christopher. Audio of Corey talking, He was able to walk himself into Christopher's apartment.
========
TEXTS:
8:36am to Marci
She just dropped him off

8:57am Marci to Christopher
Yeah that's pretty bad. Is he alright?

9:05am to Marci
Yeah
======================
Christopher says to Marci that Corey is alright at 9:05am & again to Amy at 9:55am
========================
9:54am Amy to Christopher
He's ok though, right?

9:55am to Amy
Yeahhh
========================

11:53am to Marci
Well since I took off from work and my son is sleeping, I'm just hanging out. How about you?
========≈===============
By 11:53am, Christopher claims Corey is asleep.

So ......
What happened between 9:54am and 11:53am???? THAT IS MY QUESTION.

ALSO Between 9 and noon: Breanna says in an interview there is a neighbor of Christopher who says they saw Corey walking the dog in the morning. (WHY HAS THIS PERSON NOT BEEN CALLED!)

At some point, Christopher also ordered McDonald's delivery. Was this no contact delivery? Did a driver see Christopher in person? Did he hear Corey inside the apartment, excited for a happy meal (which was found in the trashcan)?

2:06pm- selfie with pale Corey "sleeping" sent to Marci
Don't think I'm moving soon

2:13pm to Marci
Want to talk on the phone?

3:22pm to Marci
I'm sooo excited haha

And by 3:40pm CHRISTOPHER IS CARRYING COREY INTO THE HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM

I am sure Christopher will fill us in on the deets on Friday!
/s
I'm very curious about the timeline as well. Chris seemed to be texting and using the phone alot on April 2nd. He also makes the phone call to the child protective services hotline that morning too.

4/3/21 3:14pm
What causes a rise in blood sugar in** white blood cells

4/3/21 3:55pm
Could internal bleeding raise your blood sugar levels

4/3/21 3:56pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen

4/3/21 4:28pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding how pong to die

4/3/21 6:55pm
Can a gastrointestinal bleed be slow

==================
Those are from my transcription.
To be fair I THOUGHT he said **AND and not IN.

But then again, Christopher clearly didn't take much human physiology so that's why his search is so weird. Or, if he did a VOICE search, possibly he was saying AND??

"What causes a rise in blood sugar & white blood cells " <------- would be a somewhat legitimate search.

Either way, I know this has been raised before but I am very suspicious as to why on 4/3 at 3pm he is searching such terms. The autopsy started on the 3rd. Was there info being relayed to Christopher from NJ somehow? Especially since David Gregor had clearly summoned LE on the 2nd to the hospital about the "unintended/unattended death " (mentioned and admitted to in proffer but never mentioned to jury.)

I find it odd that this meat-eating Christopher would know to look up
Gastrointestinal bleeding
White blood cells

Unless someone was giving him a play by play. MOO.
This was a thought of mine as well and seems probable. Some new information may have prompted him to make those searches and perhaps he misunderstood the person who was relaying the information to him IMO

I'm very curious about the timeline as well
Let's hope team Lento/Schron (prosecutors) are just as curious on Friday "when" Christopher takes the stand!!!! Cuz this washed up abuser/documented assaulter/ man-child has got a LOT of explaining to do!!!

Can you imagine how irritated he will be to have to politely interact with these two? He's already got a snide attitude sitting there.... he jots down notes as if he wants to visually appear as a lawyer instead of the actual defendant. If he does take the stand, I hope Breanna's team will be there to stare at him the ENTIRE TIME.

Also... we saw the visuals of the big portrait of the kid who was stabbed in the Miu case. WHERE IS THE portrait of COREY? I think they need to bring it out as a reminder of why they're all there.

Let's hope team Lento/Schron (prosecutors) are just as curious on Friday "when" Christopher takes the stand!!!! Cuz this washed up abuser/documented assaulter/ man-child has got a LOT of explaining to do!!!

Can you imagine how irritated he will be to have to politely interact with these two? He's already got a snide attitude sitting there.... he jots down notes as if he wants to visually appear as a lawyer instead of the actual defendant. If he does take the stand, I hope Breanna's team will be there to stare at him the ENTIRE TIME.

Also... we saw the visuals of the big portrait of the kid who was stabbed in the Miu case. WHERE IS THE portrait of COREY? I think they need to bring it out as a reminder of why they're all there.
I don't think he will get in the witness box unfortunately ( would love to be proved wrong thou :p )

I don't think he will get in the witness box unfortunately ( would love to be proved wrong thou :p )
I want it, so bad. ..Looking at it dispassionately, ( which is hard to achieve ), Gregor Jnr doesn't have much choice, It seemed to me that Mario, god bless him, thought that Dad Gregor and Mama Gregor would turn the tables, Chris would be repainted as a pillar of the community, upstanding and law abiding, I mean, look at his parents, look at his siblings..... But they both flunked it, so comprehensively,, Dad was too twee with the defence and too aggro with the prosecutor. Mama.. well..Chris shot her out of the water before the bell rang, but even so I don't think Mama would have done much better, she was too invested in propping up the myth of ole Gramps and Gran overseeing everything... it was a hard sell, but no sale.

Mario is now left with Dr Baden to get this runaway train back on track, and that also requires an entire jury to dismiss the treadmill video. A very big ask. That clip showed a man at home with brutalising a small child in a public place. He even left the door to the gym open, the lights were on, he did not care if he was seen, he really thought it was ok,,what he was doing. This is a dark river that jury has to paddle into.

The 'expert' Baden is up against an equally qualified expert in Dr Andrews, and not that I have any medical quals, unlike our esteemed colleague here on websleuths,,it is going to be an uphill battle for Baden to bring home sepsis to the terrible deep bruising on Corey''s back. This finding in the autopsy conjures up horrific and sustained beating, even kicking from behind by a large person on a very small person, or hitting with an object, while the small person is perhaps trying to run away... and no amount of referencing to sepsis is going to cover that.

I'm very curious about the timeline as well. Chris seemed to be texting and using the phone alot on April 2nd. He also makes the phone call to the child protective services hotline that morning too.
That one call to CPS, on that morning, ought to sink his ship entirely. That , to me, is such a consciousness of guilt , he may as well have got a billboard and advertised himself as a killer of children.

Last edited:
It may be me projecting but I get the distinct impression that Mario dreads his client's son getting on the witness stand. ( Gregor Snr hired Mario , not Christopher , one assumes Gregor Snr is paying the bill, and calling the shots ) Mario himself actually encapsulated the entire crime his client's son is accused of, ....

''Mr Gregor was advised, his mother pleaded with him to stop, his father begged him to stop, his mother hung up on him , he rang back, he persisted... and there it is. He Persisted.

Gregor's own father dropped him in it. Asked if he had seen the treadmill clip, Dad says ( this was when the jury was out ) ..' No, I did not want to see the singular time Corey was mistreated'..

In front of the jury, after a session of woodshedding instruction , Dad , asked the same question says, ' No, I did not want to see Corey mistreated '.. ( gone is the reference to a singular occasion, meaning, there was probably more than one ) .

Last edited:
The more we think about it....

A "highly esteemed" doctor saying that pneumonia/infection/sepsis would be the cause or connected with a laceration on the heart and liver, and contusion of the liver.... is simply laughable.

Also, the timeline of 4/2, the day of little Corey's tragic death.

8:36am: Corey brought to apartment of Christopher. Audio of Corey talking, He was able to walk himself into Christopher's apartment.
========
TEXTS:
8:36am to Marci
She just dropped him off

8:57am Marci to Christopher
Yeah that's pretty bad. Is he alright?

9:05am to Marci
Yeah
======================
Christopher says to Marci that Corey is alright at 9:05am & again to Amy at 9:55am
========================
9:54am Amy to Christopher
He's ok though, right?

9:55am to Amy
Yeahhh
========================

11:53am to Marci
Well since I took off from work and my son is sleeping, I'm just hanging out. How about you?
========≈===============
By 11:53am, Christopher claims Corey is asleep.

So ......
What happened between 9:54am and 11:53am???? THAT IS MY QUESTION.

ALSO Between 9 and noon: Breanna says in an interview there is a neighbor of Christopher who says they saw Corey walking the dog in the morning. (WHY HAS THIS PERSON NOT BEEN CALLED!)

At some point, Christopher also ordered McDonald's delivery. Was this no contact delivery? Did a driver see Christopher in person? Did he hear Corey inside the apartment, excited for a happy meal (which was found in the trashcan)?

2:06pm- selfie with pale Corey "sleeping" sent to Marci
Don't think I'm moving soon

2:13pm to Marci
Want to talk on the phone?

3:22pm to Marci
I'm sooo excited haha

And by 3:40pm CHRISTOPHER IS CARRYING COREY INTO THE HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM

I am sure Christopher will fill us in on the deets on Friday!
/s

Ultimately, any death is due to the failure of cardiovascular system, or respiratory system, or "unknown which one first". Drowning, for example - it doesn't mean that the fact of drowning itself should be neglected. Same here, he could have died of respiratory failure, but laceration or beating can never be negated. The father killed him.

I hope not. And I think it was Dr Andrews that said scans of a deceased person might not be reliable to confirm pneumonia in this case. And you have sepsis left. Can you get beginning of sepsis after blunt force trauma to organs after 4-5, 9 hours? And not shown on previous blood work?
I have no clue whether blunt-force trauma could trigger sepsis, but I have my doubts.

MOO, but I don't think the expert will try to assert that. From what I've read and heard, he's going to assert the visible organ damage was a result of sepsis that resulted from pneumonia.

And, as far as I know, that scenario is a medical possibility, which is why I wonder if his testimony will plant doubt in the minds of one or more jurors.

So, I'm picturing a scenario (JMOO) whereby a renowned expert comes in and gives the jury an alternate explanation for that organ damage--one that is backed by medical science.

What bothers me a bit about Dr. Andrew is that he didn't make his determination solely on the autopsy evidence. I wish he would/could have. But, they showed him the treadmill video--and (MOO) that might have colored his professional opinion.

We know Corey didn't die from injuries obtained in the treadmill video, but it did set the stage for CG to be considered an abuser. He is an abuser.

But, I think Dr. Andrew should have rendered his opinion solely on the reports he obtained from the autopsy.

That one call to CPS, on that morning, ought to sink his ship entirely. That , to me, is such a consciousness of guilt , he may as well have got a billboard and advertised himself as a killer of children.
I really want to know who CG's friends were at CPS that kept ignoring the 100 calls Breanna made to them. AND the judge that denied custody to Breanna on that last day. I think they were also responsible for ignoring abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX