GUILTY NM - Gary & Linda Haas, both 61, killed by escapee, Quay County, 2 Aug 2010

Now that they are linked to the burnt bodies found near Santa Rosa, NM, we have two threads going. This is very sad for the couple from Oklahoma and their dogs.

Good gosh, are you serious? So, they DID commit murder since they escaped? Lovely. I know the cops are probably doing all they can to catch these monsters..but maybe going above and beyond would be good..

Good gosh, are you serious? So, they DID commit murder since they escaped? Lovely. I know the cops are probably doing all they can to catch these monsters..but maybe going above and beyond would be good..

Unfortunately it doesn't look good.
"New Mexico State Police spokesman Peter Olson said Tracy Province, John McCluskey and Casslyn Welch were linked through forensics but he declined to provide specifics."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/0...ked-murder-new-mexico-couple/?test=latestnews

I'm sure LE is working 'above and beyond'. When I drove from CO to TX, as I was moving, I was shocked at how much empty land, desolate really, that would make it possible for someone to hide for long periods of time. I do hope they are caught swiftly. Until then, there is no telling where they may be, what resources they have or whom if anyone, is helping them.

Escaped Inmates Linked to Couple's Murder
Updated: Saturday, 07 Aug 2010, 8:35 PM MDT
Published : Saturday, 07 Aug 2010, 7:21 PM MDT

PAYSON, Ariz. - A couple found murdered earlier this week may be victims of escaped Arizona inmates John McCluskey and Tracy Province.

Two bodies believed to be Gary and Linda Haas of Oklahoma were found in their burned-out trailer near Santa Rosa, N.M. on Thursday.

On Saturday night, U.S. Marshals said that the escaped inmates from Arizona have been linked to the scene of the double murder.

They continue the manhunt for the two escapees, who have been on the run since last weekend, when they escaped from a prison near Kingman.

Another breaking development occurred in the case earlier Saturday. Marshals arrested McCluskey's mother.

Marshals said they made the arrest in hopes of persuading McCluskey to turn himself in. They said the escaped inmates are extremely dangerous, and they are worried about them hurting innocent people.

A team of U.S. Marshals, the Arizona Task Force and local law enforcement officials banded together to make the arrest.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/escaped-inmates-linked-to-couples-murder-08072010

Mother of escapee arrested by U.S. Marshals
azfamily.com

Posted on August 7, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Updated today at 9:10 PM

JAKE’S CORNER, Ariz. – U.S. Marshals have arrested the mother of John McCluskey, who escaped from an Arizona prison last week.

McCluskey escaped from the Arizona State Prison near Kingman on July 30, along with Tracy Province and Daniel Renwick. Renwick was caught days later in Colorado after a police chase and a shootout with police officers.

McCluskey's step-father, Jack Washburn, says he could only watch as U.S. Marshals led his wife away in handcuffs. Investigators hauled away evidence that they say proves 68-year-old Claudia Washburn helped her son hide from authorities.

Claudia Washburn works in the general store and lives upstairs. Her niece, Casslyn Mae Welch, lived next door in a trailer. Welch is not only McCluskey's cousin, but she is also his fiancée

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Mom-of...by-US-Marshals-in-Jakes-Corner-100199424.html

Now that they are linked to the burnt bodies found near Santa Rosa, NM, we have two threads going. This is very sad for the couple from Oklahoma and their dogs.
A husband and wife, each 61 years old.
Horrible.

A husband and wife, each 61 years old.
Horrible.

It's very sad. My husband and I are about the same age and we travel in our motorhome with our dogs all the time. I'm just speculating, but I can say that everyone we know in that age bracket, pulls off and gets their spot for the night before it gets dark. I'm going to guess this couple probably did just that, went out to walk their dog around 10 pm (because that's the time Ma and Pa Rv'ers walk their dogs), when the escaped murderers saw their opportunity. Must have forced them to drive to that remote location (you never would take your rig on a road like that for no really good reason). Probably made the nice man unhook his truck from the trailer too, as the convicts wouldn't have a clue on how to do it. I'm going to guess the nice couple begged them not to harm their dogs; I sure would have. The video of the truck getting gas at that remote Stuckies at 2am? That had to have been the convicts. Ma and Pa RVer don't do stuff like that at 2 am.

These men have nothing to lose. They are not going to go quietly. They know they are putting fear in everyone. And I would expect they have moved onto another state by now. I hope and pray LE is tracking them but being one step behind them does no good for the innocent citizens that may innocently cross their paths.

They remind me of Carl Issac and his gang of thugs when they were on the run. They murdered a man in Maryland, iirc, and stoled his car. Then they worked themselves on down to Georgia where they murdered in cold blood 6 Alday family members.

Until LE closes in no one anywhere is safe. IMO, they will not go back to prison and there will be a shoot out with police most likely. Which if it happens it will save the government money so they wont have to try them.

Bless the families of the victims.

IMO

These men have nothing to lose. They are not going to go quietly. They know they are putting fear in everyone. And I would expect they have moved onto another state by now. I hope and pray LE is tracking them but being one step behind them does no good for the innocent citizens that may innocently cross their paths.

They remind me of Carl Issac and his gang of thugs when they were on the run. They murdered a man in Maryland, iirc, and stoled his car. Then they worked themselves on down to Georgia where they murdered in cold blood 6 Alday family members.

Until LE closes in no one anywhere is safe. IMO, they will not go back to prison and there will be a shoot out with police most likely. Which if it happens it will save the government money so they wont have to try them.

Bless the families of the victims.

IMO

Could they be trying to get to Mexico? No death penalty and Mexico will not extradite them into US if US wants to impose death penalty.

Could they be trying to get to Mexico? No death penalty and Mexico will not extradite them into US if US wants to impose death penalty.

My guess is they are already there.

I just looked at Mapquest. Albuquerque to Juarez, about a 4 hour drive...and they had a good headstart.

Also, checked out Oklahoma City (where the nice RV couple left early that morning) to Santa Rosa, NM is about 425 miles. Pulling a rig, stopping to get gas, potty dogs, and lunch, I am pretty sure the nice couple would have had their rig parked and settled in long before dark.

This case just makes me so mad and sad. Can't get it off my mind. Their poor dogs losing their mommy and daddy. :furious:

I just looked at Mapquest. Albuquerque to Juarez, about a 4 hour drive...and they had a good headstart.

Also, checked out Oklahoma City (where the nice RV couple left early that morning) to Santa Rosa, NM is about 425 miles. Pulling a rig, stopping to get gas, potty dogs, and lunch, I am pretty sure the nice couple would have had their rig parked and settled in long before dark.

This case just makes me so mad and sad. Can't get it off my mind. Their poor dogs losing their mommy and daddy. :furious:

Absolutely horrible. If they get to Mexico, Mexico will not extradite them if US wants to impose the death penalty.

snip
The badly burned skeletal remains of Linda and Gary Haas, both 61, of Tecumseh, Okla., were found in a charred camper on Wednesday morning on a remote ranch in Santa Rosa in eastern New Mexico.

Olson said a car belonging to the couple was found 100 miles west in Albuquerque on Wednesday afternoon.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38609783/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

If they were going to Mexico I would thought they would had headed South.

But west of Albuquerque looks like they are heading back to AZ ??

but that could be to head off lE in the wrong direction.

snip
The badly burned skeletal remains of Linda and Gary Haas, both 61, of Tecumseh, Okla., were found in a charred camper on Wednesday morning on a remote ranch in Santa Rosa in eastern New Mexico.

Olson said a car belonging to the couple was found 100 miles west in Albuquerque on Wednesday afternoon.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38609783/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

If they were going to Mexico I would thought they would had headed South.

But west of Albuquerque looks like they are heading back to AZ ??

but that could be to head off lE in the wrong direction.

Santa Rosa IS east of Albuquerque. The nice couple's truck was found thanks to OnStar in Albuquerque. So the convicts backtracked. From what we are hearing on the Albuquerque news, this is making the authorities very nervous - they could be anywhere. But you can't exactly just get to a border from anywhere; Albuquerque down is a pretty straight shot on I-25.

New information. Police believe they could be in Yellowstone National Park.
The two convicts also apparently separated from each other. Whoever is camping in the park better watch out.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/08/AR2010080801856.html

Wow; that is pretty scary for all those people camping in there knowing what these jerks like to do to nice couples in their campers. I guess it is the one time I hope there is a grizzly attack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back