Found Deceased NM - Sharon Gallegos, 4, Alamogordo, 21 July 1960

I sent Doe network an email to let them know.

About time! 2 years after I entered her! So pissed! There was no reason it couldn't go online at year 1 because everything was there.
Yes I know. I would like to have her entered into the NCMEC database.

Yes I know. I would like to have her entered into the NCMEC database.

When a minor gets entered in NamUs you are given a contact from NCMEC that also works for NamUs. Her NCMEC profile should be going online too. They work together.

If I'm not clear, once I submit I get a NamUs/NCMEC rep that I deal with. They handle both. Brenda Galarza is one of them that is both but she is not on Sharon's case.

When a minor gets entered in NamUs you are given a contact from NCMEC that also works for NamUs. Her NCMEC profile should be going online too. They work together.

If I'm not clear, once I submit I get a NamUs/NCMEC rep that I deal with. They handle both. Brenda Galarza is one of them that is both but she is not on Sharon's case.

If I'm not mistaken Jennifer Klein's case is with NamUs, but she still doesn't have a file with NCMEC.

If I'm not mistaken Jennifer Klein's case is with NamUs, but she still doesn't have a file with NCMEC.
Good point. Roselvr has contact with the law enforcement agency.

The street were she vannished
Google Maps

The city had a population of 21.700 in 1960, it grew from 700 in 1950 mostly because of the federal goverment.

My impression is that she could still be alive, either put up for abduction or raised as their own out of state. The presumed abductors were a white couple so it's not unsurprising. A DNA test through a geneology database is probably the only way to find out. Proabably she's not aware of her abduction today if she's still alive.

The street were she vannished
Google Maps

The city had a population of 21.700 in 1960, it grew from 700 in 1950 mostly because of the federal goverment.

My impression is that she could still be alive, either put up for abduction or raised as their own out of state. The presumed abductors were a white couple so it's not unsurprising. A DNA test through a geneology database is probably the only way to find out. Proabably she's not aware of her abduction today if she's still alive.

I agree and if I can get a message to her sister I'll suggest it

Sharon Lee Gallegos

upload_2019-1-14_16-53-2.jpeg

Vital statistics:
———————————————————————————
DOB: (09/06/1955)

Missing since: (07/21/1960)

Missing from: Alamogordo, Otero County, New Mexico

Age last seen: 4 years old

Age now: 63 years old

Clothing: Pink shorts, white shoes
Identifiers:

Dentals: Not Available

Fingerprints: Not Available

Footprints: Available

DNA: Available
Circumstances:

Sharon Gallegos was kidnapped Thursday, July 21, 1960 in an alley to the rear of her home at 512 Virginia Avenue on Alamogordo's south side at 2:55 p.m. by a man and a woman. She has not been seen or heard from since.
Sources:

3683DFNM - Sharon Lee Gallegos

Missing Person Case

Sharon Lee Gallegos – The Charley Project

Investigating agency: Alamogordo Police Department

Phone Number: 575-439-4300

Case Numbers:

NamUS: 35250

NCMEC: 1277765

Last edited:
Its been a hot second on this one, but I'm getting ready to write about Sharon so I've checked into all this, her namus page is up and live- but her last name is spelled wrong. She's in there as Sharon Lee Gallegas, MP35250. She doesn't have an NCIC number though, and there's nothing in either her doe network or namus profiles about dna. I'd really like to know if they've ruled anyone out as far as Sharon goes. I too hope that she wasn't abducted for nefarious reasons and they were just desperate for a child.

Its been a hot second on this one, but I'm getting ready to write about Sharon so I've checked into all this, her namus page is up and live- but her last name is spelled wrong. She's in there as Sharon Lee Gallegas, MP35250. She doesn't have an NCIC number though, and there's nothing in either her doe network or namus profiles about dna. I'd really like to know if they've ruled anyone out as far as Sharon goes. I too hope that she wasn't abducted for nefarious reasons and they were just desperate for a child.

I entered her in both NamUs and Doe. Not sure how her name got misspelled.

Her sister is the one that gave a DNA sample. I know she had DNA from back when they used to list it. I was also told that it was her sister

Hi, this is amazing, the work you do for unsolved missing persons. Sharon Lynn Gallegos is my Aunt, my mother was her Sister, Ramona Gallegos-Chavez, my mother did submit a DNA sample in 2015, 2016?? And I arranged for a DNA sample from Sharon's Brother Johnny Gallegos in 2018. My poor Grandmother went to her grave never knowing what ever happened to her daughter and my mother passed away on September 11, 2017 with no answers, now I would like to continue the search for answers, which is how I stumbled onto your site...what can I do. I am Rey Chavez Jr. Sharon's nephew, I am 10 years younger than she would be.

Hi, this is amazing, the work you do for unsolved missing persons. Sharon Lynn Gallegos is my Aunt, my mother was her Sister, Ramona Gallegos-Chavez, my mother did submit a DNA sample in 2015, 2016?? And I arranged for a DNA sample from Sharon's Brother Johnny Gallegos in 2018. My poor Grandmother went to her grave never knowing what ever happened to her daughter and my mother passed away on September 11, 2017 with no answers, now I would like to continue the search for answers, which is how I stumbled onto your site...what can I do. I am Rey Chavez Jr. Sharon's nephew, I am 10 years younger than she would be.

I'm very happy I got her in NamUs before your mom passed away. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Were they able to take DNA from her brother?

Praying one day she will be found.

Have any of you done Ancestry DNA to see if Sharon has done DNA trying to find family if she was led to believe she was adopted? I know of another case solved this way.

I'm very happy I got her in NamUs before your mom passed away. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Were they able to take DNA from her brother?

Praying one day she will be found.

Have any of you done Ancestry DNA to see if Sharon has done DNA trying to find family if she was led to believe she was adopted? I know of another case solved this way.
Paul Froznack from 1964. I too hope that Sharon is found alive and will be reunited with her remaining family

Paul Froznack from 1964. I too hope that Sharon is found alive and will be reunited with her remaining family

Paul is a great example.

Places like Ancestry, FTDNA, My Heritage and 23 and me can be a gold mine for some missing person's cases.

You buy from Ancestry when they have a $59 sale then upload free to My Heritage and FTDNA. That leaves needing a test from 23 and me when it goes on sale for black Friday. I have directions how to do the free uploads if anyone needs them.

I still wish there were more pictures of Sharon if any family member has any? I'm curious what she would have looked like in her twenties or thirties.
I’m hoping that maybe the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children will create an age enhanced photo of how Sharon might look today.

Welcome to WS!

I was just wondering. Has anyone in your family done any DNA testing for Ancestry.com or 23 and Me, or any of those sites where your DNA is uploaded? Are there other family names in your ancestry that are already aware of?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back